Skip to main content
Topic: The Awesomesauce of the American 2024 Presidential Elections (Read 9189 times)

Re: The Awesomesauce of the American 2024 Presidential Elections

Reply #75
Did passingly muse that you may be a well educated ex-colonist but i ponder on that. Ulster is not going anywhere and i would also inform you that a number of years ago the Irish republic withdrew from it's constitution any claim on the "5 Counties." You could also have come out with that stuff of Scotland leaving the UK at the last vote on it and even with all the guff did not happen. Scotland not in Gt Britain would be a catastrophe as it would lose the annual subsidy via the Barnett Formula and indeed this year an extra sum passed up to Scotland. Nationalists messed up the police by merging all into one force and created a massive debt. The National Health suffered under them as did education. Regarding Boris Johnston he has an eccentric side but I would remind you that he stormed into office and the Labour Party got it's worst result since before the 2nd World War. That included scrubbing Labour's working class position in North England. Passingly amusing a Yank yakking on here when you consider your country's failing internally as well as internationally. You can waffle nonsensical stances but it shows you ignore America's internal history as well as wanting to fight wars all the time. You might have been well educated but  vague of using the grey cells properly!
All of this rabbiting on and no substance. You don’t seem to understand some things.

1. I wasn’t referring to RoI claiming N. Ireland. I was referring to the fact that the self-inflicted wound, Brexit, is going to drive N. Ireland into the RoI’s arms. Thus re-uniting Ireland after G. Britain meddled in Ireland’s domestic affairs for hundreds of years.

2. The self-inflicted wound will also drive Scotland out of rUK and into Brussel’s arms again. Barnett formula or no.

3. I do not disagree on the shape of modern Labour. It’s an absolute catastrophe. I keep up with several friends from the UK and a little more than half are (former) Labour and the rest Tories. Labour needs to either clean house or make a manifesto fit for the working class and not the elites.

https://youtu.be/RouB8iUQzTA

4. Yes. I can offer commentary on a topic I actively keep up with and know about. We, the US, are your only hope of keeping an old and excellent country together. We shall have to subsidize you all a lot, but so long as you respect the Irish and the Good Friday decision, we’ll offer the UK the trade deal they so desperately want.

Reply #76
Well, Colonel! It seems that you are indeed smitten! (Again...:) Are you still enamored with the Lost Cause?) GB (can I call it "George Bernard?!) -merrie olde England, etc., is a beautiful country, and home to wonderful people; I agree, and I too think it worth saving -- again :)! (Throw in Wales and Scotland; Ireland will take care of itself. :)) Remind me if you'd like to read (portions...?) of my uncle's memoir, “Bad Night at the Occidental”. He takes the family back to before the New World...

But we have important stuff to deal with in the here-and-now.
Have you contemplated the trajectory of our politics? I'd ask you to read David Cole's "The Curse of Aaron"? There are few serious thinkers who aren't afraid to write with clarity and cogency...

(If I remember correctly, it was you who chided me for reading Taki's Mag... "An actual fascist...!" I think you said. :) Are you still of the same opinion? -Taki's youth in Greece, what with WW II and everything, is not so very hard to understand.)
You have, I hope, finally realized what a boon Lincoln gave us: By refusing to hobble the south and treat its leaders as the laws of war required, he did an amazing thing: He preserved the union -- as best anyone could.
And then some fool of an actor shot him...
Reconstruction work out well for anyone, without Lincoln's steady hand and stout heart to guide our nation back?! (You know the answer; perhaps you've grown beyond fairy tales...) If only Frederic Douglas's advice had been followed...we might not have the makings of another real insurrection, with our black population presumed to be willing cannon fodder.)

Have I given you enough to chew on, Colonel? :)
I'll only add, you do have a regiment, don't you?:)! (Let's see Howie try to pry into this aspect of the topic...:)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #77
2. When Scotland leaves what will soon be known as "rump UK, 'rUK' for short) lawfully or you lot get a Catalonia-type situation, how are you going to react and feel about that?
By the by, ruk is Dutch for crappy.

Reply #78
Scotland not in Gt Britain
Moderator message: You're repeating your nonsense again Rj.

https://dndsanctuary.eu/index.php?topic=2927.msg85372#msg85372
https://dndsanctuary.eu/index.php?topic=2927.msg85375#msg85375

What have you been told about that?
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #79
Well, Colonel! It seems that you are indeed smitten! (Again...:) Are you still enamored with the Lost Cause?) GB (can I call it "George Bernard?!) -merrie olde England, etc., is a beautiful country, and home to wonderful people; I agree, and I too think it worth saving -- again :)! (Throw in Wales and Scotland; Ireland will take care of itself. :)) Remind me if you'd like to read (portions...?) of my uncle's memoir, “Bad Night at the Occidental”. He takes the family back to before the New World...

But we have important stuff to deal with in the here-and-now.
Have you contemplated the trajectory of our politics? I'd ask you to read David Cole's "The Curse of Aaron"? There are few serious thinkers who aren't afraid to write with clarity and cogency...

(If I remember correctly, it was you who chided me for reading Taki's Mag... "An actual fascist...!" I think you said. :) Are you still of the same opinion? -Taki's youth in Greece, what with WW II and everything, is not so very hard to understand.)
You have, I hope, finally realized what a boon Lincoln gave us: By refusing to hobble the south and treat its leaders as the laws of war required, he did an amazing thing: He preserved the union -- as best anyone could.
And then some fool of an actor shot him...
Reconstruction work out well for anyone, without Lincoln's steady hand and stout heart to guide our nation back?! (You know the answer; perhaps you've grown beyond fairy tales...) If only Frederic Douglas's advice had been followed...we might not have the makings of another real insurrection, with our black population presumed to be willing cannon fodder.)

Have I given you enough to chew on, Colonel? :)
I'll only add, you do have a regiment, don't you?:)! (Let's see Howie try to pry into this aspect of the topic...:)
Remembering the LC has its uses. In the interesting political times we live in, it seems as though the former Republican Party has forgotten what happened to the Democrats in 1860. It will be interesting to see what happens prior to 2024; will the former Republican Party split into two, or will it hold together.

Sure, I’ll have a look at your Uncle’s book.

I wrote a paper nearly a decade ago stating that by 2050, I felt as though the USA would cease to exist. Domestic terrorism, hyperinflation, and overextending foreign entanglements bring the causes.

Yes, Lincoln did leave us an excellent situation and we’ve bungled what he left us.

Reply #80
I wrote a paper nearly a decade ago stating that by 2050, I felt as though the USA would cease to exist. Domestic terrorism, hyperinflation, and overextending foreign entanglements bring the causes.

Yes, Lincoln did leave us an excellent situation and we've bungled what he left
Us?! I's say you and I have done our part, mostly admirably! As have the vast majority of our countrymen. The Reconstruction was done -however cruelly, crudely and ineptly; and the past is the past. The vexatious Marxist influence in our society is the root of our current peril...
You cited proximate causes. (I won't dispute them...) But it may be too late for half-measures and palliatives: Someone once said something about "a house divided" and that counsel remains valid, as cautionary considerations go.
(Let us pray -if we've a mind to- that Franklin's admonition ("...hang together or...") is not what is needed!)
进行 ...

Reply #81
Moderator edit:  You've been told to keep PM conversations off the forum, you've been told to take your repetitive guff elsewhere. You've had enough warnings but you still persist. My patience has now ran out and that's the final straw.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #82
The Capital police have reportedly shelved plans to re-install barriers 'round the Capital... :) See? Just give the mobs what they want and everything's peachy-keen! (Wanna bet?:)
进行 ...

Reply #83
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/y1Rwwb6Qaas

The speaker is Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Republican rightwing nutwoman in US Congress. Everything she mentions in the video, she thinks it's a Democrat authoritarian commie conspiracy that Biden should be impeached for, something she is indeed busy working on at the Congress.

For the rest of the world, those are completely uncontroversial policies. Even so for Biden, who took her speech and used it for his presidential campaign ad.

Reply #84
That's hilarious.

Reply #85
(It's too soon, because several keys are undecided yet, but) Biden is the more likely winner, according to Alan Lichtman who has correctly predicted every presidential election result since 1984 https://politicalpulse.net/us-politics/alan-lichtmans-prediction-for-2024/

Americans with their stupid non-system where the president has the freedom to be a treasonous nepotist election-denying incompetent buffoon and run again without any repercussions to himself while all his lawers and more eager supporters are being jailed left and right. And that this idiotic campaigning takes years in enormous cost of time, money and nerves. Oh Lord have mercy.

Good that this is over and done with now. Except if one of the main party candidates dies and the not the other....

Reply #86
Americans with their stupid non-system where the president has the freedom to be a treasonous nepotist election-denying incompetent buffoon and run again without any repercussions to himself while all his law[y]ers and more eager supporters are being jailed left and right.
Can't even manage to put your frothing-at-the-mouth anger into sentence form! :) But look on the bright side: Michelle Obama might be "drafted" to run...
进行 ...

Reply #87
Trump was a self-inflicted wound. But now it is like "it felt so good when we shot ourselves in the foot, so it must feel so much better if we shoot ourselves in the head".  It's beyond parody. Because of the consequences even if he isn't elected, this leans much further into tragedy than farce, but there is plenty of both.

USA is broken, hopefully not beyond repair.

Reply #88
What you really mean is: The EU, Russia and the CCP don't want this... :)
 I understand your point of view: Bureaucratic power is the most important thing to maintain!
The U.S. must be cobbled... if it won't accede to its bureaucracy.
Good luck with that!

What you want is something that you can't deal with...  A United States that adheres to its original principles.                                                               
进行 ...

Reply #89
What you mean is that you have no idea about anything. Russia welcomes Trump. Russia contributed to Trump's election campaign in 2016, significantly so, if not outright decisively. Trump and Putin are best buddies. Not as best as Trump and Epstein, but almost.

CCP also warmly welcomes an erratic American leader once again. The status of the war in Ukraine conveys the following message to the Far East: Westerners don't help even those of their own race, so they definitely won't help Asians. Meaning that Taiwan is entirely on its own, absolutely helpless in case USA gets a pact-ignoring Nato-demolishing president who has no idea about geopolitics, no idea about global trade and does not care to get an idea. For CCP this means: If Trump wins, we have Taiwan in our pocket. Foreseeing this, Japan has decided to remilitarise.

The EU is divided. Ever since the end of Cold War, the western half spearheaded by Germany and France has been working to undermine Nato (as a defence alliance against Russia) and USA's role on the continent. The western half of the EU has been working to approach Russia economically and politically, envisioning Russia's membership for the EU. A part of this policy has been to divest the new members of their voting rights with every new renegotiation of the EU constitution, and the next such step is right now on the lips of all western EU leaders, including Scholz, Macron, and Leyen.

The eastern half has no use for this kind of the EU. The eastern half of the EU sees Russia as an existential threat. They joined Nato and the EU (and Nato first) in order to counterbalance and counteract this existential threat. The current status of the war in Ukraine conveys the following message: Despite all treaties, alliances and memberships, the West does not do anything to hold itself to their declared values and signed commitments. The West sees no problem giving up the eastern countries to Russia. The following action by the eastern EU countries depends on how fast they are able to take this message in and reorient themselves. The fastest one to correctly foresee this coming was Orban who already reoriented Hungary pre-emptively. Hungary is best positioned for the post-Ukraine-war situation by having operable relations both with Russia and the EU biggies and also with USA, whoever the president there be. Hardly anyone else will (be able to) reorient themselves this radically, but at least nobody has any reason to hold to their commitments to the West any longer, since the West has by now clearly dropped all commitments (and even pretension of fairness) to the East which, for the East, held existential value, the most important value of all. The betrayal from the West has been absolutely total and thus reorientation is forced, inescapable. So, even though nobody in the eastern half of the EU welcomes a Nato-demolishing president in USA, realistically nobody can expect any president in USA be capable of saving Nato's reputation either. As a result, nobody in the eastern half of the EU gives a damn who becomes the president of USA. But the western half would welcome a reasonably polished diplomatic figure who would not look too bad to take a photo together with. Trump is not welcome for that reason.

And what is your reason to favour Trump for president, OakdaleFTL? I get it: He is the treasonous nepotist election-denying dictator wannabe with no morals, no principles, and no professionalism. He represents everything near and dear to yourself.