Skip to main content
Topic: Dramatisations & Documentaries (Read 35113 times)

Re: Dramatisations & Documentaries

Reply #25
Excuses, excuses, ensbb3. I made the reasonable and direct point that it was well executed but when it comes to an actual normal occasion they fall short

Yep, well done jimbro you got it so well done on the conception of the ceremonial aspect!  :lol:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #26
Sexist? How twee.

Reply #28
Although I have always been saddened by what happened back in 1864 below the Mason-Dixon you hardly have a very good history of properness to moan about sexism have you?

Reply #29
That's 156 years ago. S**t happens in 156 years.

Reply #30
I only watch documentaries with naked women. To see if the documentary is right. Being a Latin, I'm an authority on such matters.
And others.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #31
For the record the Mason-Dixon line had to do with state borders. Nothing to do with the civil war or slavery really. Although it is generally accepted as the border between north and south. It seems a little high to me, tbh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason%E2%80%93Dixon_line

Reply #33

I only watch documentaries with naked women.

Such as "Girls Gone Wild"? :D

Never saw that particular one but if it's a California's most famous production, no thanks.

Speaking about California, why American documentaries always have that irritating like narrator's voice? Is that what the public there considers a credible voice?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #34
Eh, jimbro? Wonder if you are an alien just landed. The nonsense is still going on over there, every week, every month and a sense of continuity.

I wrote to a US President once.

Reply #36
That President did not reply to me Belfrager so wondered if I should research and see if he had any past historical family links with Edinburgh. Decades ago i wrote to the the President of the Republic of China (best known as  Taiwan, Chiang Kai-Shek. At least that one was acknowledged.

Reply #37
I once shook the hand of Mike Ilitch who has an estimated wealth of $5.1 Billion. He's presently building a $650 million entertainment district in downtown Detroit

It didn't do anything for me. His company makes good pizza, however.

Reply #38
That President did not reply to me Belfrager so wondered if I should research and see if he had any past historical family links with Edinburgh. Decades ago i wrote to the the President of the Republic of China (best known as  Taiwan, Chiang Kai-Shek. At least that one was acknowledged.

So... you are the type of person that writes to presidents... worst than I thought.

A friend of mine used to work to the President's Civilian House and once he told me about the letters they constantly receive from lunatics from all around the world. One was funny, he wrote asking for the bank transfer of one million dollars to his account, according the agreements already made. :)
That wasn't you rjhowie?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #40

Eh, jimbro? Wonder if you are an alien just landed. The nonsense is still going on over there, every week, every month and a sense of continuity.

I wrote to a US President once.

He's still wondering what you were trying to say.

Reply #42
Well that President is dead now tt92 - like your ability to use the brain.

Reply #44
Totally agree jimbro as it must be kept for the new person in the White House next year so there is continuity.

Reply #45
Need two more: A Cylon Imperious Leader has 3 brains. Of course, given the kind of decisions Imperious Leader kept making his Centurions carry out it doesn't seem that 3 brains did him a lot of good.

Still--- the sitting president should have at least as much smarts as a Cylon.

What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #46
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWXNcbxQ76w[/video]

Rj's concerns seem to be misdirected.

Reply #47
John Oliver is great. I watch him every week.

Reply #48
Must say ensbb3 you are in a sticky corner coming from where you do. The number of people paid to influence your lot on the Hill is in army division numbers.  When you elect people over there they are already financially influenced by corporates and the corruption is inbuilt. Tens of thousands on hand to influence what passes as a political system representation. I could understand a bit more if the hypocrisy was not so widespread and farcical to the point of general acceptance. That more and more ex-colonists don't bother to vote in general elctions shows the frustration and with only two corporate indulging parties to run the damn place they are frustrated. Try a proper revolution.