Skip to main content
Topic: If the Confederates had won.....! (Read 3968 times)

Re: If the Confederates had won.....!

Reply #25
So the current Republican Party is the ideological heir of Confederates and Lincoln is some abstract demi-deus ex machina apparition from outer space?[1] This clarifies a bunch, thanks.
Namely, Nikki Haley did not mention Lincoln in her statements and, frankly, given the way her statements are construed, Lincoln's actual historical role does not fit in.

Reply #26
So the current Republican Party is the ideological heir of Confederates
Perhaps Haley thinks so. She may be as clueless as you... :) But I've no good reason to consider her candidacy favorably. (She did reasonably good work representing the U.S. at the U.N. during the first Trump administration — but, other than that, she's not accomplished much of anything. Other than garnering beaucoup bucks from donors!)

So, no: The current Democrat party is still the ideological heir of the Confederates...
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #27
So the current Republican Party is the ideological heir of Confederates
Perhaps Haley thinks so. She may be as clueless as you... :) [....]

So, no: The current Democrat party is still the ideological heir of the Confederates...
Except Haley said what she said, and she is the presidential candidate, not you! So she represents the Republican party. Well, of course you honestly think Trump's pro-KKK comments are better than Haley's and don't reflect the same mindset at all :lol:

Reply #28
Trump's pro-KKK comments
I assume you meant his "many fine people on both sides" comment on the so-called Tiki Torch protests way back when, over the tearing down of statues in public spaces... Of course, you think the only respectable opinion about such is acquiescence to the Mob! Just as you approve of any Democrat talking point... (Not that I think you believe such! But it's your wont to argue...)

About Haley "representing" the Republican Party, we have a way of determining if, indeed, she is the standard bearer: Primaries and caucuses. We shall see whether a sufficient majority of Republicans think she should be The Candidate in the general election...
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)