Skip to main content
Topic: I'm alt-right… (Read 31675 times)

Re: I am alt-right…

Reply #75
You also know nobody but a few radicals from Nation of Islam and whatnot actually says this
Farrakahn, the leader of the group; Reverand Wright, Obama's pastor for 20 years… :) Hardly anyone worth paying attention to!
Of course, Trump all but said Hispanics are evil (remember that bit of Mexicans being rapists and murderers...)
You are deliberately misunderstanding that, of course! (I know of California cases -quite a few- where repeatedly deported Mexican criminals re-entered the country, in my state, and were caught raping and killing… We're supposed to ignore that?
What a nice fuzzy-warm feeling you must get, ignoring the victims!

But if someone shouts at a liberal, it's a "hate crime"? Even if there's no evidence that it actually happened?
(BTW: You still gave me no definition of "hate crime": Apparently, you mean something that wouldn't be a crime, if it were committed against someone who was white… :) Because Racism! Or Islamophobia, homophobia, misogyny,  [add whatever multi-cult terms you want].
Do you have any data suggesting the 700+ figure is incorrect?
That's how evidence works, for you? I can say that I've found no credible source for such a figure;  of course, I know, that's not enough for you: You throw out a figure and challenge everyone to disprove your contention? :) (You do remember who became famous doing that? That's right: Senator Joe McCarthy… :) )
widespread reports of physical attacks
Perhaps you understand why I'd ask for the number of investigations, and prosecutions… But perhaps not: You might have to question your narrative!
Let me 'splain it to you, Lucy: Crying Wolf! is actually dangerous — because there really are twisted individuals out there! Your short-term political aims (…de-legitimizing  the election and hence the up-coming administration of the candidate who won) are puerile, but quite consistent: You just can't accept that "your" side lost.
You're on the side of the Angels, in which you don't believe, of course!
What you really think is that anyone who disagrees with you is stupid… That's one of the reasons your side lost. :)

Do you think Hillary regrets her "basket of deplorables" comment? Nah. No more than you regret your continual (and unfounded) swipes at — oh, anyone who doesn't share your agenda'd views…
So, suck it up, boy-o! There's little chance that your wet-dream fantasies will come true. You're stuck with a Trump presidency for four years, at least.
And your Democrat Party is falling apart, because the sustaining "planks" in their platform have been rejected by the fringe…
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #76
Intermezzo :)

Trump-speech-open-mouth

Reply #77
You are deliberately misunderstanding that,
No. You were clearly saying that white people are evil. According to who? What silliness have you been reading lately anyway?
can say that I've found no credible source for such a figure;
That's because the figure is now outdated. That was only as of Nov 18. But what's credible to you. Some right-wing blog (verses folks that actually have been tabulating the incidents....) Some Youtube video?

Perhaps you understand why I'd ask for the number of investigations, and prosecutions.
So you're demanding that both those conditions be fulfilled for it to count as racial/ethnic violence and harassment. You know as well as I do that if somebody spray paints "Heil Trump" with Nazi symbolism on a church that they burned, the perp is unlikely to be caught.  Likewise if a Muslim woman gets her hijab ripped off and is shoved. But you're trying to deny that this is happening and that these folks have been emboldened by Trump's election. Are your really trying to say that if nobody gets caught, a crime didn't happen?
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #78
The world will not accept such a morron as Trump to play as a world player. Nobody.
From North to South, from East to West, the creature has no place.

He will not affect the world, he will destroy the Americans.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #79
You were clearly saying that white people are evil.
You read as well as ever, Sang: Farrakhan, the current leader of the Nation of Islam, and Obama's pastor, Rev. Wright — for two.
So you're demanding that both those conditions be fulfilled for it to count as racial/ethnic violence and harassment. You know as well as I do that if somebody spray paints "Heil Trump" with Nazi symbolism on a church that they burned, the perp is unlikely to be caught.
As usual, you amp up the volume! I made no demand; I merely asked… About perps being caught -specially for the crime of arson- you and I will have to disagree about the effectiveness and efficiency of the police. (Of course, we live in different states… :) Incompetence may be the rule in yours! Although Harry Reid certainly figured out how to become a millionaire by being a politician; but don't feel bad on that account, Feinstein and Boxer haven't done too bad either!)

"Hands up! Don't shoot!" was a crime: A deliberate lie Brown's companion foisted upon Ferguson… And the nation, since it spawned the BLM movement. (And, arguably, the recent spate of cop killings…)
How many of the "reports" tracked by your mysterious "trackers" were hoaxes? You don't know; you don't care.
You like the narrative, so you'll believe whatever you hear that supports it.
进行 ...

Reply #80
The world will not accept […]
Bel, the world always accepts the inevitable! :)
进行 ...

Reply #81
The world will not accept such a morron as Trump to play as a world player. Nobody.
From North to South, from East to West, the creature has no place.
Well, 'the world' did accept G.W. Bush for instance.
What's the big difference from a Portuguese perspective, except that Trump didn't start a new war yet?

Reply #83
Bel, the world always accepts the inevitable!  :)
Well, besides the funny contradiction krake has pointed, it seems to me a bit exagerated to look forward to Trump as a Messiah.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #84
You read as well as ever, Sang: Farrakhan, the current leader of the Nation of Islam, and Obama's pastor, Rev. Wright -- for two.
Ohhhhh, two whole people....:p Wow. That's like a massive movement or something. Mostly something :p BTW Wright is longer Obama pastor and hasn't been for a long time and denounced Wright's words and resigned from Wright's church.
Incompetence may be the rule in yours!
You say this and yet you voted for Trump.
, except that Trump didn't start a new war yet?
He doesn't have the authority to, yet. But I'll be pleasantly surprised if he didn't start at least two or three of them.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”

Reply #85
Ohhhhh, two whole people....:p Wow. That's like a massive movement or something. Mostly something :p BTW Wright is longer Obama pastor and hasn't been for a long time and denounced Wright's words and resigned from Wright's church.
Both are leaders of large movements. Obama did "throw the Rev. under the bus" when word got 'round. :) Politics being what it is!
So: Example are verboten? :) But your speculation is supposed to be swallowed whole-hog? Sounds like your method, alright...
Local police, local government, Sang... Try to keep up!
Since when can something inevitable be rejected?
In political discourse, since forever! :)
进行 ...

Reply #86
Did you vote for Trump or not? I thought you said something different earlier. Or was it that the other guy was not available in your state or something like that?

With the kind of candidates that you had this time, it would not have been a dishonour to skip the voting. Between two evils, America chose evil. Because it was inevitable. But you don't have to choose the inevitable. The inevitable comes by itself, because it's inevitable.

Trump's a big boy. He doesn't need your defence. Besides, he won. No reason to be defensive about him at all.

Reply #87
Yes, ersi, I did vote for Trump -- in California, which of course he lost. We also had a U.S. Senator to elect (Boxer having decided to retire...), and the only choices available were two Democrats. So, of course, the most liberal/progressive Democrat won! :)

It's the "basket of deplorables" mentality that is my target. The progressive narrative of racist, this-, that- and the other-phobes, misogynistic excessives; you know, all those haters...
I am pleased that this narrative failed to defeat Trump. And I'm quite happy that Hillary Clinton is effectively retired from American politics.

On that basis you think I'm defending Trump? :)
进行 ...

Reply #88
We also had a U.S. Senator to elect (Boxer having decided to retire...), and the only choices available were two Democrats. So, of course, the most liberal/progressive Democrat won! :)
Which one did you vote for there?

Reply #89
Loretta Sanchez -- not our out-of-her-mind Atty. General, Camilla Harris... This, too, was a "lessor of two evils" race. (BTW, when Sanchez defeated Bob "B1" Dornan in 1996, in California's 46 district -- that's Orange County, down south, including San Diego, by less than 1000 votes, there were serious allegations of vote fraud... :) )
进行 ...

Reply #90
But back to our regularly scheduled programming: As reposted at Pournelle's site, I offer
Saturday, December 10, 2016
John Glenn must surely have wondered, as all the astronauts weathered into geezers, how a great nation grew so impoverished in spirit.
Our heroes are old and stooped and wizened, but they are the only giants we have. Today, when we talk about Americans boldly going where no man has gone before, we mean the ladies’ bathroom. Progress.
Mark Steyn
(Steyn is just a recent example of Commonwealth renegades who've realized that our Revolution was both justified and needed; and that the world is better for it.)

Why anyone with half a brain would think that Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan resonated is beyond me… Progressives have less than half a brain: The have a narrative!
And the rest are in that "basket of deplorables"… :) (I.e, non-Hillary voters! :) )
And, of course, John Glenn was just an old white man.
Hardly ever did anything…

Before we become a majority-minority nation, ya'll better "check your privilege," Progressives.
White people aren't "the enemy"; nor are black people… (I should have used a separate sentence there — so that I could have capitalized "black," to avoid the accusation of "micro-aggression"! :) ) To be explicit: Progressives are the enemy, in my opinion.
Keep your post-colonial Marxist BS on your college campuses. When parents stop paying -and government can no longer afford to pay- for indoctrination, the system will change…
Or the U.S. will fall, after Europe.
进行 ...

Reply #91
People get away with vandalism, graffiti and even physical violence regardless of the location all the time. All I was noting is that you voted the guy that showed the most incompetence of all recent candidates.
It's the "basket of deplorables" mentality that is my target.
Why is that? Is it to cure your cognitive dissonance that the outbreak of violence by Trump racist supporters of the candidate you voted for is actually happening as predicated? Is this why you attempt to reduce the number of incidents by only counting the ones in which the perps were arrested and found guilty? Some of these alt-right Trump supporters are just itching for Trump to issue them a brownshirt of their very own, hence the Nazi vocabulary and imagery.  Trump does have a "basketful of deplorables." A literal Nazi is deplorable, as is a Klan member, along with wannabes of those groups. This does not mean that all Trump supporters and voters are deplorable, but a hardcore of them are. Ironically enough, to say otherwise is a form of PC.

Reply #92
The Daily Beast notes Bernstein, who broke the Watergate Scandal as saying:
“Trump lives and thrives in a fact-free environment. No president, including Richard Nixon, has been so ignorant of fact and disdains fact in the way this president-elect does,” Berstein said on CNN. “Richard Nixon was nothing, in terms of lying, compared to what we have seen from Donald Trump,” he said, adding that the “growing sense of authoritarianism” from Trump was a cause for concern.

Reply #93
All I was noting is that you voted the guy that showed the most incompetence of all recent candidates.
Except the ones who lost to him? :) Right?
Ironically enough, to say otherwise is a form of PC.
(Don't know why you keep trying to post lists… Maybe you should use both hands to type! :) ) Sang, your contention is that -absent of evidence- anyone who voted for Trump is "alt-right" or "white supremacist" (or, perhaps, that they're dumb!) – No, sir! Your contention is that not everyone is a committed Progressive! Many of "us" have reason to wish Progressivism's demise, as the preeminent political philosophy in our country.
That we're now -for however briefly- in charge is what rankles, for you… Admit it: Confession is good for the soul! :(

Addendum:
adding that the "growing sense of authoritarianism" from Trump was a cause for concern.
We should, of course, pay the utmost attention to "growing senses" and "causes for concern"…
Hey, Sang, get your party to field a better candidate, next time! (You've got such a deep bench… :) Biden and Sanders are spring chickens!)
进行 ...

Reply #94
Here we have an image of Trump making America jackass great again!

In fact he is making America jackass again as witnessed by Oakdale claiming that I contend that everyone that voted for Trump is deplorable despite the fact that I singled out the ones that were. Such a primitive black and white mentality.

Reply #95
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/10/graydon-carter-donald-trump

Like so many bullies, Trump has skin of gossamer. He thinks nothing of saying the most hurtful thing about someone else, but when he hears a whisper that runs counter to his own vainglorious self-image, he coils like a caged ferret. Just to drive him a little bit crazy, I took to referring to him as a “short-fingered vulgarian” in the pages of Spy magazine. That was more than a quarter of a century ago.

Emphasis mine, of course. Do you why people in the New York, New Jersey area hate him so much. Not so much for is politics, but because they've had to deal with him their whole lives and know what he's like.

Reply #96
I contend that everyone that voted for Trump is deplorable despite the fact that I singled out the ones that were.
You gave generalities -as did Clinton- to taint Trump supporters. And you lost the election!
Will you learn? Probably not.
进行 ...

Reply #97
Do you [wonder] why people in the New York, New Jersey area hate him so much[?] Not so much for [h]is politics, but because they've had to deal with him their whole lives and know what he's like.
I should care, why other people -specially, people in the progressive bubble- hate him? (He also knows them…)
I don't care. I do care about how this country gets beyond the progressive bubble that Democrats have perpetrated and promoted for decades… We are not -yet- Europe!
Hate who you want, Sang. But understand that your hate redounds…
进行 ...

Reply #98
Loretta Sanchez -- not our out-of-her-mind Atty. General, Camilla Harris... This, too, was a "lessor of two evils" race.
I see, so you are a routine chooser of evil. In your own mind, this gives you right to tell everybody else what is right and good. And constitutional.

You gave generalities -as did Clinton- to taint Trump supporters. And you lost the election!
Will you learn? Probably not.
So, you need to hammer on particulars to taint your opponent just to win? America is a totally lost case then.

Reply #99
You gave generalities -as did Clinton- to taint Trump supporters
I noted specific groups that any decent human being would find deplorable. Nobody said all Trump supporters are like that. Of course, you always do go for the straw man.