Skip to main content
Topic: Internal Communication Error - Opera (Read 4373 times)

Internal Communication Error - Opera

ׂ

Re: Internal Communication Error - Opera

Reply #1
Maybe something between Opera and the OS?

Reply #2
ׂ

Reply #3
I don't know. it's just that "internal" would most logically seem to mean either within Opera or within your OS. Otherwise it doesn't seem very internal.

Reply #4
I encountered that problem just once & and for me closing the browser and starting it up again (and or deleting the cache) solved it. I remember many threads over at (ex)myopera about it and i am unaware of a def. solution to the problem - but what I remember is that most of the time a switch between offline/online status (WLAN failure;de-/reactivating NIC;hibernation or such) could have been the culprit - and I always thought in regards to Operas (enhanced) way of dealing with backward/forward/caching of pages it somehow makes sense that the browser may have problems under those circumstances... maybe you can find some of the old threads at some web-archive for further investigations.

Reply #5
ׂ

Reply #6
It happened a few times over the years to me too. Reloading the page solved it. That's probably because I have the browser cache disabled. Otherwise I would have to restart the browser (and or clean the cache). So it seems to be a caching issue. What I can tell for sure is that Opera's RAM-cache is utterly undersized.
It was perfectly fine for the general demands 15 years ago but Opera did nothing in this regard since.

Reply #7
What I can tell for sure is that Opera's RAM-cache is utterly undersized.
It was perfectly fine for the general demands 15 years ago but Opera did nothing in this regard since.

If I limit it to 400MB (the highest GUI setting) Opera remains at around 1GB of RAM use; if I set it to automatic it goes beyond that (currently about 1.6GB). I believe it's Firefox that randomly limits the thing.

Reply #8
ׂ

Reply #9

If I limit it to 400MB (the highest GUI setting) Opera remains at around 1GB of RAM use; if I set it to automatic it goes beyond that (currently about 1.6GB). I believe it's Firefox that randomly limits the thing.

I'm not speaking about the RAM Cache you can modify in opera:config.
What I was referring to is the RAM Cache you can see in opera:memdebug.
They are not the same.

Reply #10
I don't know what that is. It claims to have a 1 MB max, but is actually using 14 MB. But meanwhile there's also nearly 800 MB of documents, of which nearly 500 MB is EcmaScript.