Skip to main content
Topic: What's Going on in Eurasia? (Read 29616 times)

Re: What's Going on in Eurasia?

Reply #50
I suspect that if Bernie could resurrect Karl he'd gladly accept him as a running-mate… :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #51
Well the television show that had Americans signing a street petition for Bernieaunders to invite Karl Marx to come along and be in his team is woeful. It shows how little the many people really know and apart from being funny was in a way, sad.

You are cumfy jimbro and I cannot fault you for that at all as you worked long in an area of need and entitled to what you have. However it is a bit stretched to try and cover the general truth that tens of millions are on stamps and millions losing homes in the "world's greatest country" and so on.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #52
What is going on in the Eurasian continent (and attached islands and colonies) and with the Eurasian people, culture, history, and maps?

I's all Marco Polo's fault.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #55
I would  like to know what happened in Turkey.
It's clear that no one knows.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #56
It's clear that Atatürk is rolling over in his grave…
进行 ...

Reply #58
That Great Garuda design is amazing, but it's not clear to me how it will survive a few major typhoons.

“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #59
I found extremely interesting this article about what's happening in Turkey and beyond.
Fethullah Gülen is not a “who” but, rather, it is a “what.” The what is one of the most extensive and elaborate surrogate warfare networks ever created by the United States intelligence community, spanning countless nations including the United States and Germany, as well as the historic Turkic regions of Central Asia from Turkey up to the Uyghur peoples of China’s oil-rich Xinjiang Autonomous Province.

http://journal-neo.org/2016/07/25/what-is-fethullah-gulen/
A matter of attitude.

Reply #60
You still believe the CIA supported, funded and equipped Al Qaeda? :) What you seem to find "interesting" is the same sort of stuff Howie does…
进行 ...

Reply #61
You still believe the CIA supported, funded and equipped Al Qaeda? :) What you seem to find "interesting" is the same sort of stuff Howie does…
I still believe, until evidence in contrary, that the CIA does a lot against Europe. The difference regarding Howie is that I also believe the KGB does the same.

As for the Eurasia scenario, you should read your enemies Oakdale, not just your side's propaganda. Compare both and you'll learn a lot, including that Putin has been much more skillful than your side.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #63
I read part of the Wiki article, Frenzie… But I'm quite sure that the Al Qaeda group was dissed by everyone! Go figure.
Bin Laden was not respected, by anyone. And the CIA never financed them… But, of course, there's a "narrative" that needs to be maintained.
Oops! NATO should have been dissolved more than 20 years ago. Europe should have been dissolved 400 years ago… :)
进行 ...

Reply #64
Probably Oakdale keeps to this information:

Quote from: Fact Check: Freedumb Fighters, http://www.snopes.com/ronald-reagan-taliban-photo/
A photograph purportedly showing Ronald Reagan meeting with the Taliban at the White House has been shared for many years, along with a quote about the group supposedly from the former President: "These Gentlemen are the moral equivalents of America's Founding Fathers."

This enduring meme is wrong on more than one account.... While the Reagan administration did help fund and equip the Mujahideen in Afghanistan (and rebel groups elsewhere) so that they could fight against the Soviet occupation, it is inaccurate to say that the former president met with the Taliban, as at that point they did not exist....
So, even though Operation Cyclone happened, it was not bad at all. At that time things looked good and therefore all is still well!

Reply #65
I read part of the Wiki article, Frenzie... But I'm quite sure that the Al Qaeda group was dissed by everyone! Go figure.
Bin Laden was not respected, by anyone. And the CIA never financed them... But, of course, there's a "narrative" that needs to be maintained.
You still haven't clarified what you're talking about. You've only thrown up more questions. What narrative by whom needs to be maintained? What is the narrative? The regular "narrative" is that Operation Cyclone likely contributed to the creation or at least the strength of Al Qaeda. I suppose some kind of Chomskyites might wish to entertain a delusion where Bin Laden was some kind of poetic justice, but I shouldn't think that hinges on such meaningless specifics.

Reply #66
Oakdale is the only American that loves decadence.
Like some of us Europeans he needs to balance between the dreams of a failed empire and the dissolute pleasure of ending in style.

Unfortunately, there's no place for him at the European Grand Hotel, there's no place for him at the Road 66 Motel.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #67
Like some of us Europeans he needs to balance between the dreams of a failed empire and the dissolute pleasure of ending in style.
Between your ennui and your realism, I can't decide what you actually mean. Of course, when you say "balance" I immediately think of equilibrating — to me, that means rope-walking. Do you think I can do that? :)
进行 ...

Reply #69
Between your ennui and your realism, I can't decide what you actually mean. Of course, when you say "balance" I immediately think of equilibrating -- to me, that means rope-walking. Do you think I can do that?  :)
No you can't. That's a good thing but it will assure you no place in civilization.
Civilization is all about rope-walking.

You had the dream about building a civilization far beyond the European's errors and, having all the time, all the power, all the military, all the money, you just made an anecdote.
Just an anecdote with the worst consequences the world has ever seen.

You'll never survive too much long than your brief two centuries.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #70
And such a waste of over 2 centuries!

Reply #71
You'll never survive too much long than your brief two centuries.
Me, personally — probably not…
And such a waste of over 2 centuries!
I know: If only we could have degenerated like the Scots and the Portuguese! :)
进行 ...

Reply #72
Judging by the millions in jail, wide variety of horrible executions, violent police, murders and violence, creating wars how could you miss the self degeneration??  ???

Reply #73
Judging by [what I see on my telly, and Russian Times — if it agrees with my prejudices…]
:) You gave up on your own country (…is it still one?) long ago, but you dare not vent your spleen at them: Unlike us geographically-challenged Yanks, they know where you live… :)
BTW: Orange is just Red, mixed with Yellow!
进行 ...

Reply #74
Now you make up things I have not said Oakdale?? However you have shown some practical progress in that you have managed to work out what red and yellow makes.  Now that is practical progress so well done.