Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 346509 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #1626
You're entitled to feel that way, ersi. It's not your country…
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #1627
I see no option but to the US to turn part of Canada.
That way, all problems would be solved and no need for such ridiculous candidates and elections.
Civilization would finally cover the entire North America.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1628
You really have a passing nerve Oakdale on passing problems when it comes to tens of millions in your own corner.

Safe $100
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #1629
Physician, heal thyself!

For an interesting take on America's current path (provided you don't consider despair a sin…) see Fred on Everything!
进行 ...

Reply #1630
I see no option but to the US to turn part of Canada.
That way, all problems would be solved and no need for such ridiculous candidates and elections.
Civilization would finally cover the entire North America.
So we're back at the United States Of Canada vs. Jesusland map? You'd probably have to throw Alberta to Jesusland though, remember the guy they had as prime minister before Trudeau?

Reply #1631
How can a country that claims so much end up with en election like it has? Two people who contentious in different ways? Shows depth to a problem.

Reply #1634
Another woman eh. Fools cannot always be controlled and I am not swallowing the farce that has become.

Reply #1635
How does she know it wasn't Dave…? :)
进行 ...

Reply #1636
Bah, what's a Miss contest for?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1637
Based on this photo she's in trouble.

Reply #1638
what's a Miss contest for?
Unmarried women!
进行 ...

Reply #1639
What a farce this election over there is!

Clinton savaged Trump over the allegations but now she thinks she is above getting slapped? In a more general state the trailing round with often immature and childish attitudes by the candidates  does the country no publicity favours at all. Both are into slagging each other and main important issues to large numbers of Americans actually get ignored. The whole way of doing things over there has a smattering of kindergarten attitudes by too many. Now there is only 3% between the 2 jokers. Many will vote for Clinton even thought they are suspicious of her and at the same time equally large numbers are voting for Trump as they do not feel the system is working for too many of them.  This is one of the worst elections there for an awful long time and whoever wins the disgruntlement will linger on. meanwhile i will stick to real comic shows rather than this debacle and I feel sorry for the country.

my $100 dollars are safe.  :happy:

Reply #1640
I entirely agree with Rjhowie's post.
There's no one in the USA with the moral authority to tell those two to behave properly??

It's not their reputation to be at stake, is the reputation and credibility of an entire Nation that has been ridiculed by such candidates.
Put them both in jail.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1641
Thanks and you are so right Belfrager. What a head shaking country that boasts about so much but practices much that has no semblance to the claimed 'principles.' It is in a mess and the election simply portrays that. My $100 dollars will be safe for a long time and the ex-colonists her known that but always body-swerve the obvious hypocrisy attitude. It is also as I have leaned to one of the worst Presidential Elections over there for a long time and epitomises the farce. They have flags all over the damn place and almost fanatical nationalists and it would be better if they just hid behind them and gave us all  peace.. Whoever wins the farce that is supposed to be an election the place will only continue to get worse and so will their interference in the world. I don't even think that Obama was some great guy and years fro now people will say "who?" He did sod all for the millions suffering in the place as well as killing more people than GW did elsewhere when he was in the White House.

What a pantomime.

Safe $100

Reply #1642
Electoral polls. I find it a menace to democracy and don't comprehend why polls are allowed.
Polls gives to voters a false perspective of anticipating false realities and therefore to manipulate voter's freedom of expressing their opinion.

According polls Trump was back, now he's not, now he goes back, now he match Hillary, now he wins important states...
Basically polls depends on the candidate's payment or even more obscure interests.

In the American system, where voters votes in different days (with the influence of different polls), this is even more absurd.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1643
Clinton savaged Trump over the allegations but now she thinks she is above getting slapped?
This specific case is ridiculous. First was "pertinent." Then turned out the emails weren't even on Hillary's devices or servers. Then we got some vague nonsense about Weiner, raising the specter of his sexting scandals. Then it turns out that Director Comey didn't even see the stupid emails. Ooops now it was a former Clinton aid. Now is it surprising at all that Clinton's aid would receive the same emails that were already on Clinton's server?

Granted, there is the slim possibility that some of the deleted emails might turn up, but if Clinton actually deleted the emails from her server (as opposed to merely her inbox) they'll still be missing.

BTW, Trump needs to be savaged. He's a thin-skinned, narcissistic tyrant in the making. Think Hillary is "corporate" and "war mongering?" Wait 'till you get a load of him (Joker reference intended)
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #1644
  :lol:
"See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum... And one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape! So, like, they get up onto the roof, and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in the moon light... stretching away to freedom. Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend did not dare make the leap. Y'see... Y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then, the first guy has an idea... He says 'Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk along the beam and join me!' B-but the second guy just shakes his head. He suh-says... He says 'Wh-what do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!'"

-The Joker, The Killing Joke

:sherlock: Strangely on topic.  :right: 

Reply #1645
BTW, Trump needs to be savaged. He's a thin-skinned, narcissistic tyrant in the making. Think Hillary is "corporate" and "war mongering?" Wait 'till you get a load of him (Joker reference intended)
I won't get many votes, but I'm more popular than Trump or Clinton.

Reply #1646

Historically black Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church in Greeneville, Mississippi was burned and the words "Vote Trump" were spray painted on the remains of the building this morning. Yes, there are indeed "deplorables" among Trump supporters and always have been. In the tradition of "radical Islamic terrorism", shouldn't this be called "Radical Republican Terrorism?" :left:
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #1647
KKK's Crusader supports the Donald. Even KKK has to lower their standards...
Typical of anglo saxon protestant supremacists, aka bunch of idiots.

These elections are a blessing to the world to watch the decadence of an empty empire, the end of a fraud. Sociological anthropology at it's best.
Problem being there's nothing to offer in alternative, the triumph of modernism portrayed as a Bruguel's nightmare painting with a twist of Hollywood.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1648
If a few Communist parties applaud Pope Francis, should he step down…? :)
(How's that re-secting between the Orthodox and Roman church going, BTW?)

I like the new "allegations":
An anonymous “Jane Doe” filed a federal lawsuit against GOP presumptive nominee Donald Trump last week, accusing him of raping her in 1994 when she was thirteen years old. The mainstream media ignored the filing.

If the Bill Cosby case has taught us anything, it is to not disregard rape cases against famous men. Serious journalists have publicly apologized for turning a blind eye to the Cosby accusers for over a decade, notwithstanding the large number of women who had come forward with credible claims. And now history is repeating itself.
(read the rest — it's a hoot!)
I specially like the argument by assertion aspect — a perennial favorite of Democrats! :)

Pay close attention to the last line of the HuffPo piece: "We ignore the voices of women at our peril"!
As Secretary Clinton said, not too long ago: "At this point, what difference does it make?" (BTW: Do we know of anyone else who was a "bud" of Epstein, besides his "employee" Tiffany Doe? Sure we do… :( )

Similarly, any obvious "crazy" who agrees with you -about anything!- taints you…? What if a so-called "White Supremacist" failed to reject the Law of Gravity? Would you think you could fly? :)

You don't like Trump. I don't like Trump. But my reasons for not liking Clinton are more important to my country's future…
进行 ...

Reply #1649
I wouldn't gloat if I were you Belfrager as it shows you know damn all about the KKK lunatic bunch. It is tiny and going nowhere. rather hypocritical when one considers th majority of the 3rd Reich leadership came from your religion as did Mussolini, Franco and Salazar in your long dictatorship. Your Papacy provided false passports for lots of Nazis, SS murderers and so on to flee to South America so no lessons please!

On America the place is in one hell of a place politically. many of the people who are at the bottom in the basic working class are outcasts and many will vote for Donald Trump because they no longer feel they are  of any consequence in the country or what passes for a political reality;  Very limited parliamentary democracy and control by really 2 corporate parties and certainly not a multi-party country. He is not a routine politician and that fact reaches out to millions of the lesser off or ignored as the system has been lousy for ages. On Hillary Clinton for all her cleverness and experience that does not mean she is automatically treated as wonderful.There are real problems with the Clinton Foundation the two different email matters and that many would-be progressive Americans are not only suspicious of her but just simply don't trust her. All of those who are thinkers have to be more thoughtful instead of just coming out and raving. The hard truth is that this is the worst election for decades and when it is over the road will not be clear and there will be more political upheaval. Glad I don't live there but my potential charity donation remains safe whatever happens.

($100 :up: )