Skip to main content
Topic: US Economy - what do you think?? (Read 5870 times)

US Economy - what do you think??

I came across this item by Dr Paul and it does seem to have some cause for concern. Came across this by chance and it is a bit concerning so what do you think?
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: US Economy - what do you think??

Reply #2
You do realize Dr. Paul is delivering a sales-pitch…? :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #3
There is no US economy.
The USA use fake money and impose it to the world with nuclear weapons. Never saw any "economist" study about such method.
The only approach I know about it is the International Court of Haya for War Crimes.

Many Americans are simply honest hard workers that don't have any idea about what they are supporting.
There's no US economy, just US financial criminals.
And I don't care. The system will destroy itself.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #4
Don't you have to ask the rest of Europe before commenting on economics?

Oh wait. That's the problem. Portuguese clearly have no idea how such a thing works.

Reply #5
I know what Paul's political background is but with the state of the economy he has raised  an important issue which has been dragging on and he does touch on a seriousness.

Reply #6
He's like a kid picking his scabs… You're like a kid picking the scabs of others.

Of course, RJ will watch "infomercials" — it telly, i'n'it? :)

I confess, I didn't watch Paul's video all the way through: He's been saying the same things for 30 years… He couldn't convince his cohort in the House, and he couldn't convince the electorate. (He apparently could convince RJ… Wonder why?) What does Paul suggest we do, RJ? I mean, you watched it, right? You understood it, right?
I await your reply…
进行 ...

Reply #7
He cannot get where he wants because the corporates run the place hece the mess and a dodgy future coming.

Reply #8
I would point out that the UK has been run by "corporates" (trademark term to @rjhowie) for over 300 years now (empire years and not), but for all the good it would do, I can't be arsed to do so, 'cept subtly so.

Reply #9
Baloney as usual when an ex-colonist cannot deal with the truth. You have a "parliament" controlled by 2 lots who are big money controlled. If you lot were not so boastful about being the greatest country still playing imperialistic stuff on the planet and creating wars where you cannot automatically control business you could have something. Unfortunately your people have been conned especially re money and fine you know it and look what you have in the election, Trump and Clinton.  You used to list the debts in your submissions so cannot fault you for not longer advertising them!

Many over there are concerned about the way things are run but are stuck with the Dems and Reps and the strings that pull them so can understand how frustrating it can be for you sad folk hen it comes to money and routine economics. All that dough spent on military at the expense of your economy and so many of your people?  :down:

Reply #10
Topic: US Economy - what do you think??
Curious about Trump. I foresee a complete disaster.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #11
I foresee a complete disaster.
Hm… I thought your religion forbade prognostication. Or have you reasons for your "foreseeing"? :)
进行 ...

Reply #12
Although i dealt with the colonel he does fall into the daft trap of musing that everyone else has been corporated like nutjobland. This in practice is not true of course but is always an excuse to hive away from the home truth.

We of course do not know if President Trump will be a disaster and have to wait and proverbially see. We got all sorts of guff when President Obama came in and he will go down in history as just another President with nothing much to boast about. Tru7mp has said that les time should be spent on not destroying other countries and so on having a better association with Russia and more effort be made inside America. Something I have been saying for damn ages.

Reply #13
Hm... I thought your religion forbade prognostication.
For someone that lives in a place where Catholicism is the biggest religion around you seem to be very much ignorant about it.
Yes, I know, you join togheter all the protestan sects at a desperate way to deny Catholicism superiority.

Anyway American Catholicism is a very peculiar one. Maybe His Holyness should put the place in order and alligned with the rest.

As for economics, Trump will be a disaster. It will mater much more to you than to me, so if you don't believe it it's your problem, not mine.
For what is known, the constitution of his government seems to be a total joke. His phone call to the Paquistanese president, an hallucination in terms of American image.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #14
Well I would think we will get to know reasonably not too far in the future and we must remember that all sorts of stuff was dished out as to how wonderful President Obama would be. Trouble is that the country is stuck with a damnable thing that passes for a political system and much of it does not even touch tens of millions of Americans. If trump sticks by his direction of less grandiose US military nonsense that would be a positive step and get away from the built-in tradition of destabilising or invading countries that do not give in to the imperial juggernaut.

If Trump does well, hey, I might go to Portugal for a holiday.....

Reply #15
Trump will be a disaster.
That depends on what his actual policies become. Unfortunately, he keeps changing what he says what he plans to do. For instance, at first his tax plan was going to favor the rich (in fact, it's been determined that his original plan would cause 8 million middle class people to pay more tax, not less....), now he's saying that he'll give a middle-class tax cut and eliminate many deduction enjoyed by the rich. That actually sounds a lot like a Democratic plan.

However, he hasn't flip-flopped on his imbecilic trade policy yet with 45% tax on imported Chinese goods. Inflation, followed by recession here we come with that jackassary - unless that's just a bluff for the Chinese. In which case, of course, we can expect him to backtrack on that too.

He's going on a "Thank You" tour. What we need from him is coherent policy speech, not a series of rallies, that will tell us once and and for all what he plans to. That applies to all issues. He lives in the moment and says whatever suits him and his audience at the time, even if it completely contradicts what he said last week.  Until he does that, the fear some hold about what he'll do the economy will remain unassuaged nor actually know what else he plans to do.

“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #16
If trump sticks by his direction of less grandiose US military nonsense
Howie, you understand that Trump's stated foreign policy is more aggressive and militaristic than Obama's, right. A while back, some Iranian sailors made rude gestures at an America ship. Obama let the incident pass, but Trump said he would attack. Remember this is the guy that actually asked at his intelligence briefing why he can't use nuclear weapons. That's what got me scared shitless about him.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #17
That's what got me scared shitless about him.
Nonsense: What got you scared, first, was that he might win the election… Now what scares you is that he may be a successful president!

I suppose his selection of General Mattis as SecDef doesn't impress you, either. :)
进行 ...

Reply #18
If Trump does well, hey, I might go to Portugal for a holiday.....
When you arrive to Portugal, you'll be the delight of pickpockets...
Unless I take care of you, something that I'll never do for a protestant. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #19
As there somewhere between 50 - 60,000 Prots in Portugal then me that is an awful lot of us to ignore!  :lol:

Reply #20
Howie, since when -specially in your "wide" democracy- do numbers count? :)

That's one of the reasons Thatcher was so successful: She understood your system; you don't…
进行 ...

Reply #21
Well we have a system nutjob supporter.

Reply #22
Since "US Economy" will affect us all, beter to pay some attention to it.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #24
Which stocks did you buy?
None, I've moved out of capitalist economy for some time ago.

Don't forget that US economy is based at a mix of fake money and the weaponery to impose it to the world.
The day you'll have the weapons to resist them, I will listen to you.
A matter of attitude.