Skip to main content
Topic: Bug report: tiny font and home shortcut (Read 1335 times)

Bug report: tiny font and home shortcut

Three locations -- tab title text, the search text field in a new tab, and the URL -- use a tiny font compared to the one used in the file menu. They should all be the same size. I could live with the smaller font in the tabs, but the small font in the search text field is really difficult to use for someone with poor up-close vision.

The shortcut for home, whether via the little house icon or cntl-space, has extra behavior in that it opens a new tab. It should simply make the current tab go to the home page as it does in Firefox and IE.

This is on Windows 7 64-bit, with the default font size set to medium. I'd be happy if the above were configurable instead of being hard-coded, because I understand that some people may prefer things the other way.

All that said, I love Otter. It's not Chinese-owned, it doesn't use Chromium code, there is a single checkbox to disable JavaScript, and it's highly configurable.

Re: Bug report: tiny font and home shortcut

Reply #1
@pccobbler, you probably ended up with too small toolbar height, some screenshot could help to determine exact issue.
About home shortcut, by default it follows rule for reusing current tab, it is possible to change it without toggling that option but it requires editing of keyboard profile file by hand (we really need some article on that topic...).
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #2
Emdek, he is right. I have a min. tabbar height 30, max. 40, but still the font size is tiny.

Reply #3
@Pref, could you please show some screenshot illustrating that issue?
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.