Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 351582 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #300
I sometimes think that it doesn't matter a lot which of the 2 stock lots win the ordinary person is just a pawn?
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #301
You've figured out British politics! Good for you, Howie! (Took you long enough… :) )

Get up on your soap-box and change things, why don't you?
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #302
Dancing again.

Reply #303
Nope! Watching you do so… And I must say so: you're not the least bit graceful! Two left feet, I suppose.
进行 ...

Reply #304
Well you do emphasise the type of ex-colonist who cannot think for himself or properly. I have stood in elections here and as it happens there is a local amusing side to the two left feet and describes an RC which I am not! In addition my party is not lefty but there again we have a wider system. On a lesser note I once won a dancing competition so dear grey cells dumbell another wasted attempt by you. Whilst you flop around looking for your brains I will be out for an exercising walk and meet people. Friday I will be elected to an office in yet another organisation whilst you in turn stagnate. And anyway can you walk with 2 feet out of the chair and away from the John Barcleycorn??

As for your Presidential thing it is a ridiculous and over the top load of cobblers. Like a circus gone mad. Here we have proper party conferences not the nonsense you have and at each Presidential Election it is the same thing over and over. How you are going to move forward with high principles, the mental waving of the flag, near tears and emotional stuff about the stars n' stripes, blah, blah. They only change the wording each time and stuck with 2 parties who are in turn controlled by the money barons. That the Democrats are regarded by many outside as the lesser of two evils is hardly a compliment!

Reply #305
How odd. RJH says he isn't a Leftist, but he sounds exactly like a Leftist.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #306
On a lesser note I once won a dancing competition

This man is incredible... no one believes me when I say I know him.

In the Vatican, the Pope waves to a huge multitude. rjhowie stands at His right side.
Who's that guy, asks someone.
The guy in white? I don't know but the other is rjhowie...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #307

How odd. RJH says he isn't a Leftist, but he sounds exactly like a Leftist.

A leftist adoring Baroness Thatcher?  :left:

Reply #308
A leftist adoring Baroness Thatcher?   :left:
Continental Drift, sir! :)
进行 ...

Reply #309
Must say that both mjsmsprt40 and Oakdale are both neat redneck Republicans won the GB General election but then we have a wider democracy than over there. As I pointed out a short time ago anything outside of your limited political hegemony namely Rockwell, is leftist. Smal wonder the money barons keep you under control.

Reply #310
Who is this Rockwell you speak of, Oh Oracular One? :)
we have a wider democracy than over there
"My wife is so wide that when she sits around the house, she sits around the house!" (You need new writers, RJ…)

The question is not one of "widest" but of better… And I don't believe you have the intellectual tools to make such a determination.
But don't feel too bad. There are others in similar situations, and surely some of them will expire even before you!
That should make you happy enough.

But it won't be us. You'll have to make do with a lesser schadenfreude
进行 ...

Reply #311
Dancing again....

Reply #312

Who is this Rockwell you speak of, Oh Oracular One? :

I wondered about that
Was it Norman Rockwell, prolific illustrator for The Saturday Evening Post?

Reply #313
I like the terminology… But, RJ, "dancing" being a nice appellation for prevarication — I've used it myself — there's something you always fail to take into account: History.
Your political leaders have set your course. Ours only think they have set ours… You folk are "sheeple" and I admit we are too damn close to becoming the same. But it's often been a bad bet to count us out.

Your country has the great advantage (if that's what you'd call it…) of not being important to anyone else in the world! Congrats! You've achieved your long-sought goal: Utter mediocrity.
You could be a poster boy! :)
进行 ...

Reply #314
Was it Norman Rockwell, prolific illustrator for The Saturday Evening Post?
Nah! I have to admit that I immediately knew he was referring to Lew Rockwell, the founder of the von Mises Institute: That RJ just "discovered" it this year is typical and telling.
The American politician most promoted and most represented on this site is Ron Paul — who, apparently, Howie thinks we Americans should have elevated to executive power…
Never trust a Glaswegian to advise you on matters political! :)
进行 ...

Reply #315

Never trust a Glaswegian to advise you on matters political! :)

Sound advice. Keep in mind that the number of Glaswegians is significantly higher than 1, and comprises political inadvisables like Adam Smith and Niall Ferguson, the recent killer of black youth.

Reply #316
I am content with your built-in dopiness Oakdale and knew about the Nazi Rockwell years ago. You don't really have a proper electoral system at all and is just a wee present from the corporates to keep you lot feeling it is democracy. We got all the attacks on GW Bush as President and then along came Obama and all that "yes we can" guff. He has killed more with drones than Bush did, restricted personal freedoms more as well. The CSA like other groups have bounced by the Constitution when suited than Bush. More people coming out to tell what is going on have been charged under Obama as well. All goes to show how easy you lot can be conned by a circus passing for a system. What a choice -Republicans and Democrats.

Reply #317
"The CSA like other groups have bounced by the Constitution when suited than Bush."
Starts with a capital letter and finishes with a full stop.
Was it meant to be a sentence? Was it meant to mean something? Was it a cunning test to check if we are paying attention?

Reply #318
"The CSA like other groups have bounced by the Constitution when suited than Bush."

TT, it's a test for Scottish citizenship. If you know what the sentence means, you instantly become a citizen.

Most people have difficulty with "when suited than Bush." Admittedly, some have problems with "bounced by the Constitution."

Reply #319

TT, it's a test for Scottish citizenship. If you know what the sentence means, you instantly become a citizen.

Thanks for clearing that up.
For the record, what is FIRST prize?

Reply #320
:)
…I'm still somewhat curious how "CIA" became "CSA". Even typing with one's knuckles doesn't make that likely. (Howie, what were you doing with you right hand…? :) )
进行 ...

Reply #322
With all the alphabet soup we have for intelligence and security these days, I'm almost surprised an American doesn't get it confused. "CSA" is the unholy offspring that results when the CIA and the TSA have a tryst at the Astro Motel.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #323

:)
…I'm still somewhat curious how "CIA" became "CSA". Even typing with one's knuckles doesn't make that likely. (Howie, what were you doing with you right hand…? :) )

Snappin' 'is carrot to the beat of the rockin' monkey.....that's his 23 hour long  'Constitutional' 

Reply #324

Must say that both mjsmsprt40 and Oakdale are both neat redneck Republicans won the GB General election but then we have a wider democracy than over there. As I pointed out a short time ago anything outside of your limited political hegemony namely Rockwell, is leftist. Smal wonder the money barons keep you under control.

May I be the first to offer my congratulations to mjmsprt40 and Oakdale on the apparently new Coalition Gov't they have formed.

Also congrats on the new citizenship?

Many thanks to @Luxor for pointing out the new anthem for the new Coalition gov't  :beer: :
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBumQHPAeU[/video]