Skip to main content
Topic: What's the dumbest thing you can say to a Congresswoman who lost her legs in com (Read 5009 times)

Re: What's the dumbest thing you can say to a Congresswoman who lost her legs in com

Reply #1

combat?
This

How do you spell s-k-e-w-e-r-e-d?

My bigger reaction is that that poor woman wouldn't have to bear her burdens if we didn't repeatedly become involved in battles that have nothing to do with national welfare.

102,000 American deaths in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan for what? And now our Republican bloviaters are poking at Obama because his reaction to Crimean events isn't vigorous enough. Asswipes!

Frankly, though, I think it's too much because Crimea is none of our business, and anything Obama does is too much. It's one red line too many.

Re: What's the dumbest thing you can say to a Congresswoman who lost her legs in com

Reply #2
Bit concerned about the thought behind starting this thread?
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #3
Like so many threads that are opened, they have a way of developing a life of their own and range from mosquitoes to

Reply #4
I prefer badgers. I won't post an image because it will suddenly appear being of 200fMB, etc.:faint:

Reply #5

I prefer badgers. I won't post an image because it will suddenly appear being of 200fMB, etc.:faint:

FMB200 TRANSISTOR PNP 45V 500MA SSOT-6 FMB20 Fairchild Semiconductor 200 FMB2 200 FMB 200
Brand Name: Fairchild Semiconductor ; Model Number: FMB200 ; Transistor Type: PNP ; Current - Collector (Ic) (Max): 500mA

Reply #7
Sorry I spoke

Reply #8
What's the dumbest thing you can say to a Congresswoman who lost her legs in combat?

Hmmmmmmm.........

Well, I would think something like this....

Geeeeez, Congresswoman................(honestly sympathetic look on your face).........................[glow=black,2,300]NICE TITS!!!!![/glow]

Reply #9
Sorry I spoke

Reply #11
Hey! That's my congresswoman you're talking about there. Not that she would be if I'd had my way (I voted the other way). But, gerrymandering of the district made this a Democratic district and the Republican stood little chance.

Can't help it, I still think of her as a carpetbagger even though the district was re-drawn so she lives in it now.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #12
gerrymandering
Quote from: etymonline
gerrymander
1812 as both a noun and verb, American English, from Elbridge Gerry + (sala)mander. Gerry, governor of Massachusetts, was lampooned when his party redistricted the state in a blatant bid to preserve an Antifederalist majority. One Essex County district resembled a salamander, and a newspaper editor dubbed it Gerrymander. Related: Gerrymandered; gerrymandering.

:sherlock:

Reply #13

gerrymandering
Quote from: etymonline
gerrymander
1812 as both a noun and verb, American English, from Elbridge Gerry + (sala)mander. Gerry, governor of Massachusetts, was lampooned when his party redistricted the state in a blatant bid to preserve an Antifederalist majority. One Essex County district resembled a salamander, and a newspaper editor dubbed it Gerrymander. Related: Gerrymandered; gerrymandering.

:sherlock:

Nothing changes over time. When the powers-that-be want to preserve their power, they often do it by re-drawing voting district lines. That gives one side an advantage but at the cost of having districts with some rather bizarre shapes on the map.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #14
Unfortunately too true about boundary changes.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #15
Nothing changes over time. When the powers-that-be want to preserve their power, they often do it by re-drawing voting district lines. That gives one side an advantage but at the cost of having districts with some rather bizarre shapes on the map.

It is inherent in the system. If the system won't change, neither will the gerrymandering. There are ways to reduce these incentives. One of the YouTube guys has made many clips over the topic.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mky11UJb9AY[/video]

Reply #16
I want to be the weasel. And the lion is actually a lioness.

Sadly, mjmsprt40 is correct.

These surprised me.
Who calls that democracy? David Cameron needs to win 2 million more votes than Gordon Brown just to draw level in Parliamentary seats. Earlier research by David Butler showed that the Tories could win 40 per cent of the vote, with Labour on just 30 per cent, and the Conservatives would still be seven seats short of an overall majority. The Tories would need to gain 41 per cent to Labour's 29 per cent to secure a working majority.

Needless to say, that is not a welcome prospect for the regime. Outright fraud, the main method of “managing” Russian elections between 2003 and 2011, is no longer considered a safe option after the mass protests of 2011 and 2012. It seems that the Kremlin has found a more subtle way. On Friday, the Russian State Duma passed a law that lowers the minimum required percentage of regional legislators who are elected on a proportional basis from party lists from the current 50 percent to 25 percent—and altogether abolishes the minimum proportional requirement for Moscow and St. Petersburg

Bet it doesn't happen in democratic China!