Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 349082 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #1550
You and I, obviously, have different criteria about who matters…
In my case, it's more like what matters. As I've suggested above, the country could really use a timeout. Nobody for president.

The political class "deserves" to rule, by your way of thinking?
What does "rule" mean here? From my point of view, we are talking about a job where one is qualified or not. The process of election may obscure this point, but surely you agree that bad things happen when someone unqualified is ruling.

Anyway, another thing I have suggested above: Go for Trump and America will go down in notime. Unless his handlers do their job extra carefully.

We have a chance, with Trump. I grant, it's a slim one… We have a snowball's chance in Hell with Clinton. That's a given.
It's not Hobson's choice, you know.
A chance for what? For nuclear war? To deter the invasion of aliens? What's the chance you are talking about?

Btw, welcome back Jimbro!

Reply #1552
This guy has an image to keep up. Tough job by itself.

Reply #1553
Now four women have stepped forward with charges that Trump of doing exactly what he boasted of when he said "I'm automatically attracted to beautiful [women]--I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything." Attacking Hillary for Bill's affairs was not a smart move, especially for someone who sexually assaults women and brags about it (of course, there's also the factor of there's few worse assholes as someone who attacks a women because her husband had affairs and doing that makes you a bonafide scumbag....)

“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #1554
I'd thought that Democrats had long ago given up any moral grounds concerning "sex"…
Hillary's "what does it matter" comment about an American ambassador hung out to dry is obviously not important. I mean, after all, he's like dead, you know? :(

Sang, we didn't know each other back in the '90s. But I remember them. Still I don't doubt that the Democrat line "It's only sex" is one that you'd approve of…
But not for someone calling himself a Republican!
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #1555
No moral ground vs "Grab them by the pussy" as moral ground.

Next.

Reply #1556
This is not consensual sex. To be clear, this is about sexual assault.
But Ersi is asking for "next" and he shall have it. I'm sourcing this from Red State to show this isn't just partisan concern.

Ten officers formerly in charge of America's nuclear arsenal penned a letter expressing their deep concerns about Trump having is finger anywhere near the "red button"

He has shown himself time and again to be easily baited and quick to lash out, dismissive of expert consultation and ill-informed of even basic military and international affairs — including, most especially, nuclear weapons," the letter states. "Donald Trump should not be the nation's commander-in-chief. He should not be entrusted with the nuclear launch codes. He should not have his finger on the button."

The officers said the Republican nominee lacks the "composure, judgment, restraint and diplomatic skill" necessary for any commander in chief to possess.

…it's very possible that this person, this pathological liar, who lacks self-control, who knows very little about anything and is angry and aggressive, who might lash out with nuclear weapons if he's elected, could win. That sort of dawned on everyone. We felt we needed to weigh in.
The author goes on to note she's in agreement with the officers.

Out of all the presidents of US and the Soviet Union/Russia, he would be by far the most mentally unstable of the bunch and most likely to order a launch and trigger the nuclear apocalypse. Far fetched? No. Remember that during his intelligence briefing this the lunatic that asked why he can't use nuclear weapons.

A former missile silo operator made twenty tweets explaining what the nukes are for and why Trump needs to be far away from them.

9. Because Trump would be undoing 6 decades of proven deterrence theory. The purpose of nukes is that they are never used. Trump disagrees?

12. But what really concerns me, as a former nuke guy, is the idea of a narcissist walking around with nuclear authenticators.

14. But imagine having to turn launch keys not knowing if we were under attack or if it was b/c foreign leader said a mean thing on twitter

15. The power is there to kill millions. Permanently alter the geopolitical landscape. It is a sacred, sobering responsibility.

17-20 put together for clarity:

Simply signaling that you're open to using strategic weapons as a tactical solution rewrites the rule book. Russia, China, others will  respond. Nuclear deterrence is about balance. Trump is an elephant jumping up and down on one side of the scale. So damn dangerous. But geopolitics aside, I can't get my mind off the young officers on nuke alert right now. Wondering if they'll soon answer to a madman.  And be asked to do a duty that should morally be asked of no human being, ever. //end
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”

Reply #1557
one of the things on trump's stance was retreating his country from constant world control stuff whereas Clinton will be a sword shaker. Both him and Clinton are probably the most concerning candidates for President for a long time. People in legions are doubting both Trump and Clinton for all her would-be experience. As I have oft said if America got out of this nonsense about "having to be" leader of the world things would be a lot better. Instead constant wars and using the nonsense of needing such for defence of the country. Yeah, right. Even Obama came out with this nonsense on a speech  saying the country had to be the world leader. What utter nationalism and imperialistic undertone stuff.

With 2 people in the election who have a great mistrust amongst so many voters it does not bear well for the country as whole and the tend of millions suffering in the country will get no damn where. Heavens, even a person from Edinburgh would be a better bet!  :devil:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #1558
The Most Important WikiLeaks Revelation Isn’t About Hillary Clinton

The most important revelation in the WikiLeaks dump of John Podesta’s emails has nothing to do with Hillary Clinton. The messages go all the way back to 2008, when Podesta served as co-chair of President-elect Barack Obama’s transition team. And a month before the election, the key staffing for that future administration was almost entirely in place, revealing that some of the most crucial decisions an administration can make occur well before a vote has been cast.

"Yes, We Can"

Reply #1559
The final day approaching, I'm certain Trump has no chance.

He's just running for hide the fact there's no two parties anymore, he's role is to give the appearance the regime is still a democracy, to distract the masses from the new order's totalitarianism presented under Hilary's terrorizing facial expressions.

I believe he was paid for that. Such creature has to be an artificial creation.

Americans should revolt. Even if it is too late.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1560
America is not in the moral use of the word 'democratic.' It may try to give the impression it is but the hard truth is that it has developed into a very corporate controlled fiefdom. Trump is a corporate but the vast corporate world is in Clinton's corner and this has been well proved y the hypocrisy of what she said to the corporates and those big bucks speeches whilst at the same time telling the voters she will sort them out. That so many Americans have flocked to Trump is an embarrassment for the intelligent over there but they get all worked up if Clinton is criticised as she is the only alternative and there are many who either don't like her, respect her or even impressed.

The hard fact that Trump gets so many people is of course nationally an embarrassment for many with grey cells but it utter frustration by many ordinary folk who are sick and tired of how the country is run the billions on bases all over the damn world and the lack of spending more at home. When I emphasise the 10 figure number losing homes annually the tens of millions of poor the interference is the privacy of people for 'security' these basic importances just get ignored here on the forum. The political/corporate barons come out with all the usual guff about the world's greatest democracy which is not true. The anguish, lack, struggle of tens of millions just get bypassed and this is why Donald Trump has got so many flocking to him  because of the utter frustration that has gradually crept in. Twice i mentioned that Eisenhower a Republican pillar as President warned Americans of the powerful rise of the corporate lot and he was so true. Trump is more of a third party stance but that Republicans wanted him shows what is deep and worrying for so many of the citizenry. At last they have grown to realise they are being lied to by the political/corporate controllers and desperate for a change.

Both Trump and Clinton are the two most strained candidates for President in an awful long time and shows there is a very deep and concerning flaw. If Clinton presently wins being an 'experienced politician' I can bet that at the end of her first term on this thread there will be no great difference in the lack of democracy, wide concerns about the system and so on. Democracy is an oft used word but the practice is something else and the future is not bright.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #1561
This is too funny for words from me: https://news.slashdot.org/story/16/10/14/2251245/top-democrats-request-fbi-investigation-of-trump-campaign-ties-to-russia-over-hacking
进行 ...

Reply #1562
And you would have thought it was funny that Nixon had anything to do with a certain burglary at the Watergate Hotel. Right now, the evidence is only circumstantial just like the evidence against Nixon was. I know you're easily confused, so I have to point out I'm not saying this is true but is within the realm of possibility. If Donald the Don manages to get elected, this could well be Watergate 2.0.

While the Republicans cheer the Wikileaks on, they seem to forget they're now in supporting illegal activity. How does it feel to condone criminal activity as long as it slightly helps the Republicans chances? I thought the GOP were supposed to be the law and order guys. I guess I was mistake.

Reply #1563
Such creature has to be an artificial creation.
This isn't the first time I heard this, that Trump is candidate designed to lose. But I don't think so. You have to understand just how uneducated and reactionary the GOP base has become to fully comprehend they choose him against the GOP leadership's wishes. The RNC likely knew from the beginning that he was a nutcase that would blow the election.

The US does have a two party system. I wouldn't know what I'm talking about if I went into detail about Portuguese politics, likewise you're in the same situation regarding American politics. On social and cultural issues, the gap between the parties is growing, not shrinking.

Reply #1565
How does it feel to condone criminal activity as long as it slightly helps [your side]?
I'd have to ask a Democrat, Sang:)
You have to understand just how uneducated and reactionary the GOP base has become to fully comprehend [how] they choose [Trump] against the GOP leadership's wishes.
Uneducated and reactionary? My goodness, Sang, you're too subtle for me! :)
I guess you're back to "the seriousness of the charge" as opposed to the level of evidence…

But let's get back to important stuff: Briggs takes time out of his e-holiday to explain the Democrat party's priority in an article titled Thermonuclear War: A Small Price To Pay To Stop Trump. (Do view the video, too…) :)
进行 ...

Reply #1566
Oh dear, did that hurt your feelings? You didn't support Trump yourself and "hope for the best" if he gets elected.  Why is that? Is it because you know in your heart that he's completely unsuitable to be president?

Reply #1567
(Do view the video, too...)
That's not a video. It's garbage, like the rest.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Lfd1aB9YI[/video]

Reply #1568
That's not a video. It's garbage, like the rest.
You only like comedy? :)
进行 ...

Reply #1569
Oh dear, did that hurt your feelings?
No: I expect you to be ultra-partisan whenever you can't find a reasonable (someone else's… :) ) argument! It's what you do.

Regarding Wikileaks, Professor Volokh has a bit to say that obviates your enmity… That is, if you approve of the 1st amendment right to free speech — which I sincerely doubt. :)
进行 ...

Reply #1571
I do: What the political machinations of the ruling class and the media elites will do, to ensure their preeminence… And how that is perceived by the public.

You (…surprisingly, to me) seem to have become another Howie, just watching your telly…
进行 ...

Reply #1572
No: I expect you to be ultra-partisan whenever you can't find a reasonable (someone else's...  :)  )
Oh my. We have a republican again accusing the alleged Democrat of being exactly how they are. That article deals with the media possessing the documents and the first amendment. However, it was always illegal to break into someone's office ransack their file cabinets/servers. Perhaps this is why the attacks had to come from outside the US, to make it more difficult for American authorities to apprehend the criminal hackers. I'm not a lawyer of course, it it seems to be against [urlhttps://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1030]18 U.S. Code § 1030 - Fraud and related activity in connection with computers [/url] That law is quite extensive. How is even possible that Republicans even began to think that hacking state dept and other files was even remotely legal? How much kool-aid does that? That's why I'm tellling you that if Trump somehow, we're staring directly at Watergate 2.0 and before it was over, Trump would have been forced out of office.

Reply #1573
Aww, no smiley for me? Probably for the best. I don't think you understand how those work [either]. It can mean many things... But if you use it all the time it means nothing.

I spent more time [2hrs] looking thru a scope tonight. Damn coyotes are in the area and I've got a new baby in the field (which reminds me, I need to get some pics off my phone). Big pack based on the sound of them, that worries me and I've lost my tactical advantage. My llama died of old age this summer. :rip: (Dolly Llama, heh heh.) My dog is good at letting me know when they are close but I think him being quiet clues them in to my presence. That llama was like a compass to the problem tho. I could always tell where they were and how close by her behavior. Wind was to my favor tonight but I just couldn't get eyes on 'em without her help. I'd rather not wiff a warning shot after midnight... :psmurf: