Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 352916 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #425
if most liberals is progressive .

is most  Conservatives is Reactionary ?

Reply #426

As is known the system is a joke

AFAIK , the U.S political climate  is separated in two stream .
Conservative and Liberal .

if in UK , probably it is similar with Right wing and Left wing .

which pejoratively , the one always appeal to novelty .
while the other always appeal to tradition .

It's more complicated than you may think.
Keep in mind that raping words is an usual habit when it comes to politics and ideology. No wonder that the same notion can mean different things depending on which continent or in which country it is used.

An example, probably not the best but even so may help you to get the picture:
Conservative or Liberal? It's all a matter of where you live in the world

BTW, an example from Germany (it might apply for other countries as well).
"To reform" something means generally something good, to make something better.
Therefore politicians have raped this word in order to give some unpopular decisions a positive connotation.
Only two examples:
reforms of the social sytem = cuts in social spending
reforms of the labor market = less rights for employees

Reply #427
well ,  it is easy to detect someone is Corservative or liberal if the one live in the U.S

in example ; those that support second amandment aka Gun Rights is conservative .
and those that support LGBTQ marriage is liberal .

so it is save to say , Smileyface is conservative .

on the other hand the Executive ( The President ) is just execute whatever that writed in the Constitution .

so he/she is a must to be a hypocrite  ( Liberal and conservative )

since , the constitution produced by the Legislative , which separated in two kind .
Liberal and conservative .

but , if the one live in Multipartij country  ( Not Dual Partij ) .

i guess that kinda hard to analyse .

in example ; my country .

it have multipartij,   it is separated in two streams ---> Coalition A and Coalition B .

Where , inthe Coalition A  there are   Conservative partij ,  and Liberal partij  .

and inthe Coalition B  there are also Conservative partij and  Liberal partij .

Reply #428
The latest poll, conducted by ABC News and the Washington Post, shows Trump with a commanding lead: 24% of registered Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, compared with 13% for the Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker and 12% for the former Florida Governor, Jeb Bush.
==================
I know it won't happen, but if it did, Trump would be the Democrats' guarantee of victory. Lordy, the man attacked McCain! He's no hero, The Donald declared.

Reply #429

Lordy, the man attacked McCain! He's no hero, The Donald declared.

Out of curiosity, I'll ask you a question and promise not to argue, whatever your answer will be.
Do you consider McCain a hero?
In case you do, what makes him a hero? The fact that he was taken prisoner or the fact that he fought in Vietnam?

Reply #430
Frankly, I don't give a damn, but I don't think that being a prisoner makes a man a hero.

What I think is that Trump is a fool who will do the Republicans harm if this silliness goes on to much further. Not being sympathetic to the Republican Party's agenda, I hope he keeps it up. With the passage of time I'm certain that his present popularity will dwindle and he'll end up in the ash pile of history.

Reply #431
btw , when they will officially announce the President and vice president candidate , from both partijs?

republican and democrat .

Reply #432
I am of course no fan of McCain whilst thinking that would-be joke was a bit out of kilter. The whole political system seems to be something less than it sholud be.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #433

btw , when they will officially announce the President and vice president candidate , from both partijs?

republican and democrat .

There are a couple of conventions where that will be decided once and for all. Look for the announcements along about July or early August of 2016. Then the race heats up for the general election in November.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #434
I could imagine that a lot of stand-up comedians are hoping for a Donald Trump victory come November 2016. Man--- think of the daily material coming from the Oval Office for free! Any pundit that couldn't make hay from "The Donald"s pronouncements should be fired as hopelessly incompetent.

I hope Trump gets out of the race, personally. Comedy aside, it would be a great tragedy for the country if he gets anywhere near the Oval Office.
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #435
hmm ...
i could imagine ... when there are surveys and polls ' who's the winner of 2016 election '

the statistics from credible surveyor  shows + 10% gap between candidate A and candidate B .

in example -->   A = 60% , B = 30%

with + 3% margin of error

Reply #436
I hope Trump gets out of the race, personally. Comedy aside, it would be a great tragedy for the country if he gets anywhere near the Oval Office.

For shame, sir! The Donald has an estimated net worth of $4.1 billion. As president, he'd make only $400,000/year. What's a billionaire to do?

Imagine the Koch brothers as Sec. of Defense and Sec. of the Treasury. Combined they make $3 million dollars per hour.

Reply #437
I think that mjsmsprt40 does have a definitive point about Trump and only wish there was a better choice for you folks there.

Reply #438
After being beaten by such an artificial candidate as Obama it would be vital to Republicans to gain the indisputable representativity of the Nation. As the world can astonishingly assist they can't get anything better than a piece of excrement.

It's obvious that political parties don't exist anymore, just a farce hiding the true centers of decision of the new totalitarianism.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #439
This just in! Obama might not leave office!
I wasn't sure where to post this, here or The Worst People thread. Alex Jones is the ninny and American conspiracy theorist. Enjoy.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w9UlZcWaRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w9UlZcWaRI[/video]

Reply #440
Well Belfrager as I have often said there is no proper democracy and system in America it is run by the corporates and what passes for a "system" is a front to fol the people away from the real rulers of the country. When you watch what passes for some vague type of party conferences (really just jamorees and so juvenile) and the whole thing looks so damn juvenile.

Reply #441

Well Belfrager as I have often said there is no proper democracy and system in America it is run by the corporates and what passes for a "system" is a front to fol the people away from the real rulers of the country. When you watch what passes for some vague type of party conferences (really just jamorees and so juvenile) and the whole thing looks so damn juvenile.

That Bru must be powerful stuff.

Reply #442
Irn Bru as a previous advert used to sate - made from girders. But it doesn't take much to assess what passes for a system over the pond except for the poor folk who live there. Mind you when one sees what the land of the kangaroo puts in for a Prime Minister we can add a long sigh.

Reply #444
One takeaway thought from that link in Jimbro's post:

Trump is mentally ill and should not have firearms. Or the oval office. Or the Republican nomination.

OK, that's at least 3 takeaway thoughts. Still--- Trump is not a well man, and the sooner he's off the national stage the better.

Reply #445
The last line of the article should read:
[When] Why he begins to be required to answer substantive questions – and to defend his answers – in a forum he doesn’t control, The Donald may just end up firing himself.
Which point is not so obvious, since Trump's ego is the proverbial steel trap

Perhaps he'll end up still quite rich but residing next-door to Napoleon! :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #447
No substance jimbro?? Dear, oh dear it is a disappointment when even an intelligent ex-colonist goes into that mode. It does not take much intelligence nor an long indepth study to see that people like McCain and Trump are numpties. A school failure can see that direction so no point in trying to create some false assessment of routing practicality matters.  I know it doesn't show your system in a very good light but don't get desperate. The hard truth for you and others is that it does not matter one iota of a damn who goes into the White House as the most important position the country will still want to rule the world via ridiculous military expenditure, interference, the tens of millions of starving and poor inside will still be there and the corporate controllers run the place no matter what stuff we get here. Indeed the very fact that a man like Trump is in the running with support and McCain had it says more than you can ever try to do dismissing any objection as not informed or deep enough.

On a wider scale than you are pontificating on the voting percentage in the last general elections on the 'Hill show that an awful lot of people have got fed up with what they are stuck with.

Reply #448

No substance jimbro?? Dear, oh dear it is a disappointment when even an intelligent ex-colonist goes into that mode. It does not take much intelligence nor an long indepth study to see that people like McCain and Trump are numpties. A school failure can see that direction so no point in trying to create some false assessment of routing practicality matters.  I know it doesn't show your system in a very good light but don't get desperate. The hard truth for you and others is that it does not matter one iota of a damn who goes into the White House as the most important position the country will still want to rule the world via ridiculous military expenditure, interference, the tens of millions of starving and poor inside will still be there and the corporate controllers run the place no matter what stuff we get here. Indeed the very fact that a man like Trump is in the running with support and McCain had it says more than you can ever try to do dismissing any objection as not informed or deep enough.

On a wider scale than you are pontificating on the voting percentage in the last general elections on the 'Hill show that an awful lot of people have got fed up with what they are stuck with.

The esteemable Mr. Howie in every thread (were he an American):

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOGoCb0SKrU[/video]

Reply #449
The hard truth for you and others is that it does not matter one iota of a damn who goes into the White House as the most important position the country will still want to rule the world via ridiculous military expenditure, interference, the tens of millions of starving and poor

Terrible to say, but we all have our problems.
Leading Public Health Experts and Charities warn that Austerity Measures and Poverty in the UK are about to cause a Public Health Emergency with widespread Starvation and Malnutrition.

Six of the UK’s leading experts on public health have published an open letter in the British Medical Journal (BMJ), warning that food poverty in the UK has developed into an emergency. Also charities recognize and exponential increase of people asking for help, tripling the use of food banks in the last year alone.