Skip to main content
Topic: What's Going on in China? (Read 89510 times)

What's Going on in China?

What is happening in China, the mainland, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao, and with Chinese overseas?

Re: What's Going on in China?

Reply #1
You are the only resident Chinese, so you tell. We probably need one more Chinese here. Or a Tibetan, Uyghur, Korean, or Japanese.

Btw, have you seen the Russian film "Mongol"?

Reply #3
The Republic of China is maintaining it's independence. That means Taiwan for ex-colonists to whom geography is an eh, what thing.  ???
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #4
If the Crimea thing goes into UN security council, China will support Russia's veto. It would make sense too - for them.

Reply #5
The governing party, Guomindang (Kuomintang), maintains Taiwan's dependence. Both Guomindang and the Communist Party of China maintain that Taiwan and Mainland China both are parts of China, there is just a slight disagreement between the estranged parties about who should rule that country.

There is a sizeable minority in Taiwan that want the island as a separate country, something neither the two parties above nor the US want. I used to think that these two would drift apart eventually, now I am inclined to think the opposite. That said, it can be nicer to be king of a smaller hill.

Reply #6
Li has declared War on Pollution.

Given the precedents of War on Crime, War on Drugs, War on Terror, this augurs well.

Reply #9
For an ex-teacher you do reveal some inadequacies my dear man. I have never followed the pattern that I hate all ex-colonists from the land of nut jobs. It's the structure and practice of the place that is the problem. You seem incapable of understanding the difference and that you have allowed yourself to fall into the odd trap of many of your compatriots in, well surprising not understanding (maybe 'cause you don't want to....hhhm?)! Years ago as is known, i visited the place twice and stayed with a couple I met on my first trip for 2 days of my holiday. Did I enjoy my two holidays? Yes, I did but wouldn't want to live in the place.  Many quite normal people visited dictatorships including the Third Reich and enjoyed themselves whilst not being happy with what was being done. I mean many towns and cities have went belly up financially and against the wall but hasn't stopped visitors! Differentiate my Michiganian. I do wish you would get out more and some fresh air. Indeed, I would walk slow to aloow you to keep up.

Reply #11
Sir , Sometimes i dont understand   'Mericans Way .

'Mericans  have Power , but AFAIR 'Mericans never make some Colony stuff like ROme or U.K Did in the past .

Reply #13
Or any state until it became a "state admitted to the Union". And places like American Samoa or Puerto Rico right now. Plenty of colonisation throughout United States' history and ongoing.

Reply #16

For an ex-teacher you do reveal some inadequacies my dear man.

Couldn't agree more.

John 8:7 (King James Version)
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

To be human is to be inadequate, and that holds for our Scottish and Portuguese friends.

Reply #18

You mean like The Phillipines? :right:

In that wonderful time when Western countries that possessed functional navies were carving up the globe. I've been to the Philippines...Filipinos love us! :love:

Our crowning glory in the Pacific? American Samoa, a lush paradise of 76 sq. miles. We've protected them from those villains of the Pacific, the New Zealanders.

Reply #19
Quote from: Wikipedia on American Samoa
In March 1889, a German naval force invaded a village in Samoa, and by doing so destroyed some American property. Three American warships then entered the Apia harbor and prepared to engage three German warships found there.[4] Before guns were fired, a typhoon wrecked both the American and German ships. A compulsory armistice was called because of the lack of warships.[4]

Reply #20

Sir , Sometimes i dont understand   'Mericans Way .

'Mericans  have Power , but AFAIR 'Mericans never make some Colony stuff like ROme or U.K Did in the past .

Nor do Mericans fight the barbarian with the sword like ole ROme did. We got civilized, have moral standards and values, whatever they might stand for.

Assuming that wiki.answers.com is telling us the truth:
There are 761 US Military Bases across the planet. 156 Countries with US bases. 46 Countries with no US presence. 63 countries with US Military Bases and Troops. 7 Countries with 13 New Military Bases since 09/11/2001. In 2001 the US had 255,065 Troops Posted Abroad.
source

Reply #21

There are 761 US Military Bases across the planet. 156 Countries with US bases. 46 Countries with no US presence. 63 countries with US Military Bases and Troops. 7 Countries with 13 New Military Bases since 09/11/2001. In 2001 the US had 255,065 Troops Posted Abroad.

It's not much, but we do the best we can with limited resources to blitzkrieg the world.

Reply #22
Colonization and imperialism

imperialism :  Rome's style .

Put some Doll Government to some land .

i/e Imperialism by Rome in Ancient U.k   :beard:

Colonization :

I/e 'Stralia , 'Murica ,  South africa , etc

'Stralia and 'Murica Native People is not Whity . :left:

and today , AFAIR i dont see many West People in Philipino  :monkey:

-------------------------

not sure too bout diz ...

maybe i should ask some of my Pinoy friends  .   :wait:

Reply #23
zzz  :doh: my OCD is tingling   :sst:

Allow me to Shed some :  Match-tology , Claimotology and   Fictionology .

Rome did  dat Imperialism thingy  in UK  and another Land .

then UK did  that to everywhere , included in 'murica .

so 'Murica must be did  that too , even in Smoother Way . :spock:

but , Imperialism only Valid if there is KingDom .

in this case , 'Murica isnot even a Kingdom .

then how they did that ?

Reply #24
Are you real? Dear, oh dear.