[ 2 ] (13.3%)
For something else.
[ 0 ] (0%)
For the background... :faint:
[ 2 ] (13.3%)
:beer:
[ 1 ] (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Topic: Radio Geography (Read 8595 times)

Radio Geography

Do you listen to the radio? Via what?
Do you listen to the radio for only entertainment purposes, you damn' Luxor, or is it useful for your business, life issues? Education?
What broadcast do you prefer? Local? Regional? National? World service? Do you sometimes listen to a station not from your region?
If you do - why? Are you interested in how the locals live? Or just tuning into a better music? interesting programmes?
Do you listen to broadcast in other languages than yours? For one, I don't even try Russian stations any more these days. For - as to the news, for example - I get all the important from anywhere else -- will I tune in the BBC, or the Sky News inclusion, or whatever else - often local news teams work well :up:: see, if something is important - it'll appear on most channels anyway, let alone you, guys - with all those "What's going on" threads:)
Well, the starting point to create this topic was: Are you guys - if you listen to "somewhere else's" radio - are you getting interested in the local issues? Including geography, people's life style, etc.? :)

Re: Radio Geography

Reply #1
A special note for Luxor (though he anyway won't read anything here): radio is (and we're supposed to discuss here) not at all your fucking entertainment only - while it's a serious aspect, but also science, technology, business, media, culture, politics, education - you name it.

Reply #3
You don't believe in making small problems, do you? Nope, go for the gold: Hit the biggest, most aggressive beehive you can find with a stick. That will work.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #4
How does it relate to the radio or geography?

You would say you turned on your receiver while on the road. Only then? (I guess the 'why' question gets skipped as long as you, guys, vote.) :)

Reply #5
So, you use a short waves receiver?
Long waves can propagate at quite long distances - they just lose energy.
I use internet and happy with it. By now, I've even created a list on Facebook - of the UK's radiostations worth listening to (you can drop by).
That "flood talks" - when did they happen?

Reply #6
[Moderator hat]
A special note for Luxor (though he anyway won't read anything here): radio is (and we're supposed to discuss here) not at all your fucking entertainment only - while it's a serious aspect, but also science, technology, business, media, culture, politics, education - you name it.

The place for "serious" discussions is DnD Central. The Lounge is no more "serious" than H&E.  However, this does not mean that H&E is meant to be devoid of spirit or mind. Entertainment can be intelligent, demanding, and thought-provoking.

If you continue to insult Luxor, we'll be forced to test the warning level system. It works similar to a yellow card. Two yellows makes a red, and the red card takes a match or two to subside.

I have not yet decided what to do with this thread.
[/Moderator hat]

Reply #7
Absolute Radio still exists at 1215 kHz. But the new Russian station "Вести FM" apparently is given more money and no longer shuts down its transmitter in Kaliningrad at night. It also operates at 1215.
Will you consider sending a Tomahawk to still shut it?:rolleyes:

BBC_Hour_Raw_1_Naples.mp3
Now I can set my clock at any moment! :lol: ;)

Last year a local FM radio station was apparently relaunched in my city. They used similar jingles and music style from more than a decade ago. I e-mailed them asking if the sound clips could be published for download. I received no reply. The management was probably outraged about such a shameless infringement of their precious copyrights.
Dude, :). I appreciate your shyness;) but you know what? Even if they had the staff and time to read your message, and then get "outraged":lol:
Don't be shy, spit on their graves, ;)?
I mentioned RTÉ1 at 252 kHz above.
What's RTE?
Sorry for the question:) I'm getting lazy here on the DnD. :D