Skip to main content
Topic: The Worldwide Politics Thread (Read 24911 times)

Re: The Worldwide Politics Thread

Reply #76
ISIS has declared their captured territory a caliphate.

A caliphate? that's nice.
The last one we saw around here was Cordoba's, six hundred years ago. I miss them.

Don't cry like a woman what you didn't defend as a man. Those were the caliph's mother words to her son when forced to leave Cordoba forever.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #77
Another mess-up thanks to the land of the free and home of the brave ( :whistle:). Each time the place finds an excuse to stick their nose in the end result is a shambles and worse mess. The only way the US of A is ever going to learn snese is when it collapses one day and unfortunately the genuine good will suffer due to those who really run the place. The Hill is just a showground to keep the children happy.

Iraq should never have been invaded in the first place but this inherent thing the great Satan of the West has carried is that it is needed to be the world's saviour but actually all it does is create more misery. The way the political lot over the pond act one day Americans will wake up and find they are in a police State themselves. All the hype about freedoms in the world are baloney  whislet they increasingly spy, restrict rights and so on at home. When the end comes I promise not to invade and at present in the middle of the Loyalist marching season so please do delay things. :hat:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #78
Unless you subscribe to the idea that the US is funding ISIL, to split up Iraq or some other nefarious purpose, a popular theory in some quarters, I don't think that follows. Iraq may not be a shining case of US nation building though.

Reply #79

Unless you subscribe to the idea that the US is funding ISIL, to split up Iraq or some other nefarious purpose, a popular theory in some quarters, I don't think that follows.

He doesn't need to.
The USA doesn't have to finance ISIL. Our Saudi friends might take care of this.

Reply #80
Yeah, that is nearer the truth and gets the US off the hook as I never believed the US did direct funding. Mind you the same nation funded some violent and dastardly terrorist in Afghanistan(and elsewhere) didn't it? I dare say the excuse behind the scenes was to do in the old USSR regime. Cruel regimes have always been accepted by the US led West if they lean on their corner. Time is overdue for the US to invade Saudi Arabia and a couple of other places in the Middle east but of course it will not happen when you get to have military bases and the corporates can increase their wallets.

Reply #81

ISIS has declared their captured territory a caliphate.

The last one we saw around here was Cordoba's, six hundred years ago. I miss them.

The ISIS whackjobs would burn it to the ground if they had the chance. I don't think any of the historical caliphs was anywhere near their version of islam.

Reply #82

I have good news for you, Bel. There is hope for a caliphate in your neighborhood  :)

"We’ll take back Spain": Fighters claim ISIS to seize 'occupied lands'
[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/ib1WlP-ae7I[/video]

Reply #83
I have good news for you, Bel. There is hope for a caliphate in your neighborhood :)

Let them come...
That would be exactly what my People needs desperately, awakening, a cause to fight again.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #84

I have good news for you, Bel. There is hope for a caliphate in your neighborhood :)

Let them come...
That would be exactly what my People needs desperately, awakening, a cause to fight again.

How I imagine @Belfrager's response would be (a combo, if you will)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9DHgnKeAxo[/video]

and

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzf3FRSbEUk[/video]

Reply #85
Oh dear krake. One cannot see that RC  Portugal would copy Islam extremists! And I have to say colonel that I would moot that Belfrager has no great love for Stalin any more than i have (I have an Imperial flag to put up in my back garden each summer in memory of the assassination date re Nicholas 2nd me being an unrepentant Tsarist. I almost sniggered at the thought of hBelfrager being a peasant!

Reply #86
Reconquest cavalry noblemen mixed with Lenine speeching to the masses.... what a hell of a confusion goes in the American mind about European history ...

What were you doing during your years with the Britons, Colonel? certainly not studying... :)

Indeed, rjhowie, it's so probable that I'm a Leninist follower as much to be a peasant.

As for the Caliphate, these are the Caliph's words:
"I am the wali (leader) who presides over you, though I am not the best of you. So if you see that I am right, assist me, If you see that I am wrong, advise me and put me on the right track, and obey me as long as I obey God."

I don't see too many western democracy leaders to ask us to "put them on the right track".... :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #87

Reconquest cavalry noblemen mixed with Lenine speeching to the masses.... what a hell of a confusion goes in the American mind about European history ...

What were you doing during your years with the Britons, Colonel? certainly not studying... :)

Indeed, rjhowie, it's so probable that I'm a Leninist follower as much to be a peasant.

As for the Caliphate, these are the Caliph's words:
"I am the wali (leader) who presides over you, though I am not the best of you. So if you see that I am right, assist me, If you see that I am wrong, advise me and put me on the right track, and obey me as long as I obey God."

I don't see too many western democracy leaders to ask us to "put them on the right track".... :)

I figured you'd like the combo I offered. :D

Mr. Howie: I did indeed snigger when I posted that. Couldn't wait for Belfrager's response.

Reply #88
Oh, i smiled and knew you would have a giggle and I whistled Dixie sitting back with a glass of Irn Bru.

Reply #89
Mr. Howie: I did indeed snigger when I posted that. Couldn't wait for Belfrager's response.

Oh, i smiled and knew you would have a giggle and I whistled Dixie sitting back with a glass of Irn Bru.

How sweety....
Are you both going to hug and kiss each one? lovely...

Were not for a stupid French revolution and you would be the ones with the heads in the guillotine.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #90

How sweety....
Are you both going to hug and kiss each one? lovely...

Were not for a stupid French revolution and you would be the ones with the heads in the guillotine.

*Patiently waits for a rousing speech from @Belfrager *  (hopefully not one involving peasants)

Reply #91
Oh I do hope not peasants and all the hoi-polloi stuff. As for kissing and cuddling that is the routine in Europe  so Belfrager doesn't have to go far for that daft male thing.

Reply #92
As for kissing and cuddling that is the routine in Europe

Men don't kiss each other anywhere in Europe except for the Russians. If Russians are European or not, that remains to be seen.

*Patiently waits for a rousing speech from @Belfrager *  (hopefully not one involving peasants)

Oh I do hope not peasants and all the hoi-polloi stuff.

That anglo-saxon alliance between you two it's not something to even give me itch.
How much rousing was that, Colonel? :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #93
Well amongst all the debating I would say that in his favour the Colonel represents a flavour of America that was dastardly done in in the 19th century by a bullying Union. Much of the culture and original American culture was badly treated in the 1860's down his way. I know Portugal is in a bit of a state just now economically, socially, etc Belfrager so see what you can do. Perhaps it needs a strong man to sort it out.......?

Reply #94
I know Portugal [...]

As an homage to a great King, someone that benefited from my Country hospitality and never forgot it, I'll make mine his famous words:
Porqué no te callas? :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #95
in memory of the assassination date re Nicholas 2nd

As Wm. F. Buckley (in his novel Who's On First) has a Soviet official rebuke his subordinate who was proud of his familial relation to the man in charge of the executions: "And all eleven were killed… It only took 77 bullets!"
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #96
Kind of stretching a bit that a Soviet leader would rebuke for killing the family. After all the Bolshie mad dogs had intended at one point to put the emperor on trial and no doubt a farce before shooting him, etc. The evil git who was in charge of the killings suffered for most his life mentally and with drink and served him right.

Reply #97

As for kissing and cuddling that is the routine in Europe

Men don't kiss each other anywhere in Europe except for the Russians. If Russians are European or not, that remains to be seen.

Oh I do hope not peasants and all the hoi-polloi stuff.

That anglo-saxon alliance between you two it's not something to even give me itch.
How much rousing was that, Colonel? :)

@Belfrager:

Reply #98
An Anglo-Saxon thing? Uh-oh, is it raining in Mississippi? What's next an orange and green palsy-walsy?  :D

Reply #99
I have good news for you, Bel. There is hope for a caliphate in your neighborhood

The caliph announced his plans for the next five years.

From Portugal to Pakistan...
:lol:

The ignorant seems to remember Poitiers... he needs someone to remember him a couple dates more...
I suppose he included... what's that, Switzerland? Austria??
He's funny.

Of course, I prefer Al-Mu'tamid, the King poet from Andalusia... and to whom such an idiot doesn't honors.
Me, I will post one of Al-Mu'tamid's poems...

My share of life is finished; I am laid
On my death-bed.
Did he not die, our father Adam, also,
And Muhammad?
Dead are the princes and the potentates
And none shall wake them.
Tell them that triumph at my death, that Death
Shall overtake them.

That was written one thousand years ago...
A matter of attitude.