Skip to main content
Topic: The Awesomesauce of Beer (Read 18104 times)

Re: The Awesomesauce of Beer

Reply #25
Since the English Isles are not a part of Europe, no. Rj's only allegiance is to the Queen, before whose photo he genuflects daily. Inexplicably, he also has a picture of Robert E. Lee, before which he also genuflects.

I understand almost everything both inside and outside of our galaxy, including dark matter, the expansion of the universe, and what's inside a black hole, but that one baffles me.

Reply #26
(Also, I hear that Grolsch went down the drain since Miller bought it a couple of years ago.)

Incidentally SABMiller also bought Pilsner Urquell some years ago.

Reply #27

(Also, I hear that Grolsch went down the drain since Miller bought it a couple of years ago.)

Years ago I bought and consumed vast quantities of all kinds of beer...beer in bottles, beer in cans, beer in bagpipe bags, beer in barrels and beer in retired Zeppelins.

Reply #28

I enjoyed the stuff less in 2011 than in 2004, but I think it was me.

PS I haven't had any Grolsch since '08. I have no idea if the claims are true.

Reply #29
What happens when you mix lesbians with beer in Boston?
The makers of Sam Adams beer on Friday announced they are backing out of sponsoring South Boston’s St. Patrick’s Day parade in protest over parade organizers' refusal to allow members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community to march in the parade.

Reply #30
Don't know of anywhere called the 'English Isles' but there again ex-colonists are not unfortunately :o know for their world knowledge ( :o). HM The Queen is if course to be acknowledged. Years ago in being sworn in in the legal world I required to take obligations and the first was to her gracious Majesty. As for the exceeding gentleman Robert E. Lee he was as I would remind the man from the north was an appreciated commander of the Union before he took the step south. Dignified, respected and a spiritual man he is worth noting.

I prefer to deal with this world rather than lose oneself in all sorts of vagueness about space and the galaxy stuff. Fondly recall a police sergeant and constable who phoned after midnight for a signature and always of help told them to come on over. They were quite taken with the fact they had to take raise a hand and take the oath in front of HM!  :yes:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #33
Whatever ill can be said about the evil Russian dictator, the man has nice tits.

Reply #34
Way back in the day when I delivered stuff for a courier service, one of the things we delivered was beer. Cases of it. Some "stiffer" drinks too, though probably nothing I would recommend to a friend. One brand that stuck in my mind was a dark ale by the name of "Moose Drool". So help me, that's the name of the stuff. Recently I had a chance to actually buy some. Not too bad, probably better than the "Old Style" I drank occasionally some 20 years ago, but I doubt that I'll buy more to replace what's left of the 6-pack presently in the refrigerator.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #35
Moose Drool? That reminds me, I just saw an ad for a brand of (French!) wine called Wild Pig.

Reply #36
Well seeing the the Cold War is alive and well in the ex-colonies with that guff about the Russian leader. Kind of funny coming from a corner of the world that does so much evil. No doubt I will be told "not in my name." You seem to have a penchant for breasts jimbro.

Reply #39
Check some of these out.
The aforementioned Scots, Brewdog is on that list with Tactical Nuclear Penguin. Their branding and marketing, like with that 'Hello, my name is Vladimir' beer, give them a lot of publicity. I have not been too impressed by their beers so far, though.

I have a good impression of American beers, that on average have been better than European beers. That is a consequence of selective pressures. Pubs in the US are relatively rare (at least they were when I last visited about a decade ago) and tended to be quite selective about their brews. Likewise beer imported from the US tends to be better (though you get some US Budweiser/Miller on tap some places thanks to branding), while a European beer taken at random is bound to be of the bland&boring (or worse) eurobeer type.

I generally like Norwegian Nøgne Ø for making quite drinkable beers among their stranger selections.

Reply #40

Check some of these out.
The aforementioned Scots, Brewdog is on that list with Tactical Nuclear Penguin. Their branding and marketing, like with that 'Hello, my name is Vladimir' beer, give them a lot of publicity. I have not been too impressed by their beers so far, though.

Seems to be a running theme - the more attention grabbing the name, the fancier the label, the worse the content. I've seen that with whisky as well.

Reply #41

Check some of these out.

Seems to be a running theme - the more attention grabbing the name, the fancier the label, the worse the content. I've seen that with whisky as well.

Well, nobody attacks rj with impunity, so maybe there's some truth to this label.

Reply #42
I have no great problem with female breasts jimbro but I fortunately do not have a hangup on them or a droolling loose self control. As a help  I would suggest you refrain from any naturist beach or you may get rushed to hospital for collapsing. Wiping the foaming mouth will be the lesser issue.

Reply #46

I have no great problem with female breasts jimbro but I fortunately do not have a hangup on them or a droolling loose self control. As a help  I would suggest you refrain from any naturist beach or you may get rushed to hospital for collapsing. Wiping the foaming mouth will be the lesser issue.

Have to say, I met am Edinburgh girl a few years ago back when I was in the UK. Great tits, long legs, all around 9/10.

The her Glaswegian girlfriend (not lesbo) came up and was common........dead common.   :left:

Not sure what the Howie sees in his womenz from his Stone City, as their rival city has much to be proud of.  ???