Skip to main content
Topic: Everything Trump… (Read 53911 times)

Re: Everything Trump…

Reply #350
You are a hyper-partisan QAnon Trumpite of the alt-facts gang. Is this specific enough? Need more details?
Yeah. One example or two...
The examples are all over the place, both in this and the other threads. And now you provided one more:

...like the four Colorado Supreme Court Justices recently: We know he's guilty, so we treat him so! (Might work in other countries; it's not supposed to in the U.S.)
Actually, in both USA and in every other country it is precisely the job of judges to judge who is guilty or not. But not for you when it comes to Trump (this is a hypocrisy, I should point out lest it is somehow unclear to you).

Reply #351
Actually, in both USA and in every other country it is precisely the job of judges to judge who is guilty or not.
Actually, in the USA, the suspect needs to be indicted by a Grand Jury for a specific offense and prosecuted before a judge and jury of his peers, with his full rights as a citizen in play... For the most part, a trial judge here sits mainly to preside over the adversarial trial and see to it that the niceties of the law are followed by both the prosecution and the defense. (It's an Anglo-Saxon thing.)
The jury determines matters of fact, and guilt or innocence.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #352
Actually, [...] The jury determines matters of fact, and guilt or innocence.
So you have not noticed the court cases, including involving Trump, where there is no jury because it is not required, and you do not know that Supreme Courts (both of the states and federal) do not do jurys in the cases they pick up for their own judgement?

Why do I always know everything better about your country than you do? You are both a hypocrite and a doofus, and very persistent in both.

Reply #353
you do not know that Supreme Courts (both of the states and federal) do not do jurys in the cases they pick up for their own judgement?
In the Federal Supreme Court, Article III of the Constitution stipulates which cases are the purview of the court. Can you show an exception for any State Supreme Court? Are you familiar with the phrase "of first impression"? The Supreme Court of the U.S. is an appellant's court...

A case in point: Jack Smith wanted SCOTUS to expedite hearing his contention that Trump should be constrained from appealing (thru the regular means) his jeopardy in the Insurrection charges filed...
SCOTUS said NO! He's an American citizen; his legal rights can't be abrogated.

Jack should go back to the Hague... :) (He's had quite a bit of bad luck with SCOTUS over the years.)
进行 ...

Reply #354
you do not know that Supreme Courts (both of the states and federal) do not do jurys in the cases they pick up for their own judgement?
In the Federal Supreme Court, Article III of the Constitution stipulates which cases are the purview of the court. Can you show an exception for any State Supreme Court?
Since you think you know better, lay out the argument to demonstrate that Colorado Supreme Court did anything they should not have done. The fact is that Supreme Courts decide, whatever it is they decide, without jury. And they decide constitutional matters, which is what Section 3 of Amendment XIV is.

Reply #355
State Supreme Courts do not decide U.S. Constitutional matters... And the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution makes state courts, including their Supreme Courts, subservient to SCOTUS — which presides over federal law, and ultimately the Constitution.
Only by amending the Constitution can Congress over-rule SCOTUS. (Of course, Presidents like Obama and Biden can thumb their noses... But there are consequences! :) )

For you, ersi, I'll spell it out in short sentences:

The U.S. Constitution lists the qualifications for the office of the Presidency. (You can look it up...)
While the 14th Amendment's Section Three prohibits "insurrectionists" from office, the required act of congress to effect this prohibition was made and needs be followed.
The effecting statute has not been followed. (I.e., no lawful prosecution has taken place...)
Hence, no determination of guilt has been reached — by law. And -obviously- no punishment that deprives a citizen of his rights can be applied.
Q.E.D.

BTW: Clarance Thomas remains my "favorite" Supreme Court Justice!

Dear ersi, when will you learn "An ounce of perception is worth a pound of presumption"? :)
进行 ...

Reply #356
State Supreme Courts do not decide U.S. Constitutional matters...
Obviously they need to follow the U.S. constitution, right?

While the 14th Amendment's Section Three prohibits "insurrectionists" from office, the required act of congress to effect this prohibition was made and needs be followed.
The effecting statute has not been followed. (I.e., no lawful prosecution has taken place...)
Hence, no determination of guilt has been reached — by law. And -obviously- no punishment that deprives a citizen of his rights can be applied.
Q.E.D.
How about all those other state Supreme Courts who have rulings on the very same point - whether Trump qualifies or not under Section 3 of Amendment XIV of U.S. Constitution - in Arizona, Minnesota and Michigan? Nothing to say against them, because they decided the other way? That's a hypocrite again...

You are not just full of bunkum, but full of utter, total and complete bunkum, easily debunked. State Supreme Courts are serially issuing rulings on the matter. They are judges judging without jury. They do not care about your alternative universe where you think you are the supreme legal expert.

Edit: Here's some actual legal expertise:
Congress should take action to enforce Section Three against anyone engaged in the January 6th insurrection. There is currently no federal statutory authority to enforce Section Three, and if this deficiency is not addressed many problems will follow. First, some states may simply choose to ignore Section Three or do minimal enforcement. Second, having each state enforce Section Three in its own way will result in a haphazard system especially ill-suited to resolving a question of presidential ineligibility. Third, if former President Trump runs again, his eligibility must be determined promptly--before any elections take place--otherwise the Republican nominating contest will be thrown in chaos. But the ability of the ex-President or his opponents to engage in litigation gamesmanship during a primary process where each state is acting independently could easily thwart a prompt resolution by the Supreme Court. And it would be particularly unfortunate if the Court were called upon to resolve the issue in an emergency application for a stay on the eve of a primary where due deliberation on the arguments could not occur.
So there, to reiterate, "There is currently no federal statutory authority to enforce Section Three," so everybody just does what they think they should or can. The article continues:

Congress can resolve many of these issues by using its enforcement authority under Section Five of the Fourteenth Amendment to create a rational and fair process for Section Three claims.
This is a noble hope, but also vain one. The current Congress has just one thing on its mind: Partisan bickering. No law, no order, no principle, no morals, nothing matters. Just senseless partisan bickering.

Reply #357
How about all those other state Supreme Courts who have rulings on the very same point - whether Trump qualifies or not under Section 3 of Amendment XIV of U.S. Constitution - in Arizona, Minnesota and Michigan?
They've yet to be decided... Hence, a SCOTUS decision against the Colorado Supreme Court would be timely, and moot the others.

But — What fun when Biden is disqualified on (technically spurious federal) grounds! (Pennsylvania, Texas, Florida...)

As I cautioned: "An ounce of perception is worth a pound of presumption"
进行 ...

Reply #358
But — What fun when Biden is disqualified on (technically spurious federal) grounds! (Pennsylvania, Texas, Florida...)

As I cautioned: "An ounce of perception is worth a pound of presumption"
Different from you, I have no partisan bone to pick on this issue. Let Biden go to jail, I don't care. If Biden goes to jail, but not Trump, it proves what I already know: USA is not a country of law or order or any valuable principle worth emulating. I know this because Trump is not in jail. He objectively deserved to decades ago (when he was still Democrat by the way :D ), but instead he was rewarded with presidency.

Whereas you have nothing but partisan bone to pick. It's particularly hilarious since nobode else has.

Reply #359
what I already know: USA is not a country of law or order or any valuable principle worth emulating.
And there it is, back to your comfortable position! :)

Won't you start a thread about Estonian politics, etc. ? That might be fun! (You surely don't fear the Gulag, do you? :) )
进行 ...

Reply #360
A Trump fan made a video "God made Trump". Trump shared it.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/111703421569603715

On some next rally, it will not be enough for Trump to declare himself a dictator. He will declare himself god.

Will that be too much for you, Oakdale? Dictator is fine by you, so why not god?

Reply #361
Trump Encourages Putin to Attack NATO Members

[Trump said in a campaign speech:] One of the presidents of a big country stood up and said, “Well, sir, if we don't pay and we’re attacked by Russia, will you protect us?” I said, “You didn’t pay, you’re delinquent?” He said, “Yes, let’s say that happened.” “No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You gotta pay. You gotta pay your bills.”
Of course, this is not about paying bills. It's about defuncting Nato altogether.

Those who don't pay bills are far away from Russia, so Russia is no threat to them. Russia is a threat to those Nato members who always paid the bills. What Trump is actually saying here is that Putin is free to attack without any repercussions. All incursions by Putin have been net positives anyway for Putin, but Trump promises better than that.

I did not notice Putin mentioning Trump in his exchange with Tucker, but apparently Trump got this message out of it.

Reply #362
He was persuaded to leave NATO alone the first time. It probably won't work the second time.

A Russia with the US president in their pocket is, to put it mildly, a dangerous place. It dramatically increases the risk that Kremlin will do something irreversible.

This could easily become the most disastrous election since 1933.

Reply #363
Of course, another fundamental issue is that "pay bills" is not how Nato membership works. The fact that Trump thinks that USA functions in Nato like the mafia don who collects tribute is yet another disqualification of his. Naturally, he cannot think any other way, because mafia don is his mode of operation, for which he should have been locked up in late 80's already, or in late 00's at the latest.

Instead Trump was rewarded with the presidency and this only made him think of himself as an untouchable mafia don. Probably the elites reasoned along the lines, "We are all corrupt, so let's have the most brazenly corruptest of us have the most visible post, so the rest of us will look less corrupt." Hopefully they have realised their mistake now and want to take the country out of the third world dump failed state status. I still entertain some hope that Trump will be taken off the ballot as justice and law and order and due process required a long time ago.