Skip to main content
Topic: What's Going on in Russia? (Read 19516 times)

What's Going on in Russia?

We've covered all of the major players but have only picked and chosen on Russia, usually on the subject of President Putin. Obviously, there's much more to Russia than Putin.

Recently I came upon this.

Russia unveils new Marussia luxury sports car

http://www.bbc.com/news/12021255

I want one!

Re: What's Going on in Russia?

Reply #2

Can I add a user to "ignore" right through the user's profile? I couldn't find a button.
You mean user or thread?

Reply #3
Is this your first button problem?

Reply #6
Threads started by an ignored user are unignorable. Secondary posts are ignorable.

Reply #9
Found it...thanks. You're now blocked!  :D :beer:

Reply #10
Well, Crimea has been annexed by the evil Russian dictator, VP.

Obama has issued a stinging rebuke and has ordered McDonalds and Kentucky Fried Chicken outlets to refuse service to Russian diplomatic staff in the US. Evidently, Putin has crossed one of Obama's many red lines.

Syria, you're next.
======================================
In the long run does all of this really matter? What would Mr. Putin have to do to upset Europeans?

Reply #12

You mean user or thread?
Hm...
I'd like to! :idea:

It's easy to ignore a thread. All you have to do is choose not to open it.
Ignoring users is a little harder, and for some of us it isn't practical.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #13
For an intelligent man it is painfully obvious that jimbro is not any different from anyone else he moans at for being constantly on the attack.He lives still in a Cold War mentality. I will remind him that President Putin was democratically elected. The election was overseen by international observers. What utter silliness harping on about the Russian dictator. You elect a President who goes on killing innocent people with drones and your elections till see 40 million poor and suffering people over there and so on. Anyone with any common sense who visited Russia in the strident and controlled days of the USSR and walked about today would be gob-smacked. There is a fixed and illicit mindset from him and others on Russia and coming from a land that is a mockery of rights, freedoms and all that false guff needs to use the grey cells more astutely.  When it comes to fixations he has one which is superglued into his brain and makes him look narrow and very unbecoming. Have a nice day......
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #14
The idea that Putin was democratically elected is a joke. He's an unabashed dictator who likes to show his tits.

Cameron was elected. Obama was elected. Putin was deified.
Former Soviet spy chief claims Putin regime is an ‘intelligence agency dictatorship’

The highest ranking defector to flee from the old Soviet bloc has a message to share about Vladimir Putin — he’s still a KGB agent at heart and that mindset is heavily influencing his tactics for furthering Russia’s interests.

Ion Mihai Pacepa was the head of the Romanian communist regime’s foreign intelligence service before he defected to the West in 1978. Due to the threats on his life, Pacepa refuses to appear in public, but he has communicated his message to the co-author of his most recent book ”Disinformation: Former Spy Chief Reveals Secret Strategies for Undermining Freedom, Attacking Religion, and Promoting Terrorism.”

Reply #15
that jimbro is not any different from anyone else ... I will remind him that President Putin was democratically elected.
1. You're proving really the same, RJ...
2. I ain't know nuttn' 'bout some "PRESIDENT Putin" - even who that shit is, but when we'd considered somebody else - namely the impostor V.Poo-tin - we'd clearly see that this well know person OBVIOUSLY WAS elected - a couple of times - which can't make any sense for today.

Reply #16

that jimbro is not any different from anyone else ... I will remind him that President Putin was democratically elected.
1. You're proving really the same, RJ...
2. I ain't know nuttn' 'bout some "PRESIDENT Putin" - even who that shit is, but when we'd considered somebody else - namely the impostor V.Poo-tin - we'd clearly see that this well know person OBVIOUSLY WAS elected - a couple of times - which can't make any sense for today.

And here he is with a few adoring fans. Eat your heart out Grigory Sokolov.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngwH6Zy5vb8[/video]

Reply #17
Careful Josh. Pootin is listening to everything.

Reply #18

- namely the impostor V.Poo-tin - we'd clearly see that this well know person ...

Keep calm Josh. Excitement could degrade your grammar :P

Reply #21
Yes Putin was democratically elected jimbro and the international people there to see it never mind the vast amount spent overseeing security. In actual practice Putin had a decline in his votes (although different today!).You really are not that much different from many in your country brought up inn the days of Cold War and after learning the alphabet had to learn of the evil enemy of the USSR. That dictatorship was evil and the place a boring nightmare but even with problems the place is vastly different than the old days even allowing for JoshL. Trouble is the West did not adapt to that or much try. You are so besotted by your ignorance and hate  there no benefit of the doubt. You personally cannot even find a real person to vote for in your Presidential elections and live in a past world. Considering the state your nation is in it does you no consideration. You are quick to condemn others for a jaundiced eye but like most self satisfiers never see it in yourself. Kind of sad as one would have thought a broader mentality really. Disappointing.  :worried:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #23
Hi Josh  :up:

Since you are the forum expert for Russia, one question to you: Who is the actual president of Russia?