Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 349549 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #350
Doesn't matter which of the two giant corporate backed giant parties wins the thing is a farce. There will still be 1,000,000 losing homes, 11,000 shot dead annually, 40 million poor on food stamps, gung-ho police,spend half the globe's armaments bill, the utter farcical international stance on freedom, rights and stuff. And all the hype about a new dawn and heart thumping progress is the same guff and the folk dumbed into believing it all. Yeah, right.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #351

Doesn't matter which of the two giant corporate backed giant parties wins the thing is a farce. There will still be 1,000,000 losing homes, 11,000 shot dead annually, 40 million poor on food stamps, gung-ho police,spend half the globe's armaments bill, the utter farcical international stance on freedom, rights and stuff.

America.....ya gotta love the smell of burnt gunpowder in the mornin'!

Alergik RJ......stay home & play with yer pen knife............while Lizzy & her Mongoloid Puppet Government still letsya that is! 

Reply #352
Be smug it covers inability to argue my points dear terrorist supporter. And to ad to them you are trillions in debt, keeping armament corporates happy selling stuff and telling the world how wonderful you are. Small wonder we shake our heads the way the country is run inside never mind out! And I stand by my submission it does not make a damn difference to less well off or the country as a whole. Conventions? They look ridiculous and juvenile and that is being lenient.

Reply #353
Small wonder we shake our heads the way the country is run inside never mind out! And I stand by my submission it does not make a damn difference to less well off or the country as a whole.

"We"? Who are "we"?

And...
There are 2.3 million children - almost one in six - living in relative poverty in the UK, government figures show.
The Department for Work and Pensions said the proportion of children living in poverty was unchanged in 2013-14 compared with the previous year.
A child is defined as being in poverty when living in a household with an income below 60% of the UK's average.
Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith said poverty levels were the "lowest since the mid-1980s".
The DWP said the percentage of children in relative low income households remained at 17%.
'Deeply concerning'

Reply #354
Depends what one means by poverty.

I see no children in poor clothes or shoes, houses in "poor" areas with satellite tv, pubs, full and fast food shops doing great money. They have all got mobile phones, tablets and so on. When you manage to do something with the million a year losing homes and the 40 million poor then fine. You have become like the cumfy leafy suburbian myth style and simply shut your eyes to the negatives that cannot be answered. I have well stated what I found both in my job and in voluntary work on the old Opera forums. Those less well off are better here than in the hypocrisyland.

Reply #355
What do I see locally? I don't get out into poor neighborhoods here but do drive along roads between our house and my daughter's neighborhood and see absolute hovels with TV and internet hardware on roofs and planted in front yards.

From http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/04/losing-homes-housing-crisis-affordable-housing

On Monday this week, my boyfriend came home clutching a letter and looking shell-shocked. Our landlords, a housing association that rents us our flat privately, had taken the decision to raise our rent by £400 a month to bring it in line with the market. Fair enough, some might say, but it means that our home – the home that we have made together – has gone from being just about affordable to not being a viable option.

In the midst of the UK’s current housing crisis, it was, I suppose, only to be expected. It’s difficult to express the emotions that you experience when you suddenly realise that what you thought was your home could be swept out from underneath your feet. Now I know that a rented home is never yours.

Reply #356
Oh the guardian again! That item shows their political leaning exceptionally well. Nationally in the Welfare State families were able to have benefits up to £25,000 a year. Rent, child allowance and so on. A ridiclusous amount and the government is right to reduce it to £23,000 maximum. Tax payments were reduced and tax is not paid until over £10,500 nd planed to be £12,000. So even many more will pay no tax. It is easy of course to pick something out and give the impression of a wholesale bad situation when that is utter bunkum. Many instead of the Welfare State being as a safety net use it as an alternative to working. Those that often scoff atthe Daily mail can equally be scoffed at on the Guardian. As I said a while ago it was Midlands based originally and called the 'Manchester Guardian' and supported the Liberal Party no it is Labour leaning. The one good news about that newspaper is it's steady decline and a positive.

Reply #357

Oh the guardian again! That item shows their political leaning exceptionally well. Nationally in the Welfare State families were able to have benefits up to £25,000 a year. Rent, child allowance and so on. A ridiclusous amount and the government is right to reduce it to £23,000 maximum. Tax payments were reduced and tax is not paid until over £10,500 nd planed to be £12,000. So even many more will pay no tax. It is easy of course to pick something out and give the impression of a wholesale bad situation when that is utter bunkum. Many instead of the Welfare State being as a safety net use it as an alternative to working. Those that often scoff atthe Daily mail can equally be scoffed at on the Guardian. As I said a while ago it was Midlands based originally and called the 'Manchester Guardian' and supported the Liberal Party no it is Labour leaning. The one good news about that newspaper is it's steady decline and a positive.

One takes away you prefer The Telegraph or the Daily Mail?  :sherlock:

Reply #358
Oh the guardian again! That item shows their political leaning exceptionally well. Nationally in the Welfare State families were able to have benefits up to £25,000 a year. Rent, child allowance and so on. A ridiclusous amount and the government is right to reduce it to £23,000 maximum.

It's 'ridiclusous' to selectively pick on the poor, although it's probably universal. Why, it even happens here.

Reply #359
It's 'ridiclusous' to selectively pick on the poor, although it's probably universal. Why, it even happens here.

It certainly does.  In 2008 the state of Oregon held a lottery for the poor and uninsured to see who would receive Medicaid.  The lottery turned into a landmark experiment to see whether having health insurance actually led to better health.  As one might guess, having health insurance, as opposed to those who did not have health insurance, didn't lead to better health--go figure.  :knight:  :cheers:

EDIT:  "Physical health:
Medicaid has no statistically significant effect on measured blood pressure, cholesterol or glycated hemoglobin (a measure of diabetic blood sugar control), or on the diagnosis of or medication for blood pressure or cholesterol. We can reject, with 95% confidence, increases in systolic blood pressure larger than 1.93 mm Hg and decreases larger than 2.97 mm Hg. For diastolic blood pressure, we can reject, with 95% confidence, increases larger than 1.04 mm Hg and decreases larger than 2.65 mm Hg."
James J

Reply #360
To you Colonel - "yes." The Guardian is a posh and declining paper with it's own political agenda (like many of course) and that it is declining is a progressive news point in itslef.  When it evacuated Manchester in the ordinary Midlands to changing it's name (dropping 'Manchester') embodies it's strutting pomposity.

Yes to jimbro and anyone on the poor always being with us. It depends what countries spend and how they deal with the poor and homeless. Jimbro has earlier touched on the massive military bill across the water which is very immoral and contradictory and it kind of ignores the plight of the less well off citizenry. That is sad and should not happen of course.

Reply #361
Jimbro has earlier touched on the massive military bill across the water which is very immoral and contradictory and it kind of ignores the plight of the less well off citizenry. That is sad and should not happen of course.
If you don't mind Howie I'll take advantage of your peculiar style of punctuation to "interpret" what you said for the un-initiated:
That "massive military bill" being "across the water" is indeed immoral! Buck up, boy-o: Nobody expects Scotland (or England, or Western Europe) to pay for their own defense; and you should know -your own advice supports it!- the next time you're in a pickle, we may just hunker down and leave you to your own devices. (You yourself are fairly safe: Nobody wants Scotland… Not even the Scots.)
Your "plight of the less well-off citizenry" doesn't seem to bother you much… But I suppose if you've been used to centuries of poverty you can hardly know better. Perhaps that's why -when the U.S. mostly paid the way- you still managed to promote poverty at home. Good job!

So: Why does the upcoming presidential race in the U.S. seem so important to you? Looking for someone to curse, before you expire?
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #362
Back to the 2016 race and why I'd rather have Putin as president.

Reply #363
Back to the 2016 race and why I'd rather have Putin as president.
I can't respond to this… Sartorial proclivities aside, I'd not worry about or wrap my politics around Liberal Doctrine!
You, Jaybro, would. I think that unfortunate. (But how many more elections are you going to vote in? Or me!? And what do our votes accomplish?) What, I ask, is the vision you'd promote, of the next best thing? :)

I assume that you'll vote for Joe Bidden?! :) (Or Hillary Clinton.)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #364
Or Hillary Biden, RjOakdale.

As for the number of elections I'll vote in, who knows. At 77 I'm running out of elections.

A single vote hardly matters, so my vote or lack thereof won't make a bit of difference. What I do know is the the Republicans in my old home state are trying to cut my retirement benefits, so you can predict which party I'll support.

Reply #365
You don't have much of a chice anyway jimbro and stuck with 2 corporate gants rather than a wide democracy. Stay in, spend your pension, enjoy the Net and sigh.

Reply #366

BTW, nobody will laugh at him as president because he has no chance to become one.

Reply #367
Great pic! You're right. He's delusional.

Reply #368
Krake, you and I don't agree on much but this is one thing we do agree on. Trump is his own worst enemy, every time he opens his mouth something foolish comes out.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #369

Krake, you and I don't agree on much but this is one thing we do agree on. Trump is his own worst enemy, every time he opens his mouth something foolish comes out.

Special note to RJHowie: This may be the time to re-think that bit about money buying power. Trump has enough money to buy the Presidency if you were right, instead of that I doubt he survives the Iowa caucuses as a viable candidate. If he does get past Iowa, he's done by Super Tuesday.
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #370

So, who would be his running mate?

Reply #371
One that I'm missing. Too bad that he isn't among the candidates. :(

Reply #372
Looks like a lizard doing a spastic dance.

Reply #373
Is this thread - The American something - a show of monstrous creatures?
That's a good idea.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #374
I don't know about monstrous creatures, but it sure does resemble "Amateur Hour". Special points if you're old enough to remember that program.....