Skip to main content
Topic: Putin the Magnificent: Series 2 - Putin's Russia (Read 95980 times)

Re: Putin the Magnificent: Series 2 - Putin's Russia

Reply #351
The British media are back into Napoleoning again, I see. I've been in the same room as Putin (and the same men's room as his body guards). He's not a big man, and while I don't put it beyond their propaganda department to look for particularly tiny tigers, bears and horses, he's not a stand-in for Dr. Evil. Bill Clinton is surprisingly tall.

Reply #352
Nice tits, Vlad.

Reply #353
Surely you all heard this song years ago when I posted it on My Opera. Just for the sake of Jimbro's nostalgic recollections, here it is again.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neiw_9QdAns[/video]

Reply #354
Thanks ersi. I'm a big fan of nationalistic music. I start every day with a rousing recording of The Star Bangled Banner.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgtvoTmTc4k[/video]

Reply #355
 :zip:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #356
President Vladimir Putin tells West not to fear Russia

"Only an insane person and only in a dream can imagine that Russia would suddenly attack Nato," Mr Putin told Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.

It must have also have been a deam that Russia annexed The Crimea.

Within the link, that quoted text includes a link to Putin's answers to other questions.

Note Putin's flair for the monologue.

Reply #357
He is a man for all seasons.

Reply #358
rjhowie

A new avatar that circumvents the "Queer" problem!

Reply #359
You really are so blind and get drawn into the Western media and political leadership claptrap.

Hasn't Obama the leader of the world's most militant and invading nation guilty of monologue?? And we get that Gobells style repeated stuff about Russia annexing tthe Crimea. It doesn't matter how often one dares to repeat that it was taken out of Russia although it didn't want to. Having been under an autocratic Soviet rule things were much different today. They voted to go back and I know, I know, we will get the usual tripe about the vote being false. It is okay if a vote suits the US and it's Western lapdogs but if noit then you can expect the tripe about lack of principle. The day the White House practices principle will cause mass worries to the controlled minds.  Crimea is back where it belongs and i don't remember the US yakking anything when it was moved decades ago. Such rubbbish from the US led West is laughable when one considers all the mess-ups, supprt of dictatorships that suited and so on. It was Kiev assisted by the US that created the fiasco in the est of Ukraine and the Crimea. Ukraine is a baskecase and led by a President who is a corporate. The Prime Minister is a hateful liar and anything that comes out of his mouth is taken as Gospel by the White House. Kind of moronic that.

And now we are getting all this lack of sense about Russia being a threat and NATO exercising in the Baltics. It is in a grey cell corner utterly laughable. It is just another example of NATO trying to justify itself when it should have went years ago. It suits the corporates who run the US firstly and can get more money in the armanent industry and everyone else just dutifully following on. You and the others here can scoff all you like but Russia is not a threat at all and when I commented a while back that one of the Baltic States had a government minister on tv saying there was no threat all you propagated minds did a bodyswerve. It is galling for you small minds to sneer but when Obama and his allies have a leader who gets the same level of support then you will have a stringer case. And remember this. It is industry and farming places in Europe who are dreadfully suffering on the embargo rubbish and much of that will be ,lost for ever as Russia will trade elsewhere. Noe of this in practical terms effects the US so they damn well don't care.

Reply #361

This article investigates professional Russian Internet trolling.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/magazine/the-agency.html

If the NYT article tells the true then Putin should be really ashamed.
Hasn't told him anybody as yet that manipulating the Internet is an exclusive right of Western powers who at least do it from the highest moral grounds. :)

How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations

Reply #362
Hasn't told him anybody as yet that manipulating the Internet is an exclusive right of Western powers who at least do it from the highest moral grounds.

Goodness man, don't you realize wir sind die Guten.

Reply #363
Putin doesn't give a fuck about us and we don't give a fuck about Putin.
That's how things should be.

The next one to mention Putin will be condemned to eternal banning, this life and the other. No excuses.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #364
Maybe someone can  put in  a good word for him.

Reply #365

Putin doesn't give a fuck about us and we don't give a fuck about Putin.
That's how things should be.

The next one to mention Putin will be condemned to eternal banning, this life and the other. No excuses.

I agree with the sentiment, but language Belfrager, language!

This gentleman is a real Putin supporter, so he'll be happy to put in a good word.

Reply #366
But does he know any good words?

Reply #367
There's a new book out on Russia's beloved leader.

Reply #369
Well now, I think such a book in reality would sell well in America as they are so conditioned into propaganda being so damn imperialist, dumbed and brought up with Cold War mentalities. The ex-colonists will never be able to do anything with with either Russia nor it's leader and it damn frustrates the US war creators (well keeps the military and military corporates content. Recently in the US there have been arrests for military/corporate corruptions - surprise, surprise!). When even an intellectual ex-colonist has such a deep rooted incapability to see sense nothing will change on the propaganda front.  :lol:

Reply #370
Something good about Mr. Putin!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/25/putin-russian-military_n_7661756.html?cps=gravity_2684_9166876669866853414

MOSCOW (AP) — Russia needs a mighty military to fend off threats near its borders, President Vladimir Putin said Thursday, a stance that reflects soaring tensions with the West over the crisis in Ukraine.

The Russian leader, whose approval ratings reached an all-time high this month despite a bruising recession, said a "powerful army equipped with modern weapons is the guarantor of sovereignty and territorial integrity of Russia."

Speaking at Thursday's Kremlin meeting with graduates of Russian military academies, Putin also vowed to continue a sweeping military modernization effort that envisions buying large numbers of new weapons.

Despite the fact that oil-rich Russia is now in a recession, Putin's plan aims to spend 22 trillion rubles (over $400 billion) through 2020 to give the armed forces dozens of navy ships, hundreds of new planes and missiles and thousands of tanks and other weapons.

Reply #372
I note, Jimbro, that you omitted the punctuation from your quote from rjhowie above… Surely, there was a period? :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #374
And what damn right does America have to think it should control the world? It destablises places it does not like or if they won't be subdued to your influence or commercial money barons. Throw in supporting terrorists, dictatorships and much else. Putin has played a professional political game and ot does not in today's world behave like America does.

The USA is determined to keep the NATO idiocy in place as the corporate military industry in the ex-colonies makes billions. The sheer hypocrisy of the Westis legion and it frustrates you lot to hell that you have somewhere you cannot control or shut down. Now lies and excuses needed to put bases at Russia's doorstep and excuses to surround it. If most Yanks are going to be as Cold War daft as your stance the place is not growing up. Hypocrisyland!