Skip to main content
Topic: Everything Trump… (Read 53323 times)

Re: Everything Trump…

Reply #325
Perhaps, but I think Don Jr is more likely.  People are already talking about Trump 2024, but to me, there's no saying that Biden or Trump will even be alive in 2024. Talking natural causes of course.
Chances of being alive are decent enough. Chances of wanting to, on the other hand…

Reply #326
Trump about to launch a competitor to Twitter and fake news:

It will be months before the new venture publicly releases its first product, a social-media platform called Truth Social. And there are already technical issues. On Thursday, the Truth Social page was hacked to make it appear that Trump shared a photo of a defecating pig.

It’s also unclear how Trump plans to build a social-media platform on the scale of Twitter over the next few months, let alone a streaming service, which is the next phase of Trump Media’s plans, according to the press release announcing the company. That statement was light on numbers even by SPAC standards.

“We have no financials. We have no business plan. We don’t know how they got to the valuation. We have no information,” said Kristi Marvin, chief executive of research firm SPAC Insider. “That’s the fundamental problem.”

[...]

[Trump's media] enterprise is being valued by the market at about $8.2 billion, compared with Twitter Inc.’s almost $50 billion equity valuation.

[...]

When Trump first ran for president, he claimed to have a fortune of $10 billion. Now the retail trading frenzy may bring him somewhat closer to getting there.
Stock market is made of only hot air. Unfortunately, air makes weather.

I predict this plan will be as successful as Trump's earlier "media platform" that turned out to be simply his own microblog. With far more money involved, the new one will be a much more spectacular failure.

Reply #328
I predict this plan will be as successful as Trump's earlier "media platform" that turned out to be simply his own microblog. With far more money involved, the new one will be a much more spectacular failure.
No One Is Using Truth Social, So Digital World Acquisition Is Plummeting

In other news, Trump has (all but) announced his third coming for 2024. However, only Trump's personal Newsmax is following up on it.

Even though Trump has said things like "I ran twice and we won twice and we did better the second time. We did much better the second time. We may have to do it a third time. We are going to take back the White House in 2024!" and listed things that appear like an election platform, the candidacy is not considered official. On the one hand, Trump needs to run to be safe from the lawsuits that are plaguing him. On the other, if he begins too soon, he'd have to declare his finances accordingly, something that he is not good at, which is part of what has got him into legal trouble.

Anyway, his influence is fading. He cannot sustain the momentum anymore. Republican Party says they will not do presidential debates anymore. The party now only exists because Democrats allow it. There needs to be at least some seeming opposition. In themselves, Republicans have lost all purpose.

Reply #329
Republican Party says they will not do presidential debates anymore. The party now only exists because Democrats allow it. There needs to be at least some seeming opposition. In themselves, Republicans have lost all purpose.
Americans — bossy, querulous, ubiquitous — have for the last two years been almost entirely absent. Foreign countries suddenly feel more foreign. Long before the invasion of Ukraine, the era in which we exuberantly measured our civilization’s advance by tallying new McDonald’s had come to an end.
While I usually make little of your anti-Americanism, ersi, and accept the plain fact that TDS is de rigueur among the chic the world round, you've missed something (...perhaps in translation?):
The Republicans have not opted out of presidential debates! They've simply decided not to play the part of Christians in the Colosseum! They're quite willing to debate.
Proper moderation and sensible rules for such events must, if they're going to participate, be agreed upon, first...

Of course, you probably find that unconscionable, and likely cowardly behavior.[1] [2]

I'm as interested in Truth Social as I've ever been of Twitter... (And I presume GETTRl is similar.) I'm "enrolled", but I never go there -on my own impulse.
But -yes, indeed- the name "Truth Social" is a poor choice.[3]
Donald J. Trump is a bombastic mogul-turned-entertainer-turned-politician! (It probably isn't entirely his fault, that he somehow imbibed middle-of-the-road conservative sensibilities...) I've heard your effulgent rhetoric poo-pooing his accomplishments (such effluvia!)  — especially as President! ...I'm nowhere near as impressed by it as you yourself are...
But you said
Anyway, his influence is fading. He cannot sustain the momentum anymore.
Hey, Nostra-damn-US! Don't you remember what happened in November 2016? :)
It would be foolhardy for his opponents to underestimate his prowess and his commitment to the process and its prospects.
Members of his -ostensibly own- Party cannot ignore him, be they seasoned pols or newcomers or hopeful neophytes:
At his age, Trump is -it must be admitted- still a force of Nature! Where and how he imbibed his brand of middle-of-the-road Republicanism, I don't know. (I was surprised at what I viewed as his accomplishments, dejected over some of his failures, and dismayed to see the outrageous opposition to anything Trump! TDS (in case you've forgot) stands for Trump Derangement Syndrome... It'll likely be in the next edition of the DSM. :)
And others in the political sphere will be -like it or not- adjudged Republican insofar as they accept his role. They will be defined by their relation to him and appreciated for their expressions of fealty (or of enmity) to him.

What's that old expression? Trump is living rent-free in their heads!

I, myself, demure... But you're too much (of whatever it is you are) a creature of prejudice, yours and others'.

How do the foreigners like the absence of Americans? Other things being equal, they probably like it quite a bit. Hordes of visitors tend to disrupt settled arrangements. But if you come from a country like Antigua or Aruba, in which upwards of 80 percent of the workforce are employed in tourism, the past couple of years have been calamitous. There are even some “real” countries in which around a fifth of the people make their living off some kind of tourism — like Greece, Portugal, New Zealand and Thailand. When you speak more generally about “travel” — just moving people around — that accounts for about a tenth of the world economy. The United States and Britain are more or less normal in this regard, at around 9 percent.

How does it feel to be an American tourist in such a tourist-free world? That is a more paradoxical subject.

(same article as above)

Yes, the Republican Party stands at a crossroad: Will it remain true to its founding principles? Or will it go along — to get along?
I too wonder...
Which is why so many of your responses devolve into mere name-calling... I myself like a well-put pejorative and I do still appreciate the hoary fine art of invective!
But, sans substantive comment it's not just tiring; it's a waste of time.
And you likely think of yourself as one of the Lions! :)
If your site's name makes a political point, it promotes the perception of an enforced bias, no?
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #330
Of course, you probably find that unconscionable, and likely cowardly behavior.
No, not cowardly. They are brazenly self-defeating - and proud of it! They keep casting their failures as if victories.

The RNC's decision follows grievances aired by former President Donald Trump and other Republicans about the timing of debates, debate formats and the selection of moderators.
In the absence of any improvement suggestions, aren't they meaningless objections? Obviously, timing, debate formats and the selection of moderators have been agreed all along. What's the problem now? That the rules are equal? The only problem is the unwillingness to debate.

As to Trump specifically, why would anyone trust the cheat, liar, and twice-impeached failure? Are scandals a good thing for the political culture in general and to the Republican party in particular?

Which is why so many of your responses devolve into mere name-calling... I myself like a well-put pejorative and I do still appreciate the hoary fine art of invective! But, sans substantive comment it's not just tiring; it's a waste of time.
Which of my response is a mere name-calling? That slavery continued at least a hundred years after civil war? That Trump is a treasonous nepotist dictator-worshipping compulsive liar? These are plain facts. Fact is quite good substance in any discussion - except with you.

If Republicans are to survive, they'd better find a non-Trumpite next time and do the debates as usual. Of course, even if they embarrass themselves as badly next time as they did last time, Democrats will continue to keep them on lifeline as the main nominal opposition, so voters have the illusion that they have options and freedom of choice among the candidates. Democrats enjoy a moronic and weak enemy rather than a smart and strong enemy.

Reply #331
That slavery continued at least a hundred years after civil war? That Trump is a treasonous nepotist dictator-worshipping compulsive liar? These are plain facts.
Never the bridesmaid, always the stripper at the bachelor party the night before! :) What an interesting world you live in...
进行 ...

Reply #332
Do you notice how you post zero substance, just name-calling? You are a perfect embodiment of projection. I quite understand that, being bone-headedly partisan, you are simply following the example of the Republican party, e.g. Republican party says "Democrats steal elections" when in reality Republicans steal elections, "Democrats are totalitarian Communists" when in reality Republicans just had the most totalitarian president ever, etc.

Similarly, you just whined that my responses devolve to name-calling without a substantive comment, but in fact it is you doing it, posting an insult with no relation to the topic. Sheer projection.

Just saying. I do not expect you to learn from this. You consistently fail to spot substance. You do not know what substance is. You only know the word and you think that saying it means you know what it is, but no, you don't. Have you clarified to yourself meanwhile what news are?

Reply #333
you just whined that my responses devolve to name-calling without a substantive comment, but in fact it is you doing it, posting an insult with no relation to the topic. Sheer projection.
:) I sometime think ersi is Eliza's evil twin :(
进行 ...

Reply #334
I also think that a Trump will run, but it is going to be a very short run, either utterly embarrassing or utterly forgettable. He won't get half as far as Larry Elder, not even a quarter.
He kept teasing it all the time, practically announced his run very soon on his rallies, and now it is official in the worst possible way. He has not been reinstated. He has lost all the election lawsuits (and also lost the relevant legal team). He has been hit with additional lawsuits regarding his theft of presidential documents (not lost that one yet, but already lost his relevant legal team) and his finances in New York. In midterm elections, when normally the counter-president party does very well, Republicans did very lukewarmly and all important Trump endorsements failed.

And now he has announced his official candidacy. Did anyone notice? According to my prediction, there's nothing to see here.

Reply #335
The final report appeared just in time as a Christmas present for Trump https://january6th.house.gov/sites/democrats.january6th.house.gov/files/Report_FinalReport_Jan6SelectCommittee.pdf

Results are as follows.

Trump (and others) referred to "possible prosecution":
Quote from: p. 690
The Select Committee has referred Donald Trump and others for possible prosecution under 18 U.S.C. 2383, including for assisting and providing aid and comfort to an insurrection.

Law amendments to reaffirm that Vice President is not the maker of next President:
Quote from: p.689
To deter other future attempts to overturn Presidential Elections, the House of Representatives has passed H.R. 8873, “The Presidential Election Reform Act,” and the Senate should act promptly to send a bill with these principles to the President. H.R. 8873 reaffirms that a Vice President has no authority or discretion to reject an official electoral slate submitted by the Governor of a state.

Consider a purge in federal/congressional offices (specifically among those who failed to vote correctly during impeachment?):
Quote from: p. 690
The Committee believes that those who took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and then, on January 6th, engaged in insurrection can appropriately be disqualified and barred from holding government office—whether federal or state, civilian or military—absent at least two-thirds of Congress acting to remove the disability pursuant to Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment.

And amend some more laws for the future, if prosecution is difficult or penalties ineffective:
Quote from: p. 691
As indicated in the Report, the Committee believes that 18 U.S.C. § 1512(c)2 and other existing provisions of law can be applied to efforts to obstruct, influence, or impede the joint session on January 6th, including to related planning efforts to overturn the lawful election results on that date. To the extent that any court or any other prosecutorial authorities ultimately reach any differing conclusion, Congress should amend those statutes to cover such conduct. Congress should also consider whether the severity of penalties under those statutes is sufficient to deter unlawful conduct threatening the peaceful transfer of power.

Don't they look too much to prevent similar events in the future by overhauling legal acts and regulations with amendments and reforms? If amendments and reforms are needed, then current laws may not be enough. And if current laws are not enough, then criminal referrals and calls for prosecution may end up empty, because amendments and reforms will not have retroactive effect.

Of course, if laws and procedures worked, Trump would have been locked up already. It's very long overdue. The leader of Oath Keepers was found guilty of seditious conspiracy, of disrupting a peaceful transfer of power, so why the delay with Trump?

As Trump says, "Witch hunt!" At least Trump's re-run for president is definitely over now - it was already for other reasons.

Reply #336
Occasionally I must admit I was wrong. I thought Jan 6 would never materialise as a legal process against Trump, because it would imply that the president has accountability. The cornerstone of the American political system is that the president is unaccountable. However, against all odds it just happened, Trump is indicted with Jan 6.

There are now three important indictments against Trump:
1. Indictment I: The Hush Money
2. Indictment II: The Documents
3. Indictment III: Conspiracy to overturn the election results

Each one of these should separately be able to take Trump off the race. A normal presidential candidate would already be off the race by mere rumour of such allegations. I still think that Trump will not make it to nomination and someone will carry him off legs first if he gets too close to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk_a_OFXLgY

Reply #337
Trump has no legal defence. He keeps threatening the prosecutor, the judge, and witnesses. Trump's plan is to incite another insurrection.

The establishment may be afraid of making Trump a martyr, but I would suggest not to chicken out. When Trump has rallied his supporters to protests lately, hardly anybody has shown up. His paramilitary organisations, Oath Keepers and Proud Boys, are headless now. Trump's lawyers and associates support him only in word, not in deed. Or the little deeds they do fail.

The deeds Trump requires are counterproductive to due process, so anybody with a bias towards due process resists those deeds. It's lawyer's job to control the client, not the other way, but with Trump and his lawyers it is the other way.

So, lock him up. Nothing bad will happen. Nobody will defend him. Everybody will be relieved. Edit: Those who promised to pardon him won't, or I should say none of them gets the chance. Trump may pardon himself in prison but it would go unrecognised.

Tell Trump that he breached the protective order and therefore he must now be locked up until trial. The way I see it, there was no point to the protective order in the first place. From Trump's character it was already a given that he would escalate and breach it. Now he did. It is correct to react accordingly. Otherwise due process is out of the window, as it has been thus far, Trump being pampered as a priviliged spoiled kid, which only spoils him further.

Reply #338
Tell Trump that he breached the protective order and therefore he must now be locked up until trial.
It so happens that there's Amendment XIV Section 3 that says that an insurrectionist is ineligible to state office.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.
(It mentions senator, representative, elector and vice president, but not president. However, it also mentions anyone who has previously taken an oath, so there's no reason why this should not apply to the president.)

And here's an article that lays out some points how it might work, with references to case law.
The first question under Section 3 is who decides whether someone is ineligible. The answer is that a court must determine if someone outside of Congress is subject to the disability.

[...]

Second, there is the question of whether Section 3 is self-enforcing. The answer is probably not. [...] Congress enacted Section 3 enforcement legislation in 1870 that authorized the Department of Justice to bring quo warranto actions—a common-law writ asking, “by what warrant” does someone lawfully hold office—to oust from office some ineligible officials. But Congress repealed this statute in the 1940s as part of a broad cleanup of “obsolete” provisions. If Chase was right, then Congress would be well advised to enact new Section 3 enforcement legislation.

[...]

Third, a presidential pardon cannot cure Section 3 ineligibility.

[...]

The harder question is what constitutes an “insurrection,” a point on which I have thus far been unable to find any particularly helpful authority. [...] Almost immediately after the riot, members of Congress on both sides of the aisle described the violence as an insurrection. Why was that? The most logical answer is that the violence was intended to disrupt a constitutionally mandated process—the 12th Amendment’s electoral vote count—for the formal recognition of the presidential election results. In other words, this was not just a violent attack upon Congress, as bad as that would be. The mob was seeking to halt or overturn a core constitutional function at the seat of government, which can reasonably be described as an attempt to replace law with force. The criminal charges subsequently brought against the people who entered the Capitol also indicate that some of them intended to inflict bodily harm on members of Congress, which can be reasonably understood as a direct attack on the legislative branch itself and, more generally, the existing government. Notably, federal prosecutors described the riot as a “violent insurrection” in at least one recent court filing.

What’s more, the article of impeachment adopted against President Trump by the House of Representatives expressly describes what occurred as an insurrection and cites Section 3. In a Section 3 case, courts will probably defer to this conclusion, especially since the members of Congress were direct witnesses to the event. An acquittal of Trump in the impeachment trial may undercut that deference somewhat, but not fully.
So it's possible to disqualify him as an insurrectionist. But seriously, he should be behind locks already for his tax scam.

Reply #339
Now Trump received an indictment from Georgia also. The determination is there to take him off the race. The sad thing is how long it is taking and how none of it has prevented him from running for president thus far. An average citizen with Trump's kind of record would be locked up already and definitely would not have been allowed to get mobilised for another coup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPnT9WMaf6U

Btw, fact #5 is why Trump should not have become the president in the first place. He was a walking definition of ineligible.

Reply #341
(It mentions senator, representative, elector and vice president, but not president. However, it also mentions anyone who has previously taken an oath, so there's no reason why this should not apply to the president.)
But it seems that people who think that the president is included there in Section 3 of 14th Amendment don't take on the case. The judges who take on the case are in line with the self-preservation instinct of the establishment. The principle is that laws don't apply to the establishment.

With his actions before and during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, Judge Sarah B. Wallace ruled, Mr. Trump engaged in insurrection against the Constitution, an offense that Section 3 of the 14th Amendment — which was ratified in 1868 to keep former Confederates out of the government — deems disqualifying for people who previously took an oath to support the Constitution.

But Judge Wallace, a state district court judge in Denver, concluded that Section 3 did not include the presidential oath in that category.

The clause does not explicitly name the presidency, so that question hinged on whether the president was included in the
category “officer of the United States.”

Because of “the absence of the president from the list of positions to which the amendment applies combined with the fact that Section 3 specifies that the disqualifying oath is one to ‘support’ the Constitution whereas the presidential oath is to ‘preserve, protect and defend’ the Constitution,” Judge Wallace wrote, “it appears to the court that for whatever reason the drafters of Section 3 did not intend to include a person who had only taken the presidential oath.”

[...]

Judge Wallace is the first judge to rule on the merits of whether Section 3 applies to Mr. Trump. Similar lawsuits in Minnesota and New Hampshire have been dismissed on procedural grounds, and a judge in Michigan recently ruled that the questions were political ones that courts did not have the authority to decide.

Reply #342
The decision is quite hefty and can be found here: https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/02nd_Judicial_District/Denver_District_Court/11_17_2023%20Final%20Order.pdf

I haven't looked at it yet, but I'll note there's a footnote to that sentence.

The Court agrees with Petitioners that an oath to preserve, protect and defend the
Constitution encompasses the same duties as an oath to support the Constitution. The Court,
however, agrees with Intervenors that given there were two oaths in the Constitution at the time,
the fact that Section Three references the oath that applies to Article VI, Clause 3 officers
suggests that that is the class of officers to whom Section Three applies.

And for reference, section three:

No Person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress,
or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office,
civil or military, under the United States, or under any State,
who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of
Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a
member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial
officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United
States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion
against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies
thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each
House, remove such disability.

I'll have to read through the argument in more detail, but I'd be surprised if the president weren't regarded as an officer of the state at the time.

The bulk of the argument seems to start on page 98.

Magliocca further argued that contemporary usage supports the view that
the President is an “officer of the United States.” Andrew Johnson repeatedly referred to
himself as such in presidential proclamations, members of Congress both during the
39th Congress that ratified the Fourteenth Amendment and during Johnson’s
impeachment several years later repeatedly referred to the President the same way, and
earlier presidents in the Nineteenth Century were referred to the same way. 11/01/23 Tr.
56:3–59:16, 69:21–71:21.

On the other hand, Intervenors argue that five constitutional provisions
show that the President is not an “officer of the United States.”
•The Appointments Clause in Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 distinguishes
between the President and officers of the United States. Specifically, the
Appointments Clause states that the President “shall appoint
Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme
Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are
not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law.”
U.S. CONST. art. II, § 2, cl. 2.
•The Impeachment Clause in Article II, Section 4 separates the President
and Vice President from the category of “civil Officers of the United
States:” “The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United
States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction
of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” U.S.
CONST. art. II, § 4.
•The Commissions Clause in Article II, Section 3 specifies that the
President “shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.” U.S.
CONST. art. II, § 3.
•In the Oath and Affirmation Clause of Article VI, Clause 3, the President is
explicitly absent from the enumerated list of persons the clause requires to
take an oath to support the Constitution. The list includes “[t]he Senators
and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several
State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the
United States and of the several States.” US. CONST. art. VI, cl. 3.
•Article VI provides further support for distinguishing the President from
“Officers of the United States” because the oath taken by the President
under Article II, Section 1, Clause 8 is not the same as the oath prescribed
for officers of the United States under Article VI, Clause 3.

Reply #343
The Appointments Clause in Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 distinguishes
between the President and officers of the United States. Specifically, the
Appointments Clause states that the President “shall appoint
Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme
Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are
not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law.”
U.S. CONST. art. II, § 2, cl. 2.
This argument is shockingly weak. Obviously the president cannot appoint themselves; only dictators do that. They are appointed by the people (or perhaps we should say the electors, not that the distinction matters here). That the president appoints all other officers of the state makes them the highest officer of the state, not not an officer of the state. This clause is clarifying both the power and confines of their higher office.

Of course what matters most is contemporaneous language. Since the court saw fit to include 310 without any counterarguments, one might be strongly inclined assume there simply aren't any worth mentioning.

•The Impeachment Clause in Article II, Section 4 separates the President
and Vice President from the category of “civil Officers of the United
States:” “The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United
States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction
of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” U.S.
CONST. art. II, § 4.
A better argument than the above, though of course we can note they're explicitly held to the same standards by this text.

•The Commissions Clause in Article II, Section 3 specifies that the
President “shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.” U.S.
CONST. art. II, § 3.
The same weak sauce as before.

•In the Oath and Affirmation Clause of Article VI, Clause 3, the President is
explicitly absent from the enumerated list of persons the clause requires to
take an oath to support the Constitution. The list includes “[t]he Senators
and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several
State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the
United States and of the several States.” US. CONST. art. VI, cl. 3.
It's more logical to conclude that the distinction simply isn't relevant here, the way it's relevant in the Appointments Clause and the Commissions Clause where the highest officer is granted those additional powers.

Nevertheless this could've looked impressively persuasive if they hadn't included that bit about contemporary usage by Andrew Johnson and earlier presidents. Of course anyone with half a brain cell would immediately check up on that, but still.

Reply #344
Colorado Supreme Court turned out braver than the lonely judge: Yes, Trump is an insurrectionist and therefore removed from ballot.

Technically it will suffice to repeat this in a few more states, but it would be more correct to decide it in SCOTUS. And incorrect of SCOTUS to leave the decision to the last minute.

Colorado court used Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch's ruling to justify disqualifying Trump

- Trump is disqualified from the ballot in Colorado, the state's Supreme Court ruled.
    - But the case is sure to go to the Supreme Court.
    - Colorado's court cited Justice Neil Gorsuch in their decision.

The Colorado Supreme Court cited Gorsuch's ruling as cover for its unprecedented decision to kick Trump off a primary ballot based on the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution.

"As then-Judge Gorsuch recognized in Hassan, it is 'a state's legitimate interest in protecting the integrity and practical functioning of the political process' that 'permits it to exclude from the ballot candidates who are constitutionally prohibited from assuming office,'" the state opinion reads.

Wasn't Gorsuch one of Oakdale's favourites?

Reply #345
Wasn't Gorsuch one of Oakdale's favourites?
Frenzie, do you want to tell him? Or must I? :)

Oh, well. I probably must:
Gorsuch in Bostock played a word game with "sex" and "gender". and thus derived an interpretation of the law that Congress had repeatedly refused to accept. Your contention was, basically, that the age-old procedures of Common Law countenanced this  ignored the fact that the U.S. Supreme Court is not a Common Law court...
You commended him for this. I derided him for it.

But -of course- because Gorsuch has been described as "Conservative" and something he said may support an ultra-liberal (for ersi, any anti Trump) stance, I must be a hypocrite! His typical as hominem! (He still uses and mis-uses Aristotle's logic — syllogisms, which are too complicated for him to understand. (W.V.O. Quine published an axiomatization of such... Again, of course, he remains unaware.[1] )

p.s.,
ersi: In the case cited Hassan was not born in the U.S. or any of its territories... The Constitution's enumeration of qualifications decided the case.
Likewise, the 14th Amendment required Congress to pass legislation to enforce the pertinent portion of Section 3... They did: 18 U.S. Code § 2383.
Oddly enough, Donald J. Trump has not been charged with such crime, let alone convicted!
But four Colorado Supreme Court Justices -perhaps with the connivance of one of their inferior courts (that's not passing the buck, is it? :) )- decided, without due process, that he was guilty.

Folks in other countries may readily accept such shenanigans. Americans tend to get a little testy, when their basic rights are abrogated...
He could easily avoid his mistakes, if he'd learn some modern techniques... :)
进行 ...

Reply #346
But -of course- because Gorsuch has been described as "Conservative" and something he said may support an ultra-liberal (for ersi, any anti Trump) stance, I must be a hypocrite!
You're a hypocrite either way, with or without Gorsuch. But thanks for clarifying some of Gorsuch's shenanigans. (I really could not care less.) It remains to be figured out if you are against him because he is not hypocritical enough for you or because you're aspiring to out-hypocrite him but your efforts go unrecognised.

Namely: Yet again you have nothing to say about the substantive matter, the leading Republican presidential candidate Trump who is at the same time election head-fraudster and insurrection arch-conspirator. You always miss the point in every topic every single time.

Reply #347
the leading Republican presidential candidate Trump who is at the same time election head-fraudster and insurrection arch-conspirator. You always miss the point in every topic every single time.
You mean, I can't enter into the Bizarro-world inhabited by one ersi?

I'm a hypocrite? :) Your logic is lapsing: In what (try to be specific!) am I hypocritical? You mean your ad hominem fluffery has to be accepted, otherwise you lose your case? Yeah. I know.
Logic ain't your strong suit.
进行 ...

Reply #348
In what (try to be specific!) am I hypocritical?
You are a hyper-partisan QAnon Trumpite of the alt-facts gang. Is this specific enough? Need more details?

Thus far you have missed every relevant detail and fact, so we will never get to the big picture. Not in this life.

Reply #349
You are a hyper-partisan QAnon Trumpite of the alt-facts gang. Is this specific enough? Need more details?
Yeah. One example or two... But you don't have them: For you, name-calling and hand-waving are sufficient! :)

Since you can't or won't be bothered to read and understand what I write, you rely on your absurd sufficiency, much like the four Colorado Supreme Court Justices recently: We know he's guilty, so we treat him so! (Might work in other countries; it's not supposed to in the U.S.)
进行 ...