Skip to main content
Topic: The Awesomesauce of the American 2024 Presidential Elections (Read 9080 times)

Re: The Awesomesauce of the American 2024 Presidential Elections

Reply #25
The authoritarian left is froth.
Soviet Union - from 1922 to 1991.
It seems to me an heavy kind of froth.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #26
Oh, they are in ascendancy, and we can expect notable collateral damage. But on their own they are not in the position to take the reins of power. However, there is a worst case scenario, and in that 2024 will be the inflection point.

The right-wing lunacy in the US has reached its zenith and is terminal decline, while the left-wing lunacy has hardly begun. The right-wing is likely to be crazier (QAnon and beyond), but also more marginal and less influential.

I claim a Sanders horizon. Bernie Sanders is in a highly elliptic orbit around the Democratic party. For much of the election cycle Sanders is an independent outside the Democratic zone, but around the primaries he's in the zone. Those who then consider Sanders a traitor are not only outside the Democratic party, to them that party, not the Republicans, is their real enemy. Not all of them are communists or otherwise authoritarian left, but most of those who are, are outside the Sanders horizon. Their next real target will be 2024, but they will still not be at full strength.

Now the worst case scenario posits that the US will have the right-wing crazies and the left-wing crazies simultaneously, setting the conditions for a US Weimar Republic. This requires Trump to win 2020 and some other adverse events.

The power brokers of the Trump base know they are doomed, when they lose, they will never get power again. For some the past will also catch up with them. The power base for the Democratic party know that they should have power, but they don't. This will radicalise the left, particularly outside the Sanders horizon. This is that very situation that can break countries.

The US would be primed for a Germany 1930 between Nazis and communists type situation. It still need not go really bad, but even a moderately miserable scenario, 8 years with Trump, followed by 4+ years of a far-left radical will pretty much ruin the US for decades to come.  

Reply #27
We got a poll of sorts for GOP candidates and voters.

Reply #28
Trump and Pence? Good luck mounting a campaign with them ever again.

Reply #29
Wait until you've seen the results of the Biden/Harris administration... :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #30
If we need to wait to see, then Biden and Harris have already done better. With the Trump administration, its illnesses and evils were in plain sight and its abject failure easily foretold before it took office.

Reply #31
:) TDS, man! You got it bad!

But have no fear: Some other derangement will over-take this in importance...eventually. :)
进行 ...

Reply #32
American friends should understand that 99% of Europeans absolutely don't care about American domestic things. What interests us it's the international American positions. Therefore Biden has already made, just with his announcements, much better than anything Trump ever did.

Not so speak about the lack of class, you just can't present into the world aeropagus with a moron like Trump representing you. Glad that finished.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #33
The massive numbers of poor in tens of millions plus jail numbers the Cuba base death sentence draw outs will ALL continue under the new man in the White House. These things do not matter a damn really and real democracy a fable. Yanks are so easily brained.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #37
Contradictions.
They often purposefully make leftover food unfit to eat by spraying it with something gross or worse.

That's reverting an earlier Trump executive order. A particularly stupid one that was triggered by the outrage that poor people might sometimes eat good food.
I remember when someone in America was upset that a poor person on food stamps looked healthy. Which is of course the entire point…

Reply #38
Still does not make a dashed difference whether a Democrat or Republic President the vast numbers on food stamps, jail numbers, horrible death row for ages is the same under both lots. Democracy is waffled about as is that constitution farce stuff. it is also an immature place over need for damn guns.

Reply #40
What? Is Trump surviving even this? The Republican Party is irreparable and deserves to die.

Reply #41
Well maybe the Democrat party deserves to die too as the new President is showing he is going to be a damn groan and hopeless. He makes nasty comments about the Russian President  when one considers many of the evils America has done and went after ones it could not control. The things I have mentioned like vast numbers of Americans in jail the poverty numbers, log time people on death row the mass gun killings go on under Democrats as well as Republicans and no small wonder it is a nutjobland. The new president is not outstanding nor comes over very capable or sometimes talk right so it is not surprising there are yanks in polls who exercise concerns o their country. Would also say that there was nothing to substantiate Russia was involved in the USA Elections. A load of baloney and that comes in a conutry that has infiltrated and disturbed other countries doing what if falsely claims Russia does. On Friday night I noticed a passing news item on that matter of German importing Russia oil by pipe. Yet the news item intimated America has bought Russian oil?

The US is stuck with two doubtful parties and both with a history of being two-faced and dodgy. Decent and intelligent Americans might live nicely but the country is politically, militarily a two-faced mess.

Reply #42
Decent and intelligent Americans might live nicely but the country is politically, militarily a two-faced mess.
We like to solve our own problems; and have done quite well, considering the state of the rest of the world... YUBBA-nanswer! (Take that!)
The US is stuck with two doubtful parties and both with a history of being two-faced and dodgy.
Were you a student of politics, you'd know such is merely to be expected. That any nation gets more than adequate administration -let alone a Great Statesman, occasionally- is a miracle! :)
(You really should get out more, sir! :)
进行 ...

Reply #43
There should not be an electoral college.

Reply #44
Pray tell, O Sage of Sagacity: WTF Not?! Because it's too hard for a stone domed Scot to ken? (I've always wondered, RJ, do you Barbiei e'ry thin gruel ya kanna ken? :)
进行 ...

Reply #45
I will just passingly put you in the general American bracket of being easily brained. It should just be a straightforward individual vote and utterly daft adding that extra level when you boast so much about democracy.  Would also add that it does not natter a straight damn whether a Republican or democrat in the White House the mass poor so many in jail death rows and so on continue no matter which of these two lots are in power.

Whatever faults Trump had the man in the White House now is no great advantage. As a public speaker a groan does not come over very convincing and in some speeches wonder if he can read English. I did agree with Trump on the border control advance as there were too many in the country illegally and now Biden is a mess with even more rises in the illegals along with kids. Just a pity the US is not a more in-depth democracy but the hard facts show something else. Following the style of Trump  Biden is no advance and will be a disaster.

Reply #46
I will just passingly put you in the general American bracket of being easily brained. It should just be a straightforward individual vote and utterly daft adding that extra level when you boast so much about democracy.  Would also add that it does not natter a straight damn whether a Republican or democrat in the White House the mass poor so many in jail death rows and so on continue no matter which of these two lots are in power.
RJ, RJ... Will you never learn?
Understand, you Scottish spurge, I never gave you or any of your ilk leave to "bracket" me and mine, let alone the entire nation of us. We were well quit of your degenerate influence by the late 1700s... Your Mad Georgie cost you dearly, and you know it; and still smart from it!
"Easily brained"? you say, oblivious to your own Tin Man tendencies...:) (At least in the Oz I know, the local accents sound human enough that the locals don't eschew learning to read and write English. They take their natural pride in insularity not for granted but for a given, a natural right.) Your -and here I mean you in particular, RJ (though peculiar makes the better appellation)- penchant for derision is widely acknowledged; but not by yersel ( a Yerkish neologism of mine prompted by the lower prim[ii]a[/i]tive (sic) state you en habit, with your silly badges, ribbons and sash!)! And to see you task poor old Uncle Joe Biden with deficient reading ability: Such rich irony!
(I'm quite sure when you say "it does not natter[1]" to which party the occupation of the White House falls...you say -without understanding that you do- something both too important for your powers of consideration and too obvious to be seen by such a myope as yersel!:) We're not so beholden to our politicians as your lot seem to be to yorn.
(Sure, and others too know: You thought you typed "not matter," when you disgorged "not natter... But words and their proper meanings -as the expression goes, in Miss.- "make you no never-mind".
It's such a common occurrence -you mis-speaking, and accidentally saying something true!- that someone should coin a term for it!)
As for the blithering blather in your list of horribles realized, you won't and can't take into account readily available facts and figures -- you'd rather stick with your mythic ken...

There was a time when the Scot had an impressive intellectual stature abroad; you -all by your lonesome- have managed to lower the estimation of same precipitously! A feat that should be regularly acknowledged and celebrated, by your enemies! 
I well remember when you went from typing with two fingers to using eight or nine knuckles...:)
进行 ...

Reply #47
What you for chappie is that King George 3rd' help improved. n addition your revolution was not by the majority your rich took over running the place and still do! Voting rights took ages you had a civil war even up into the 20th century and far on blacks still getting done in tens of millions today who are on food stamps and as I also pointed out jail numbers folk on death row for months and years. Your lot create wars all the time and you have a whole expensive list of spy organisations. If not Republican or Democrat then forget politics the monied in both run the place and democracy limited. If real democracy and world principles ever grow then warmest regards but what you basically got after that Revolution was a farce.

Oh I will comcede one thing. Brains are so well controlled over there!! :o

Reply #48
As always, RJ, your blather could well be but copy/pasted anywhere, in any topic... Since I've tried to explain some of the elementary errors you are prone to and found you blind, deaf or dumb -- I'll not spend much time correcting you here. Suffice to say, you are incorrigible; for now I leave it at that.
But when I was a lad we had an expression that aptly "explained" an attitude like yours towards the U.S.: We'd say "he has a hair across his ass" and any honest auditor would know exactly what we meant! :)

After a well-deserved break, I'm off to do some work on my blog. Enjoy the rest of your evening...
进行 ...

Reply #49
Uh oh your description of my stance is amusing as it fits a good description of tens of millions of brain controlled Americans in a dumbed ridiculous political system. Equally also ignoring all the massive failings I mention. Name calling me puts you in same armies who are grey cell controlled. My reminder of the massive negatives on crime, police clowns, tens of millions who are poor the disgusting times on death row and other disgraces. Trying to be smart and ignoring big contradictions to American boasting on principles leans on hypocrisy. Slag away dear ex-colonist but I'm near the truth and will give you a passing pat on the back, That is you know it is true all the nonsense brained into folk over there ignoring factuals!  :devil: