Skip to main content
Topic: 3rd Reich constant groan on television (Read 689 times)

3rd Reich constant groan on television

As much as I like history from school days until now I have noted that time after time we get programmes here on the many channels in Britain hour long ones on Hitler or the Nazi lot. Okay we know it was an evil system (although the Germans voted for him!) and the terrible things that happened but why are we always getting this? As much as I accept the negative we do not get the same heavy pile of such things about the old USSR. As bad as the Nazis were the Soviets murdered an awful lot more people in their land and did so for longer and although we do not have access to their old government records etc it is historical fact. it is getting me bored now.  :(
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: 3rd Reich constant groan on television

Reply #1
Okay we know it was an evil system (although the Germans voted for him!) and the terrible things that happened but why are we always getting this?
I would guess it's because it's cheap to make in the first place. Only cost is getting a talking head on camera along with some old film footage. The World At War from the 70's is still being shown on TV at present,  So there's not really any need for it, as that program does a good enough job already,
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Re: 3rd Reich constant groan on television

Reply #2
Yes that television programme is a long repeat item. However when one looks at the USSR and the evil from when the Lenin contingent hijacked the revolution it was hellish. He was an evil man in his tirades on the streets and his antagonisms. His body is still out on show and just as evil as Hitler. Millions of Russians were dispatched to places like the far east of the country and many others shifted elsewhere. Secret police was a massive lot and compared to what was there before the Revolution the then group did not have the same power and danger as the Red lot. Persecution was massive and tens of millions dispatched.

it can be said that we do not have access to the old USSR records but the vast persecution, torture and mass killings continued by Stalin are sadly factual. So the constant reminding of the Nazi corner is not balanced by the evil of the Communist corner. Very historically imbalanced matter
"Quit you like men:be strong"