Skip to main content
Topic: otter browser FreeBSD - left clicks doesn't work every time (Read 1204 times)

otter browser FreeBSD - left clicks doesn't work every time

Installed otter browser 1.0.01_2 under FreeBSD/amd64. Works OK.                                                                      
Seems to not spy contrary to every other browser i tried.

But there is a problem.

Both left and right click doesn't work properly. I need to click many times to actually get it work.

Already found a fix for right click - in javascript options i disallowed intercepting it. Right click now works fine.

Can something be done so left click will just work at first time?

Re: otter browser FreeBSD - left clicks doesn't work every time

Reply #1
Installed otter browser 1.0.01_2 under FreeBSD/amd64. Works OK.                                                                      
Seems to not spy contrary to every other browser i tried.
Did you try Qutebrowser too? I am interested if it spies.

I never tested browsers with regard to their spying. When they spy, don't they also spy on that you are testing their spying?

Already found a fix for right click - in javascript options i disallowed intercepting it.
Sounds very much like a problem dependent on what a website does (and is allowed to do in the browser). E.g. I want my right-click menu to be the same on every website and this is why I disallow interception of it by websites. If this is not the default in browser settings, it is very saddening.