Skip to main content
Topic: Passwords again (Read 1763 times)

Passwords again

Hello

I'm enjoying Otter for the most part and currently using RC2 on Fedora Linux. The password manager saves passwords fine, but how does one retrieve them? When I open the page with the password field, it doesn't get filled in automatically, nor does the context menu (or any menu) offer any way to insert it.

What am I missing?
Cogitor, ergo sum. -- Franz von Baadke

Re: Passwords again

Reply #1
@cantanima, you need to use "Log in" action (Ctrl + Enter by default).
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #2
@Emdek, this does not appear to work on version 0.9.92 RC 2. I am running the AppImage on Linux.

In addition, I just noticed that when I open the preferences to change keyboard actions (for example) there seems to be a font problem: I see a list of many keyboard actions (there is a scroll bar) and I can even filter them but the text does not display. See attached images.

Reply #3
@cantanima, which style is that?
I can't reproduce it using AppImage and Fusion style (they get completely hidden).
Also no issues with that action here, perhaps you are using some older keyboard profile and you may need to add this shortcut manually.

Reply #4
which style is that?
That was "System style," but it doesn't matter which style; I checked them all. FWIW I'm running this on KDE, Fedora 25, QT 5.10.0. Do you think I should rename the settings/config directory and try running it from scratch to see what happens?

Re: Passwords again (SOLVED)

Reply #5
I'm not sure what did it, but I recently updated to Otter Browser RC 4, removed my old .config/otter directory, and things now work great: I can both insert passwords and see the keyboard configuration again. I consider it solved.

Reply #6
@cantanima, yeah, that would be weird, AFAIR both use exactly the same libraries (AppImage) and settings shouldn't affect it (except of style).
Plus nothing really changed in Preferences dialog except of aligning widgets on some pages.