Skip to main content
Topic: Today's FEAT of yours :honor:  (Read 6447 times)

Today's FEAT of yours :honor:

Just now I've stitched a hole in my sock.  What Deed Of Honor did YOU do today!  :knight:  8)

Re: Today's FEAT of yours :honor:

Reply #1
Reapplied the gauze in my room's window casement. Not so much of a feat, though I piled out some garbage stacks on my way through:)

Reply #3
Sandpapering some door frames in preparation for selling Oslo apartment.

Reply #4
Made gcc work again on NetBSD/mips64

Reply #5
Killed a ton of ants in the garage.  :ninja: Does that count?

Reply #7

Murderer!

Easy now! You'd do the same if they were all over the place. I can't help they are attracted to my death serum.  :right: Pest extinguisher is a more suitable term.

Reply #8
I saved a pedestrian's life. He lurched blindly onto the road, intent on his phone, and I managed to miss him.
He doesn't know.

Reply #9

I saved a pedestrian's life. He lurched blindly onto the road, intent on his phone, and I managed to miss him.
He doesn't know.

Natural selection doesn't work anymore thanks to people like you :irked:

Reply #11
Not today's "feat" as such, but my scriptie is nearing completion. :yes:

(It'll take a few more days of hard work to actually complete it, though.)

Reply #12
Still on the grind stone, air is like Beijing midwinter.

Reply #13
Stitched another sock. It's boring, but I hate losing things and buying new instead just because of a hole - which things occur quite regularly, especially in hot seasons. (I guess I'd better get accustomed to having this "feat" as a habit.)

Reply #14
Helped a little old lady across the street.
It wasn't easy.
She didn't want to go.

Reply #15
I explained to some kid that there was no such thing as the tooth fairy. I haven't any children, but I know that it isn't good for a six-year-old to believe something so preposterous.

Reply #16
Today I threw out a fifteen-year-old box of floppies with back-up files on them.

Reply #17
Reminds me, those two 8 inch floppy disks (those that actually flopped) with WordStar files from an Altos 8000 running CP/M are celebrating their 30th birthday. I guess I'll never know what's on them. Their memories have likely faded just as mine; I had long forgotten the OS, the machine, and the word processor they were used with, but through the wonders of prosthetic memory it all came back to me. Thank you WikiGoogle, even though it was all for nought.

Reply #18
Oh the brilliant, cutting-edge, innovative things we did with those 2-floppy machines with their incompatible file formats and operating systems.
At the time, I said, more than once and far too loudly, that there was no reason the world's business couldn't be done on eight-bit machines.
I was wrong about a lot of other things, too.