Skip to main content
Topic: Reusing tab only sometimes? Deleting local storage?  (Read 1096 times)

Reusing tab only sometimes? Deleting local storage?

Question 1:

I have "Open new windows in tabs instead" checked and "Reuse current tab" NOT checked. This is good when some word(s) in a page are selected and one makes a search with a right click - the page with the search results opens in a new tab, which is what I want. However, when I am on some page and click "Go to Home Page" icon, I would prefer to reuse the currently active tab for my home page, instead of opening the home page in a new tab. (I am aware that many people would probably not like it that way.) Is this maybe still possible to achieve somehow?

Question 2:

Is there any option that would make the content of the folder .\cache\localStorage\ be deleted at the end of a session? I have "Clear history when application closes" and all its detail settings checked.

Thanks!

Re: Reusing tab only sometimes? Deleting local storage?

Reply #1
Is this maybe still possible to achieve somehow?
I'm planning to introduce open hints parameter for all actions that open URLs, then you would have to modify toolbars definition to add them.

Is there any option that would make the content of the folder .\cache\localStorage\ be deleted at the end of a session? I have "Clear history when application closes" and all its detail settings checked.
The only reason why it's not implemented yet is that these can be only completely cleared, which doesn't play well with alternate use of that dialog (History -> Clear History…).
I'll check what can be done about that.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #2
@Borut, and done, with current master you can set open hints for that action, you need to modify toolBars.json in your profile directory (you can find path in Help -> Diagnostic Report) and replace "GoToHomePageAction" by:
Code: [Select]
			{
"identifier": "GoToHomePageAction",
"parameters": {
"hints": ["CurrentTab"]
}
},
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #3
@Borut, and done, with current master you can set open hints for that action, you need to modify toolBars.json in your profile directory (you can find path in Help -> Diagnostic Report) and replace "GoToHomePageAction" by: [...]
Works great - have tried it now with W192 under Win7. Many thanks!