Skip to main content
Topic: how activate auto-completion (Read 1256 times)

how activate auto-completion

hi all,
today, the otterbro question is:

how to activate autocompletion of websearch engine...

i went have a llok in "preferences" "activate autocompletion... but i do not work
then i went into google-engine option... it's possible... but the adress of the autocompletion server is not "catch" with "create a new engine"

then i went in opera and chrome... but here too, noway to obtain these adresses

some got a solution, idea, or some magic-trick to solve this ?

thank a lot

Re: how activate auto-completion

Reply #1
Hi,
just to make sure, do You mean the setting:
Setting: Preferences: [Search]
  • Enable search suggestions
?
With this option enabled, the completition of search suggestions works form me with the default settings (I checked the Google search).

(Otter RC12, webkit, Win 7).

vbr

Reply #2
yep, you're right, my Otterbro was in french... (help/Switch application language)
in english
tools/preferences/search/enable search suggestion

i tried with google search but, it do not work...

next i tried to do another google search engine by clicking Right on the input search and in creat new search in the contestual menul...
otter openned a window with all options for this search engine...
- Result Query is full of adress and data
- Suggestion Query is empty....
      Or this this one i'm looking for... and it's the same for all my other search engines, nothing in these input field ...

a solution ?? 

Reply #3
well, VBR if you pass here...

could it be possible from you to put in the forum
 the google auto-completion server adress, present in the query field of the google search engine,

because after many search... impossible to catch these specific adress...

thank a lot

Reply #4
@Quetzal: if for some reason it has been changed in your local settings you can always find it on GitHub: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OtterBrowser/otter-browser/082bc92f76ef9ce7b98db55230b8421c5355c46b/resources/searchEngines/google.xml
Normally you'd find this in Preferences > Search tab > Google > Edit... > Suggestions Query tab.

Is that what you're looking for?

Here it works fine both in the Search Field near the address bar as well as in the Search Field in the Start Page.