Skip to main content
Topic: FBI Director Comey gets fired… (Read 12637 times)

Re: FBI Director Comey gets fired…

Reply #25
My political corner
Yup! Them what knows you best!

(Interesting idea, Smiley. But I suspect Trump actually wants a competent FBI director… But keep in mind: Most people nowadays get their info from their "telly". Tonight's episode of Quantico posited a convention of the states, ostensibly to merge the FBI and the CIA — because that would require a Constitutional Amendment! Apparently, no one working in the "creative" side of television needs know anything about anything… :) Both the FBI and the CIA were created by Congress; nothing to do with the Constitutional remit, other than the powers of Congress. Hey! That kinda sounds like the Democrats howling about "separation of powers" and "unconstitutional firings"… People who've never read let alone understood that document, the Constitution, have nothing better than TV to explain what's going on in our country: Sitcom U.S.A.! :) )
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #26
Living as you do in a part democracy and juvenile nationalism that requires 16 securty agencies is a damn farce. Should be spending more internally on the millions who are suffering.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #27
The law does say that the President can make temporary, acting, interim appointments to the position of FBI Director.....it doesn't stipulate how many or how few.........1, or 2, or maybe even 5..........& the Senate doesn't get to say anything about any of those appointments because they aren't presented as permanent appointments.

That's a fact......it's sort of a loophole in the process, & one President Trump could have a field day with!!

Chew on that one for a while............
Smileyfaze it's playing at the children garten.

At any democrat European regimen such idiotic, child brainish expedient, would be punished with impeachment and probably jail.

A matter of attitude.

Reply #28
Grammar aside.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWI7WbC6qrc[/video]

Reply #29
Unfortunately the whole thing is due to the system. He is not a regular politician and that has to be borne in mind.

Reply #30
American law can do nothing against the president that decides to behave like a total scumbag. Even before Trump became the president, everybody knew he was a total scumbag (plus consistently acting like it).

Chew on that one for a while. Four years at least.

Reply #31
Living as you do in a part democracy and juvenile nationalism that requires 16 securty agencies is a damn farce.
Your folk number such things differently, knowing how deficient your schools are… But you have the same number or more. GCHQ is akin to our omnibus DHS, and was long before 9/11.
But your ignorance is legend!
American law can do nothing against the president that decides to behave like a total scumbag.
What -exactly- has he done that so aggravates you?

Bel and ensbb3: You have your own problems… I doubt any psychiatrist could "cure" you: You've caught Trump Derangement Syndrome! Are not your own politicians worth talking about? :)
Hm.
进行 ...

Reply #33
Well he hasn't done anything to me Oakdale and he was elected via the system so that is that. On a wider issue I would say that not being a routine politician will mean in practical terms a different way of doing things. What is questionable is the way the opposition an bias media acts which is something else.  Although I have no admiration for your rather corporate political control over there he was put in and people should get on with it and all the childish nonsense being stirred up by those are by those that hoped their candidate would win. It has reached the childish level . Now the Trump haters are going on about the FBI boss being heaved over the stuff about Russia. You would think that too many Yanks are brained into Russia as an automatic moan or stir up if things do not go a way wanted. 

I don't believe Russia had anything to damn well do with the recent Presidential election and it is all made up as part of the old tradition of moaning about the bear. Now the same stirring up people are coming out with baloney that Trump imparted something to the Russian Foreign Minister in the White House. Well Trump was right to rubbish that mindset. In fact President Putin has said if the US wants a copy of the recorded meeting they are free to have it.  Finally, I would say it is one thing having a different political stance on a President but the present stuff is so damn head-shaking and daft.  The biggest issue is the media and some politicians who were on the losing side.

Fair enough Oakdale?!

Reply #34
American law can do nothing against the president that decides to behave like a total scumbag.
What -exactly- has he done that so aggravates you?
Currently the relevant question is: What exactly did Comey do to aggravate Trump so that he ended up fired?

The documentation of Mr. Trump’s request [to Comey to shut down the investigation concerning Flynn's ties to Russia] is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

And what exactly does Trump find so cute about Putin so as to be overgenerous with apparently classified information to him? Putin enjoys embarrassing the clown further http://6abc.com/news/putin-jokes-he-would-release-record-of-trumps-russian-meeting-to-congress/2003397/

Reply #35
What exactly did Comey do to aggravate Trump so that he ended up fired?
As Scott Adams said:
My opinion of Comey’s handling of the Clinton email issue remains the same. I believe he sacrificed his career and reputation to avoid taking from the American voters their option of having the leader of their choice. If Comey had pushed for Clinton’s indictment, the country would have ended up with a President Trump without a “fair” election. That was the worst-case scenario for the country and the world. Comey prevented that disaster while still making it clear to the American public that Clinton was not guilt-free with her email server. He let the voters decide how much weight to assign all of that. In my opinion, Comey handled the Clinton email situation like a patriot. The media is spinning the situation as “making it all about himself.” That’s true in the same sense that a Medal of Honor winner who jumped on a grenade to save his buddies is “making it all about himself.” I don’t disagree with the characterization that Comey was trying to be the “hero” because that’s how it looks to me too.
(source))
Comey did technically usurp -with the help of President Obama and Atty General Loretta Lynch- the AG's role…
to be overgenerous with apparently classified information
ersi, why post a link to a story you haven't read? :) (Or is it merely a case of having a deficient sense of humor?)
进行 ...

Reply #36
Comey did technically usurp -with the help of President Obama and Atty General Loretta Lynch- the AG's role...
And Trump sees this the same way? Hardly. Trump has no clue of anything called a technicality and in this case you are simply imagining it up a la Breitbart.

ersi, why post a link to a story you haven't read? :) (Or is it merely a case of having a deficient sense of humor?)
Of course I have read it. You evidently have no idea why it's funny.

First, stories appear accusing Trump of being an intelligence leak. This fits the overall picture of Trump's unstable character.

Then Putin rushes in Trump's defence. This is funny because, when you think it through, he really doesn't. He knows he is making the scandal worse and this is exactly why he is doing it.

Reply #37
Speaking of those Clinton emails:

Reply #38
Because "rigging" the DNC procedures to "select" Clinton was not a crime… The "election" you refer to was the party's selection of a candidate — something not under the control of the government. The DNC is a private organization, and they refused the FBI access to their servers. A better question is what were they hiding from the Democrat voters and the public in general? :)
Certainly, many consider it unfair. But there it is; and it remains the responsibility of the party to handle.

The source of the leaked emails is pertinent to a crime within the remit of the FBI, hence the investigation continues.
进行 ...

Reply #39

A matter of attitude.

Reply #40
Another load of nonsense that picture.  OakdaleFTL does have a passing point in that the president has not done anything illegal but the election losers cannot accept the result.  Oh, and still bananas about Russia.

Reply #43
Are we now to accept any Photo-Shopped pic as "news"? :) Have we all become Democrat Party members?

If anyone is still interested: The commission of an "independent" counselor egregiously muddies the waters…
The original investigation was of Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election. By making such a criminal investigation, the Justice Dept. has rejected an intelligence investigation. (Lots of special safeguards apply in criminal investigations that are moot in a counter-intelligence investigation…) But maybe a "counselor" is not a prosecutor? :) Of course, the average Democrat won't know that!
Mueller is an honorable man; a competent man. (And a Democrat.)

The Dems seem to be backing off of almost everything. Why?
Because they -having burned the candle at both ends- now realize that the flame, at long last, has reached the center: There's nothing left to burn.

Onward to 2020! :)
进行 ...

Reply #44
If anyone is still interested: The commission of an "independent" counselor egregiously muddies the waters…
The original investigation was of Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election. By making such a criminal investigation, the Justice Dept. has rejected an intelligence investigation. (Lots of special safeguards apply in criminal investigations that are moot in a counter-intelligence investigation…) But maybe a "counselor" is not a prosecutor? :) Of course, the average Democrat won't know that!
The basic error with this as grounds for firing Comey is that it vaguely resembles juridico-political reasoning. Trump doesn't do that sort of thing.

For example, as you well know from Trump's interviews with O'Reilly, when asked how he would respond to military threats from Putin, his answer was, "I would call him and I would say, "Don’t do it. Just stop it. Don’t do it.""

Do you have any examples of him thinking any deeper than this? Or are you like him in that when asked about factual data, you can reply, "Many people have come out and said I'm right," and when pressed further, "Forget all that. We're gonna do it."?

Reply #45
The basic error with this as grounds for firing Comey is that it vaguely resembles juridico-political reasoning. Trump doesn't do that sort of thing.
What you meant to say is that you don't understand how our system of government works…You seem to think it's all about the personality of who's in power.
I grant you, we're getting closer to the European model… But we're not there yet!

Haven't you folks grown up enough to reject Freudian psychologizing yet? :)
进行 ...

Reply #46
What you meant to say is that you don't understand how our system of government works…You seem to think it's all about the personality of who's in power.
Not at all. I'm only saying that with Trump in power, that's what it observably is. It wasn't like this before, but with no chance to remove him, he may make this a permanent feature of your political culture.

This point is perhaps too specific and nuanced for you so that it never gets through to your skål.

Reply #48
Are we now to accept any Photo-Shopped pic as "news"? :) Have we all become Democrat Party members?
You mean cover illustrations are Liberal Mainstream Media Lies whereas Trump's twittering is "without the filter of the fake news"? Way to go!