Skip to main content
Topic: Challengin plane over a football ground (Read 893 times)

Challengin plane over a football ground

I noted that a football match between Manchester City and Burnley got a plane flying overhead and it had a banner trailing behind it saying "White lives matter."
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: Challengin plane over a football ground

Reply #1
They do, but saying black lives matter doesn't mean other lives don't. It's like if you're in a restaurant, everyone's received their order five minutes ago already except for you, so you call over the waiter and you say you haven't received your order yet. And then the waiter replies everyone should receive their order. Which is great, but that not everyone received their order is pretty much the entire point. And you still don't have your order.

Reply #2
I seen nothing to bother about over the plane and as expected voices going aggressive over the thing.

Reply #3
A banner saying "Everyone's lives matter" would be more appropriate.

Reply #4
Yes that would be far more balanced than the present situation where the matter is going daft.

Reply #5
Human trafficking or "slavery" is still very much a thing. Where's the outcry for more action there? Too busy burning down places here I guess. It's not the time to argue this who's lives matter tagline... Some understanding of the plight others still face would only bolster their point.

Reply #6
The main avoided point I would say is that the would-be open mindedness must be taken by too many provided they are forceful on their would-be one side stance.

Reply #7
Human trafficking or "slavery" is still very much a thing. Where's the outcry for more action there? Too busy burning down places here I guess. It's not the time to argue this who's lives matter tagline... Some understanding of the plight others still face would only bolster their point.

If we are to categorise the immediate global risks, no, police violence and racism would not reach the top. Not the misery of trafficking and exploitation. Right now, though, global food security tops the list. The greatest change in our life times has been we have solved food security on a global level. There are still a billion starving or underfed people in the world, but it is no longer a systematic issue. The famines we were used to when we were young were gone. Until now.

We might get through this, but then again we might not. Food supply was already a bit strained last year, and since then we have had a pandemic, massive locust swarms in Africa, Asia and South America, and a number of natural disasters.

Locusts, floods, and pestilence, it's almost like the good old days.

Reply #8
You are right.