Skip to main content
Topic: The Media (Read 4901 times)

The Media

The purpose of this thread is the examination of the peculiarities of the press, TV and the internet behaviors of the countries of the world. As an example, take the case of Oscar Pistorius who is being tried for the murder of Reeva Steenkamp. The case has received a good deal of international coverage.

I have a question. If Steenkamp looked like this woman, would the case be so widely covered?

Rather than this woman.

Re: The Media

Reply #2
The first woman is quite awesome, actually. She has this bizarre disease that makes her body unable to grow any fat.

Reply #3
Sadly, not a problem I have, says the portly American poster.  :(

Reply #5
Portly? Do what i did - get hiking boots.

As for television there was a time it had a bit more class than nowadays. It is too hoi-polloi for me mostly so thank goodness I have other interests.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #6
whereever there are fans .

there are haters too ..

haters gonna hate , if they are  not hate her ..

they must be hate something else.

is that somekind of insanity ?  :left:

Reply #7
The Media

In case you haven't noticed it yet, the "Media" is/are these days nazi propaganda.

New nazis aren't like the ones Americans come to Europe to fight and kidnap their scientists - thanks Von Braun, now we can go to the moon -  (or sell their refrigerators, according to some historians). They've evolved and learned a lot.

A matter of attitude.

Reply #8
I'd love to see you go to the moon, Ms Belfrager.

Reply #9
Dilbert got a new animator recently. Compare.

Before

After

Comments?

Actually, there has apparently been a period of looking after a new animator. Some strips meanwhile are pretty bad.

Update: Ah, it's apparently guest animators month or something.

Reply #10
Animator? :)
Trust ersi to choose exactly the wrong word!
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #11
Why would you think I chose the word? I am simply reporting an announcement that was written in English supposedly by some native speaker/writer. It's your language problem, not mine.

Reply #12
I thought the regular Dilbert comics were static images.

Reply #14
Only media I remotely trust is the BBC World service.

(A),(N),(C)BS all have their respective agendas, as does Fox. PBS isn't too bad.

I did always get a chuckle at the Daily Mail when I was in the UK.

Reply #15
Why would you think I chose the word? I am simply reporting an announcement that was written in English supposedly by some native speaker/writer. It's your language problem, not mine.
Perhaps because you cited no source and you didn't use any indication that you were quoting someone else…? :)
Is that how "the media" works in your part of the world?
进行 ...

Reply #16
So comic strips are that kind of media in your part of the world. Or perhaps this is an anonymous forum.

Reply #17
As usual, a non sequitur answer… :) ersi, your English is too good to let me believe you don't know what you're saying, through inadequate grasp of the language.
进行 ...

Reply #18
Are you two sure you're not long lost brothers? Y'all claim to be different but I swear it's like looking at exactly the same thing.

Reply #19
I have been fortunate over the years jimbro that all the ladies I have been out with have been somewhat attractive so maybe effects my chance of a full assessment.  8)

Reply #20
The purpose of this thread is the examination of the peculiarities of the press,
The press you refer to, just psichological terrorists serving finantial capitalism.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #22
No you jealous git.  8)