Skip to main content
Topic: The Awesomesauce with Religion (Read 219967 times)

Re: The Awesomesauce with Religion

Reply #800
you would enjoy the colour and music.
I prefer the naked women at Moulin Rouge. Or Lido. Or any other lousy cabaret surely much better than any protestant insuportable parade.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #801
Aw what a pity. I would have waved and called over to you even if left you floundering wondering how to respond.  :lol:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #802
Pope Frankie may get corrected.
Over 60 scholars correct Pope Francis for ‘propagating heresies’

The Filial Correction, in the form of a 25-page letter, bears the signatures of sixty-two Catholic academics, researchers, and scholars in various fields from twenty countries. They assert that Pope Francis has supported heretical positions about marriage, the moral life, and the Eucharist that are causing a host of “heresies and other errors” to spread throughout the Catholic Church.
The letter bemoans the loosening of the Catholic standard of the sanctity of marriage, specifically permission for remarried people to receive sacraments as granted by Pope's apostolic exhortation Amoris Laetitia a year ago.

And also this,
A second cause of the crisis is the apparent influence of the ideas of Martin Luther on Pope Francis. The letter shows how Luther, the founder of Protestantism, had ideas on marriage, divorce, forgiveness, and divine law which correspond to those which the pope has promoted by word, deed and omission. It also notes the explicit and unprecedented praise given by Pope Francis to the German heresiarch.
The Pope is overly Lutheran on this happy anniversary of the Reformation :D

Reply #803
Well the Roman Catholic Church is generally slow in everything and deep into ritualism more than straight and simple Christianity. That it has taken it 500 years to be agog at the great Martin Luther is not surprising! I hope to attend a service shortly to mark Luther's great move as part of the 500th year.

As he once said .... "God help me I can do no other."  :happy:

Reply #804
The Pope is Jesuit but that's too subtle for any of you, no one of you knows anything about Ignacio de Loyola spirituality. Or any other thing relating Catholicism.

I agree with some criticism regarding some of the Pope positions but traditionalists can't ever criticize the Pope, isn't it? That's why they are traditionalists, for recognizing the Pope's doctrinal authority.

This is what happens when we have two living Popes. It's obvious that the Congregation for the Purity of Faith must act and it must act ruthlessly. A purge must be done.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #805
The Pope is Jesuit but that's too subtle for any of you...
The job of the Jesuits is to defeat the Reformation by means of Counterreformation. This is not overly subtle. It's easy to see how the Pope's plan is to trap the unsuspecting Lutherans by some false praise of Luther even to the point that the Pope gets some internal criticism. Modern Lutherans have forgotten Reformation and they are easily deceived.

However, no amount of Jesuitism can explain the other point of internal criticism - permitting adulterers to participate in sacraments. On this point, the Pope has made almost as clear a move to redefine Catholic Christian marriage as has happened to natural marriage in the West.

Reply #807
It's easy to see how the Pope's plan is to trap the unsuspecting Lutherans by some false praise of Luther even to the point that the Pope gets some internal criticism. Modern Lutherans have forgotten Reformation and they are easily deceived.
Too subtle for you as I said. No one, even less the Pope, gives a shit about Lutherans or any other protestants.
The first thing would be to know what it is the "internal criticism". You can't learn about it anywhere but inside.
You don't learn about it in Wikipedia or in the media.
You're not inside.

Refrear yourself of using protestant terms as "adulterers" when speaking about the Catholic Church. We don't burn "adulterers".
A matter of attitude.

Reply #808
The Papist tradition is a corruption or fiddling of Christianity with all the pomp, circumstance, rituals and so on. Luther was right when he stuck his list on a church door and when he got to Rome he seen the abject corruption of the thing. More importantly too was that he realised that all the pomp, ritual dogma stuff and control thinking could not be any further away from the simple Christianity of Jesus and the growth from the apostles. John Knox who was another priest like Martin Luther realised he and others had been brained into something that was so far away from basic Christianity he sparked the Reformation here in Scotland.

As for the Pope making nice noises at Luther is head shaking as Rome is still the same lot as they were back in that great man's revolutionising times.   :(

Reply #809
No one, even less the Pope, gives a shit about Lutherans or any other protestants.
Actually they do, a lot. Prior to the anniversary of the Reformation, the Pope has been very busy to get all sorts of Protestants to agree to the Joint Declaration on Justification, so that hardly anyone would properly celebrate the Reformation. Have you noticed any celebrations? The Pope succeeded. He cares a lot.

The first thing would be to know what it is the "internal criticism". You can't learn about it anywhere but inside.
You don't learn about it in Wikipedia or in the media.
You're not inside.
This is why I quoted strictly Catholic sources and the actual criticism itself, available here, no other media.

Reply #810
Actually they do, a lot. Prior to the anniversary of the Reformation, the Pope has been very busy to get all sorts of Protestants to agree to the Joint Declaration on Justification, so that hardly anyone would properly celebrate the Reformation. Have you noticed any celebrations? The Pope succeeded. He cares a lot.
The Pope succeeded because there's nothing to celebrate relating the reformation.The Pope has been very busy doing real important things, you are looking for a non existent insignificance Ersi. Only protestants may believe they are enough important to be discussed.

The real important thing relating the criticism by some factions of the Church is to realize that Catholicism is an hierarchical, centralized religion, with its own adequate institutions to solve and decide doctrinal discussions.

The Pope has been too much soft. I'm curious to see until when he will allow this to keep happening.
It's a curious problem, conservative factions are using progressive techniques based on conservative arguments defying a progressive Pope that has reluctance on using against them conservative techniques.
Well, maybe I'm not being clear..

A matter of attitude.

Reply #811
Well ersi I am very teed off that my corner the Church of Scotland has done hee-haw about marking the greatness of the reformation and it's attempt to get back to simple Christianity and away from all the dogma stuff and part Christian-part foreign ideas of Rome. Indeed I will be writing into my parish church which I a member of and at the next congregation AGM raising a word there too!

Reply #812
The Pope has been too much soft. I'm curious to see until when he will allow this to keep happening.
It's a curious problem, conservative factions are using progressive techniques based on conservative arguments defying a progressive Pope that has reluctance on using against them conservative techniques.
Well, maybe I'm not being clear..
Vaguely sounds like you wish Benedict were still the Pope.

Reply #813
Vaguely sounds like you wish Benedict were still the Pope.
At any rate not Joseph Ratzinger, an Anglo-Saxon. :o  You still don't know Belfrager, do you?
Maybe Benedict IX though. :)

Reply #814
Doesn't matter who the Pope is and that such a thing and claims exist is negative.

Reply #815
Amoris laetitia regards the problem of divorced people not being allowed to the sacraments of the Holy Church.
I agree with the Pope's approach. Francis has remind us of the basics and the basics are Love, Forgiveness and Redemption, not punishment.

The conservative faction of the Church seems to forget that Jesus Christ chose for making His Church a man that had renegade Him for three times.

@Krake, I have Benedict XVI in high regard (but for the abdication). From times to times something good comes from the Anglo-Saxons. Rare, extremely rare, but it happens occasionally. (Is it a miracle? :) )
A matter of attitude.

Reply #816
Well Peter was no Pope even if he ever set foot in Rome (doubtful). Christianity was founded on a simple basis and got corrupted by all the additions and fancy stuff added to it.

Reply #817
Says the apostate! Your feeble mind is good enough to to reckon the the meaning of the word of God? You can't even speak and spell your own language…
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #818
I see the amusing side of that OakdaleFTL as you are an American......

Reply #820
No I am not wrong dear Popish associate. Neither is there anything factual that he stepped foot in Rome!  :up:

Reply #821
Sweden Makes Jesus Gender Neutral
In a recent Christmas advertisement produced by the Church of Sweden, Jesus no longer possesses the antiquated gender pronoun "he". Rather, "hen", a gender neutral innovation introduced to the Swedish language...
Comments? Opinions? Ideas? What next?

Reply #822
Utterly daft alteration and part of the modern day propaganda posing as liberal concern. The Swedish Lutheran is part of the club of several churches coming out with his spiritual guff. here in my city the Episcopal cathedral had a senior clergyman recently advocating a special prayer for the Duchess of Cambridge's boy to become a queer and thus helping that lot. Thankfully that religious corner is not that great in Scotland. That lot have also been more leaning towards queerdom than the Church of England over the Border!

Reply #823
Angels like Jesus have no corporeal form and they are neither male nor female. Referring to them as masculine is merely a convienience (or imposition) of grammar.

If, however, they are part of a Jesus sect that thinks post-Mark gospels aren't later political fanfics then it's par for the course illogic heaped upon wishful thinking.

Reply #824
Angels like Jesus have no corporeal form and they are neither male nor female. Referring to them as masculine is merely a convienience (or imposition) of grammar.
Let's suppose so. But then what is "hen" and how is it any better or different? As a recent concoction with no real-life referent, "hen" is a delusion and impediment of grammar. (English equivalent appears to be ze.)

If, however, they are part of a Jesus sect that thinks post-Mark gospels aren't later political fanfics then it's par for the course illogic heaped upon wishful thinking.
It's Church of Sweden you are talking about. From your point of you, they were illogical wishful thinkers to begin with and now they are just adding to it. From my point of view, they are destroying the last thing that could have allowed them to stand a little longer.

Sad to watch how Church of Sweden, where the majority of the population still belongs to it, is desperate to be hip in the false hope of making itself relevant for the society at large, while a bit more to the east, where just a fraction of the people belong to the churches, the churches are far more conservative and thus demonstrate more backbone and consequently also more relevance.