Skip to main content
Topic: (Pre) RC 3 release (01.12.2017)  (Read 7280 times)

(Pre) RC 3 release (01.12.2017)

• added Page Information panel;
  • added support for external icons for User Scripts;
  • some minor fixes and optimizations.

Please note, we haven't entered feature freeze phase yet, so 1.0 will see some stuff, not just fixes and updates.
Next stop, RC 4, later this month.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Re: (Pre) RC 3 release (01.12.2017)

Reply #2
The Page Information panel is awesome!  :yes:
There is hope to have "Links" panel as in Opera12 in near future?

BTW, Many thanks for this other great release!

Reply #3
Congrats for the release!

Meanwhile, Vivaldi managed to re-create drag and drop in Windows panel like Opera used to have. Hopefully this will also make it to Otter version 1.

Reply #4
Yes, the Page Information Panel is really informative! Also, probably due to the new QT, some pages which previously presented problems, function very nice now - example: http://www.arte.tv/guide/de

I have though a page of a kind that is more important to me, but brings Otter to crash. This is not new and I can of course live with that, but maybe someone finds time once to check what is going on: http://hdyc.neis-one.org/?Borut%40OSM

Reply #5
I have though a page of a kind that is more important to me, but brings Otter to crash. This is not new and I can of course live with that, but maybe someone finds time once to check what is going on: http://hdyc.neis-one.org/?Borut%40OSM
It find it disturbing that something as complex as streetmaps loads like such a breeze compared to what's basically just a few kB in text like Facebook or Twitter. But I can't seem to reproduce a crash with either old or new QtWebKit. Is there anything specific that you do? I sure hope it's not some odd Windows issue; in a way those are the worst. :(

Reply #6
@Frenzie
I have now tried without my profile (am using a portable mode). In that case I get the beginning of that page (but by far not the whole one, i.e. without graphs....) and Otter does not crash. (I have no idea which setting makes a difference.) If I then click on the login-area, then just another empty tab opens, but not the login page.

So you really got to see the whole page (containing the overview of my OSM work, with graphs, tables,...)?! I was/am not able to make it under Otter/Win7 (but am having no problems with K-Meleon to see the whole thing and get the proper login page, if I click on the login area). I am not aware of any special setting. Maybe it really is something special with the Otter/Win combination and some of my settings.

Could perhaps someone under Win try the above mentioned page, just to try to confirm that it is not only me?

Can I do something to debug this? (Sorry for prolonging this topic under this thread.)

Reply #7
So you really got to see the whole page (containing the overview of my OSM work, with graphs, tables,...)?!
If you mean those silly ones with amount of changes per hour and such (four of 'em), yes. On old QtWebKit it seems to say "111 mapping days with NaN changeset in the last year" at the top instead of "111 mapping days with 224 changesets in the last year" though.

Edit: actually you seem to have changes from all hours of the day? :lol:

Reply #9
Could perhaps someone under Win try the above mentioned page, just to try to confirm that it is not only me?
Confirmed, OtterBrowser 32bit portable (on win10).
I've tried to load it on test-qtwebkit.exe, and it crash on this too.

Reply #11
Hi!
I am new to otter-browser, but I really, really love it! It's by far the best (old < 12.16?) Opera replacement!
I now use Otter-browser on my new System, but it would be great to have a binary package for my old 32 bit System.
Would it be possible to relase binary packages for 32 bit Linux systems, too?
That would be really great!
Thanks a lot, for your great work!

Reply #12
@Freeman, which build? Default or custom User Agent?

@larry, 32 bit Linux is getting deprecated nowadays, with current available manpower we cannot provide such builds, but if you are using Ubuntu or compatible system then you can use PPA, BUT it has one big drawback, legacy QtWebKit...

Reply #13
@Emdek: Thanks a lot for the PPA Info. You're right, it's an old computer... so i just ordered a new machine! :)

Reply #14
@larry, hopefully not Intel CPU (it was disclosed that even their decade old CPUs have security issues, fixing it causes performance penalty, very high in some workloads... desktop applications are less affected). ;-)

Reply #15
When you close the bookmarks it leaves (Untitled) Blank Page, no must be Start Page.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #16
@ovas, sounds like issue that was fixed after release.
Note that Home page setting is unrelated to new tab.