Skip to main content
Topic: A gruff and mental midget commanding general (Read 3566 times)

A gruff and mental midget commanding general

I could not believe a recent news item which showed the commander in chief of US Forces making the very hawkish statement against Russia and what would be done to them. Many of the senior people in the US military I have noticed in modern times have been obviously well trained and intelligent but this banana brain buffoon looked like a numpty and reminded me of the old days of kick ass idiots. He was shocking, gung-ho and a John Wayne type idiot. Many officers must be shaking their heads.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: A gruff and mental midget commanding general

Reply #1
The Commander-in-Chief is President Obama… I assume you mean a general… Care to give any actual information? Name? Service? Job title? Mention of the telly show (or RT story) you heard about this from?
:)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #2
I have to agree with Oakdale this time. Who said what and when?
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #3
I only recall Obama calling Russia a regional power, but you can bet they weren't happy with that! :P

Reply #4
Wish I could remember his name and he did make the rather bullish and over the top comment on television. I know the stuff about the President being commander in chief stuff but this man was in practical terms the head of the military. Unlike other senior officers and generals this one was  unbelievable. A squat face, bullish appearance etc. He was completely out of line with the routine senior people who are a bit more sensible.  He was like something out of the distant past and very out of place.

Reply #5
The Chief of Staff?

Reply #6
RJ is watching his telly and everybody else tries to guess what he sees there. Too funny.

Reply #7
Yes Frenzie that is the hawk!

Reply #8
Nothing to say about what Russia's ambassador to the UK said, RJ? :) Here's a link to the UK Sun's article, which has the video — where the general mentions the ambassador's comments; of course, RT has its own slant.

I guess pacifism is your preferred stance, RJ… I'm not surprised: Belligerent and unwilling to fight!
进行 ...

Reply #9
So the Russian ambassador made thinly veiled threats against Europe and the US and Howie's upset at Milley?  Wow.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #10
No, you don't understand, Sang: American army generals are supposed to be… Well, I guess we can't use that word — at least, until after the election… :)
进行 ...

Reply #11
Oakdale using the "Sun" a typical red top paper! And midnight raccoon digging g at Russia for being threatening? What the deuce has been the active history of America but that damn stance for generations and still at it. Indeed it has some almost divine right thinking about it's place in the world. Anyone who dares to challenge that ultra-nationalism has a nerve eh? Billions spent on military and hundreds of bases round the world instead of spending the money at home rather than war-mongering. I did make a fair comment that most modern US officers today seem a bit more reasonable but that fool was back to the old stupid kick ass rubbish. It is okay for the USA to invade, de-stabilise any country that dares not to succumb to it and if you don't you will be showered with negative propaganda, threats and war.

Reply #12
Oakdale using the "Sun" a typical red top paper!
I chose the two most likely sources, RJ… (Pravda was unavailable.)
进行 ...

Reply #13
Well to be broadly fair Oakdale any media outside of yours is an improvement and is also so controlled and nobbles the brains over there.

Reply #14
(Note for those unfamiliar with Howie's vernacular: "Broadly fair" is a euphemism akin to "left-handed compliment"… :) )
进行 ...

Reply #16
Well considering the way media works in the ex-colonies there is not opportunity for a valid supremacy in such a field. I watched just today street interviews on US streets on present day conflict matters and included Syria, Russia etc and the ignorance was mind-blowing with only an odd person being balanced. Just because it is say the RT right away there is a duh attitude and what happens at home is bypassed. Even when that station does show anything valid that is totally ignored. A general bias attitude in the West.

Anyway considering my view that many military senior people are sensible that clown in charge was like something out of the Cold War period and a groan. Embarrassing.