Skip to main content
Topic: I'm alt-right… (Read 31617 times)

I'm alt-right…

I've recently read too much about the so-called alt-right. (This is an example; read the comments, if you don't have a gag-reflex… I kept getting 10 more comments, until — I don't know when! Before I was asked to, the next post -the first before this onslaught- said, simply, "Disgusting!" and I wish I'd paid it the attention it deserved.)
But I myself am a constitutionalist; someone who believes in the "separation of powers" doctrine. A proponent of  "power to the people" — with provisos!
That's the problem: Either there can be no provisos or the Democrats rule…
That's harsh, I know. But recent history has shown that that's what one party wants, and what the "other" party can't stop.

Who would defend the Constitution of the United States?
Democrats? Republicans? Trump? Clinton?
My fellow Americans, we are indeed at a crossroads: If you are unable to see a reasonable path back to our sensible republic, we are -this generation- doomed!
Still, our progeny will (sorry to be the bearer of "bad" news, liberals) outlive us. And they might just out-think us.

Comments?
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Re: I am alt-right…

Reply #1
The alt-right term was coined by white supremacist Richard Spencer. It is not a term made up by "liberal media" nor is it derogatory term for conservatives. It refers to ideologies to the right of traditional conservatism, and actually rejects traditional conservatism. These are Clinton's "deplorables" , motley crew of racists, white supremacists, fascists/neo-nazis, Klan members.  They don't have one set ideology, but white nationalism is very common in this group. It's impossible to be constitutionalist nor a defender of the constitution and be alt-right because their beliefs often run contrary to the constitution. I don't take you for an alt-right person.

To allow them to take power or take too much influence via Trump is the path away from being sensible republic and toward be a totalitarian,  if not literal nazi state. That is not hyperbole; as state in the previous paragraph, literal nazis (again not merely a pejorative) make up decent chunk of the alt-right movement.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #2
I've never quite understood the "white supremacism" thing... I've known a lot of "white" people who were really dumb (and a few that were actually evil); I've also known a fair number (fair enough to let me generalize) of "black" people who were really dumb (and a couple who were actually evil...
I long ago came to what still seems the most sensible conclusion: Until you get to know an individual, you don't know if they're dumb (or evil).

Yes,  Sang, I take your point: "White supremacy" would indeed be an anti-Constitutional ideology. (I'd rather keep the Constitution.)

Thankfully, the so-called alt-right "movement" is not just fringe but miniscule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmPckNvD3E&list=RD1rmPckNvD3E&index=1

Of course, I sometimes don't hear everything that's being said... :)
进行 ...

Reply #3
"White supremacy" would indeed be an anti-Constitutional ideology.
Or "Constitutional ideology" would be an anti-"White supremacy" ideology.
Not too much of a difference.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #4
Depends on the constitution, Bel!
进行 ...

Reply #5
Depends on the constitution, Bel!
Immigrate my friend, you have no other option.
In the civilized world, constitutions worths what they worth, ever changing piece of papers.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #6
Not so much, here... A few amendments; only one repealed. :)
进行 ...

Reply #7
Hey, Sang: If you find the time, read this speech by…someone I've heard of. :)
It's longer than a HuffPo post, but it's worth your time.

And, if you're still awake or rise the next day and haven't lost interest: Read this short essay…from a real Alt-Righter. (It reminds me of a "debate" contest from a few years ago! :) )
进行 ...

Reply #8
Alt-left would be what?  the Black Panthers?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #9
Or "Constitutional ideology" would be an anti-"White supremacy" ideology.
Not too much of a difference.
Incorrect.   The constitution right now provide equal protection under the law for all races/ethnicities and universal suffrage for all citizens over the age of eighteen. This is why I pointed out to Oakdale that an Alt-Right would not be constitutionalist. Those are the obvious amendments that this group of "deplorables" would oppose, provided the idiots the even knew they existed, but there's probably more. 
The term doesn't exist yet, but most likely, along with communists, Left Anarchists (there are Right ones as well.) There isn't the kind of support the Alt-Right has for Trump among those groups, however. (In fact, some imagery such as Clinton with a Star of David, appears to have originated from Stormfront. This means that some people working with the Trump campaign are likely Alt-Right members. Trump himself tweeted this meme...)
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #10
Short answer: No you are not.

Reply #11
Constitutional blabber as usual. Rights and all that farce. When you consider how up till the 1960's black were still not having votes and the constant arguments over the constitution when there is so much practical hypocrisy in all the time it has existed makes one sigh! In WW2 the army HAD to practice segregation although fighting racist regime in Europe. The way a whole part of society is treated, rubbished or gunned down by police nutjobs the constitution doesn't mean a damn in practice. The whole history since the then corporates of the late 18th century got their way the so-called rights and fairness, etc has been brained into people against the truth.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #12
Just another day in Sang-land: https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/11/04/1954248/the-fbi-spent-two-years-investigating-an-online-cult-that-didnt-exist

@Howie: :) (If you don't know what that means, in context, I'll use another medium with which you're unfamiliar — plain English.
You'all had a vote about staying in  or leaving the European Union. And (you didn't like the outcome) your inferior court has said, eff-off, you plebes! Now you have to wait to see if your "supreme" court agrees…
Such a "wide" democracy! :)

An un-written constitution is like an un-signed IOU… Bigoted Englishmen expect such from the Scots. Some Americans do, too.
进行 ...

Reply #13
Well, yeah! But you can't say that — unless you want to and can take being called racist!

@jax: The term means more in Europe than it does here in the U.S.… (Except for people like Sang.) I'm actually closer to what we call here a Paleo-conservative; what you'all used to call classical liberals.
进行 ...

Reply #14
Nope. It is driven by the same ideology as the Alt-right.
Political orientation is not genetically determined by skin color.

Reply #15
I think alt-idiots are dominating the world.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #16
Don't know why Oakdale is puzzled about white supremacy as his country has practiced it since they were daft enough to go their own way.

Reply #17
And we learned it from — who? :)
进行 ...

Reply #18
You really are a hypocrite when you look at the actual history of your country Oakdale. During your time as a wonderful new democracy (groan) with principles and such they didn't mean a damn to Red Indians or the blacks. You were still stopping black people having a vote right into the 1960's and in the century before what you did to the Indians was shocking. Just thikk all that time as a wonderfully principled place to show the world (groan) you were still doing in Negroes and barring them one h of a time after the revolution two centrepieces or so ago.  So giving a thought to the fact that you introduced a Constitution that didn't mean a damn if now white you really are cracking the biscuit. Even these days well over the two centuries Black folk still suffering worse of in rights, safety from gung-ho police and the rest of the defects you are trying to blame us? Are you so slow that dumbness hasn't been considered?! pitiful so sober up and think.... :whistle:

Reply #19
I think that a particular Scotsman know little of history, but has a bug up his butt about America… You've never explained why.
进行 ...

Reply #20
because you boast like damn mad clowns and have the inherent belief you should rule the world. What makes if all so damn ridiculous is that you create wars, de-stabilise places that do not agree with you or go propaganda mad. Wouldn't be so daft if the boasting wasn't so laughable when you look inside the country.You would not be so open to ridicule if you stopped showing off and trying to run the world when your own internal affairs are a mess. Heavens well over half your debt is owed to COMMUNIST China and you rabbit on about anything outside of your closed grey cells as being Marxist! Oh and over 2,000,000 in jail? hahha, brilliant laugh if it wasn't so serious! Instead of wanting to show off and boast  try being a bit more like the world and be normal.

Reply #21
Instead of wanting to show off and boast  try being a bit more like the world and be normal.
Like a certain Scotsman I know who long ago realized he and his nation were impotent? :)
Perhaps because we are not yet impotent…
(I guess that explains it, eh? :) )
进行 ...

Reply #22
Well I suppose yakking about somewhere else a country is impotent kind of hides the infantile and immatureness of your own. So ten out of ten for that direction. Thanks for helping me remind.

Reply #23
@OakdaleFTL

Being alt-right, are you a #Pizzagate enthusiast too?

Reply #24
Oakdale is just an orphan (politically speaking).
I support him just because I understand that, even in America, or, specially in America, quality is destroyed by quantity.
The problem being he doesn't know how to express himself in European terms.
A matter of attitude.