Skip to main content
Topic: Maybe there should be a slogan that white lives matter! (Read 786 times)

Maybe there should be a slogan that white lives matter!

A Church of England cathedral has replaced a picture of the last supper by having a black Christ. Is this thing getting wonky or are we to get refused another direction or wonder what to really think? No-one in their sensible ,ind wants to cheer for racism but this black getting negatives is a pain. Adverts on our television here in Gt Britain regularly have coloured leaning ones as well as mixed ones showing. We get groaning comments sometimes against people in history over the last two or three centuries yet suitably ignore the hard historical truth that slavery went on for a great many centuries and there were  Asian Muslims involved in it and included white people stolen and made slaves. Even in African people there got involved in slavery so it is not something that is the sole label on one group namely white folk. Places like Africa were not very progressive and in the long run it was white people that led the eventual direction of education and getting inherent people the chance to improve. That such a continent still has problems decades after freedom shows an inherent local problem.

I will also add that this recent thing about sports events starting with people on one knee is a groan and those that stick a hand up with a clenched fist are portraying a very leftist thing. When we get the stuff about black people being less fortunate we ignore what is seen on television programmes, famous coloureds in sports and so on. However such are almost ignored because it does not suit this going over the top with BLM cries. I have been active in adult and youth organisations that were not racial but interwoven however I am getting fed up with all this nonsense we get even here in the UK and our society if you do not agree with those who limit their brain side you are automatically racist. Certain places in the world have deep problems I know but we are getting too much nonsense and if white and want to have the democratic right to say challenge something here racial guff is thrown to you. Things are being too imbalanced and created by extreme political small brain and too many people frightened to say anything different. I in passing just happen to be white but not apologising for it!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: Maybe there should be a slogan that white lives matter!

Reply #1
Such as with many other conflicts, much of the mess is caused by lack of clarity of the meaning of things. A very well defined issue is broadened to handle a lot of unrelated things, and so it misses its substance.
The Black Lives Matter movement is specific about unjustified violence by police officers against black people in the United States. As such, it is indisputable. When it turns out to involve slavery, ban racial terminology, offend white people, demolish historic monuments, be a left wing banner, it gets into the mess of useless political and racial debate.

Reply #2
Yes I would agree that unfortunately the United States of America does have a long history of very obvious violence. I would also say that the country has had a long history of hypocrisy boasting about a dashed constitution, principled freedom and all that when the hard history has been a wide contradiction. As I have informed here the slave-owners included leaders of that would-be breakaway revolution and what turned out to be a farcical constitution. Its "great leaders including slave owning leaders and constitution contributors. In the civil war Lincoln who's statue I passed on a long ago visit to America was another two-faced. Behind the scenes he made it appropriate that black people would not be equated.

There is a very deep problem in the USA and I would accept to a degree it does not help if you are living in poor areas a yet there can be built in differences as it had been intimated that coloured people are more easy about receiving certain illnesses like the present virus. Persona;;y I have no time for all this sticking up an arm with clenched fist and it does have a far left political leaning. Another passing irritation I have is this thing about referring to coloured Americans as African Americans. What is next - Scots Americans Chinese Americans, etc, etc?! Over there that labelling is not a progress at all. The country has not yet properly sorted out many police forces and although there will be decent ones in general they are not organised on a community basis just laying down the law and that is it.  With so many issues regarding it's coloured people the USA has to catch up because there is a very conspicuous crime level amongst those who are not white. Mind you I am not sure whether the country has the potential to improve itself because the lack has existed since existed. Was okay for me to visit for a holiday years ago and see the place in practice but would not live in it.

Reply #3
Watched a video which the Daily mail got on the arrest of that idiot that got people to start that head shaking black lives matter nonsense campaign. He was doped up on drugs moaned about breathing partly yet sat in a car?? i am not saying that kneeling on a neck is correct but the man used for all the nonsense of the BLM fiasco is ridiculous.

Reply #4
inherent people
That's a new one on me! (I'll have to give it some consideration...)

While I do, RJ, you might consider the longest "complaint" Thom. Jefferson originally included in our Declaration of Independence:
he has waged cruel war against human nature itself, violating it’s most sacred rights of life & liberty in the persons of a distant people who never offended him, captivating & carrying them into slavery in another hemisphere, or to incur miserable death in their transportation thither. this piratical warfare, the opprobrium of infidel powers, is the warfare of the CHRISTIAN king of Great Britain. determined to keep open a market where MEN should be bought & sold, he has prostituted his negative for suppressing every legislative attempt to prohibit or to restrain this execrable commerce: and that this assemblage of horrors might want no fact of distinguished die, he is now exciting those very people to rise in arms among us, and to purchase that liberty of which he has deprived them, by murdering the people upon whom he also obtruded them; thus paying off former crimes committed against the liberties of one people, with crimes which he urges them to commit against the lives of another.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #5
Jefferson? Another founding Yank who owned slaves so I am afraid my friend hypocrisy overtook our control!

Reply #6
But at least you'll admit that Robert E. Lee and Jeff Davis should have been hung for treason? :) RJ, you've accomplished a singular feat: Made me realize that a hypocrite has no shame. That's the nature of the beast.
Oh, well. Live and learn, eh? :) (Not you, of course...)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #7
Two great men and especially General Robert E Lee. He so impressed his ordinary soldiers they bought him a brand new uniform for the sad surrender meeting. Just nodded over to my picture of that great man in grey on my wall........

Reply #8
While I do, RJ, you might consider the longest "complaint" Thom. Jefferson originally included in our Declaration of Independence:

That was a new one to me. There were multiple layers of hypocrisy, before and after the American Rebellion. Christian teaching disapproved of slavery. Slavery by default could be acceptable, debt slavery made the world go around, but no one should be born a slave. Likewise in liberal traditions, that spread wide and deep at the same time as European intrepid slave traders upped their triangle trade and put up mostly profitable plantations across the planet. Where slavery existed, so did abolitionism, and it was not a fringe movement. The European slave traders and owners knew what they were doing, and that it was wrong. On the other hand, money doesn't smell, does it? Poverty certainly does.

But the hypocrisy, and the cognitive dissonance, was particularly stark in the recently United States. What's more the treatment of eventually freed slaves and the native population grew worse than when the colonies were that. While just a part of the total economy, the total overhead of managing the dissonance held the US seriously back. A commonly repeated pattern, and not just in the US. In that sense you could look at Black Lives Matter as a form of liberation theology, even though the lay preachers may have their shortcomings.