Skip to main content
Topic: Scottish Nationalist marching leader jailed (Read 1781 times)

Scottish Nationalist marching leader jailed

All Under One Banner is an organisation that gets people from all over to come and march with them in support of Scottish independence. It's leader has been jailed bu a court here in Glasgow. Back in 2019 they organised a mas march from Kelvingrove Park through the city centre to finish at Glasgow Green (Park). I was in the city centre the dayof it with a group of Unionists with flags to protest with flags. What surprised us was where was the dashed thing as it did not reach the city centre in adequate time. Turned out he was seen by the police and indeed was nearly two hours later in leaving! He had also refused to accept some street rules as well and why the police did not stop the clown being an awkward man is beyond me. Anyway Mandeep Sing was in court this week and refused to accept an order from the judge that he should be at home for over 70 days between think it was 6.30am to 6.30pm. However the smart alex refused to accept that decision so got jailed for that period!

I am of course a staunch Unionist but had no objection to them marching and the respectable group I was with on the pavement had passing amusing shouts to the nationalists and them back but their leader acting like he did against the police and the City Council (ran by his lot!) utterly stupid.  He organises an event and a time set then ignores the time as claimed needed giver folk coming a distance to get there! Apart from the banter between them passing us at the Square was mostly harmless and sometimes funny with both sides. Only irritation was an idiot carrying an Irish Republic flag but seeing us quickly lowered it.

So although I did not object in their right the idiocy of their leader is a groan and deserved jail.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: Scottish Nationalist marching leader jailed

Reply #2
Hhhm what a kind of odd reaction there. I did said I had NO objection to a parade etc but I am not ignoring anything but perhaps that might Luxor be your passing problem. He ignored the Council instructions regarding streets off the route. In addition delayed the demonstration not just for s short time or even an hour but a heck of a lot longer. Would say that Singh ignored the ;police when they tried to remind him of the time it was supposed to leave. He ignored the City Council which was ruled by Nationalists!! The rather big-headed man constantly delayed the march off to according to him allow people from a distance to travel to the city! Ignoring the police ridiculous. Then at Court refused to accede the judge decision and havi8ng been involved in the court system myself  a while back he I would state was being very silly thinking he could do what he dashed well liked so deserved jail.

Can of course get along with you supporting that marching lot but you are very out of things I am afraid Luxor.

Reply #3
Not an odd reaction at all. You had the details wrong, that report gives the correct details for anyone that is interested.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #4
Thanks for the link, Luxor.
"Sheriff Paul Brown ordered Singh, of the city’s Charing Cross, to be placed on a 72-day curfew from 6pm to 6am." A likely harsh sentence, for a cab driver. But Singh decided to go to jail, instead. His lawyer wants a "martyr"? :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #5
I can understand you being partially defensive Luxor from your political corner but I stand by the hard factual truth. Your organiser refused to march off as was given by an awful long time nor accept Council or police matters. So Singh acted wrongly and thus illegally hence going to Court and getting into a nonsense stance so was jailed. If one breaks the law and gets a punishment that is it.

Reply #6
I can understand you being partially defensive Luxor from your political corner

Nothing to do with my politics. You were wrong in the details and that link gave the correct details. Stop making issues where none exist.

Your organiser

My organiser? Hmm! I wasn't aware I had one of them, unless you mean my wife, she's a good organiser.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #7
Don't understand why you are kind of doing a dance on this issue and think can just be passingly nippy as we differ. The man acted illegally refusing to march off at the time set up (he came up with a silly answer) refused to note the rules then when rightly at court ignored the judge. It is one thing noting that lot from your corner but that organising big head broke the law and ended up in court and was sentenced in line with the law.  You are almost in a corner that wants to ignore a legal offence and come up with an odd situ. I stick by what I said as fact and indeed I practiced it in the court system when on the bench.

Reply #8
Same old Howie! :)
"On the bench"? You mean, that peculiar sinecure of the Scots courts, that has laymen sitting beside the judge or JP? (I'd thought such a position was relegated to little old ladies!) May I ask, RJ, when you held office, how you were addressed?
(And don't tell me, "The same as always, and I still live there." You know what I ask.. :) )
进行 ...

Reply #9
Don't understand why you are kind of doing a dance on this issue

I'm not doing any kind of dance on it. You're making up issues where none exist, pack it in.

Reply #10
Yikes! Luxor, please don't attribute Howie's words to me... (If nothing else, I only mangle my English for effect!)
进行 ...

Reply #11
Yikes! Luxor, please don't attribute Howie's words to me..

Perish the thought. Good catch though I hadn't noticed that and no idea how it happened, I'll fix that immediately.

Reply #12
It happens reliably every time when you hit "quick quote" on some other post than where you made the selection. And yes, it is hard to notice.

Reply #13
Yes I've seen it a few times but usually notice it before I post. None the wiser as to what causes it though.

Reply #14
I am making up issues?? For goodness sake Luxor what the deuce are you playing at?

May I be straightforward with all of you. The parade organiser was deliberately nearly two hours from getting the time for the parade started. He ignored the police and also City Council (run by his party lot by the way!). Singh was therefor booked by the police for illegal activity and I am not making that damn well up. He eventually goes to Court ignores what the judge decided which was a reasonable thing but ignored so got jailed. Luxor being passingly nasty to me does credit and routine thinking nothing at all. One thing fighting a corner but ignoring the law, rules, police, etc is a negative. Nonsensical reaction from him and I made NOTHING up.

Reply #15
I am making up issues?? For goodness sake Luxor what the deuce are you playing at?

Yes you are making an issue of it as you  appear to think I have denied anything about the case when I haven't uttered a word about it as it does not concern me. My only contribution was to post a link to an article with the correct details of the case for those on here that may be interested. It didn't need your usual blah, blah, blah

Jeez I swear you would try to start an argument in an empty room if you were allowed to.

Reply #16
I had no objection to your pals marching through Glasgow as there were no crowds watching them (!(). However you are being I am fair crassly arrogant and personally nasty to me. In coming out with the weirdness that you did not go on n odd tance in hard fact you did do a body-swerve on what i intimated to everyone here. Regarding the parade long delay Singh's attitude of idiocy with the police and the Council all factual. Nor his arrogance towards the judge. Instead you try to be on a higher level which is head shaking then you throw in being ignorant in descriptions. Your alternative is to try and do a far from shutting the truth I stated and as routinely if I do not go along with your heated ignorance I am being less a person. How you are allowed the position you have here in your attitude is disgraceful. Challenged on issues one gets the routine stuff from many nationalists as if they are automatically perfectionists and thus not to be challenged or in this matter so damnably wrong is ridiculous.

To the rest here I have been honest and reported truths and how someone can kick at me with ignorance and know fine well that the man concerned deserved jail should be honestly and factually detailed. Disrespect to me is a damn disgrace and lack of respect.

Reply #17
Disrespect to me is a [...] lack of respect.
Good tactic: Always end with as close to a tautology as you can manage! :)

Still, you should acknowledge the difference between night and day...
进行 ...

Reply #18
However you are being I am fair crassly arrogant and personally nasty to me.

Nasty, really? Get over yourself.

To the rest here I have been honest and reported truths

Who has said otherwise? Definitely not me, you had some of the details wrong that is all which that article puts right.  You are arguing for arguing sake man, give it a rest.

Reply #19
Giver it a rest is a rather tempered attitude. I even expressed a tolerance for that large if pointless event as no crowds came to see it! I have not diagnosed anything wrong folks and clearly stated what the culprit had been up to before the event and subsequently. Glad the guy got jalied after refusing to respect the judge! If one does not agree with Luxor as I do one gets a nippy slagging and intelligence sag I will get haha!

Reply #20
Here's an old story that seems, to me, apropos:
A man waits all day in traffic court for his case to be heard. At long last it's his turn to stand before the judge, but the judge only tells him he will have to come back tomorrow, as court is being adjourned for the day. In exasperation, the man snaps, "What the hell for?"
The judge snaps back, "Twenty dollars for contempt of court!"
The man pulls out his wallet. The judge says, "You don't have to pay today..."
The man says, "I'm just checking to see if I have enough for two more words."
进行 ...

Reply #21
Giver it a rest is a rather tempered attitude.

It's the attitude you'll get when your trying to make an argument where one doesn't exist.

If one does not agree with Luxor

Hmm!

you  appear to think I have denied anything about the case when I haven't uttered a word about it as it does not concern me.

Try reading things before you accuse me of disagreeing with you.

Reply #22
Try looking in the mirror and then think.

Reply #23
No good deed goes unpunished, Luxor...
进行 ...

Reply #24
Try looking in the mirror and then think.

I've no need to. I already know I'm a legend.  :lol: