Do you care about news?

Mostly global.
[ 3 ] (60%)
Local/national.
[ 1 ] (20%)
Mostly beer :beer: :cheers:
[ 1 ] (20%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Topic: Just In from CNN :)  (Read 16065 times)

Re: Just In from CNN :)

Reply #27

Senator McCain tops the list of utter balloons that gives America a bad name. He looks and sounds utterly stupid.
I guess in the UK you don't as much Palin news as we do. He's a genius compared to her. Thank (insert deity) she didn't become vice-president.

Deity duly inserted.

Thank. I'll bet he has a nice chest, too.

Reply #29
Just resorted to Yahoo! news, now I see that all the news coming is mostly on the topic of Putin/Crimea - which we cover in another thread. So...
BEHAVE! :irked:
:P

Reply #30
Just resorted to Yahoo! news, now I see that all the news coming is mostly on the topic of Putin/Crimea - which we cover in another thread. So...
Still...
Some other news there is there:
  • Pistorius Trial: Objects Moved At Scene
  • Missing Plane: More Satellites Scan For MH370
  • In Syrian spillover, hostilities swell in Lebanon
  • German court confirms euro zone bailout scheme is legal
  • Oil prices gain above $98 on US economic outlook
    That's from the "top 8" -- the upper two still being on "Biden/Russia/Ukraine/Crimea":)

Reply #32
Yeah, don't you think that that Poo-tin stole the craft? It's a plot - against Crimea AND Katsung, of course (nobody doubts!).

Reply #33
I put nothing past that evil Russian dictator/devil/George Bush II.

Reply #35
Grand Rapids, MI
Tuesday 1:00 PM
Mostly Cloudy
37°F

Reply #36
Screwing everything is a neat way of getting on with life in a sense but at least progressive on the snow matter.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #37
I just had to share this one.
WASHINGTON—A new report published Monday by the National Transportation Safety Board advises motorists that sending text messages while driving “is totally fine” and “not that big a deal” as long as you make sure to glance up from your phone every now and then. “If you’re driving and have a really important text to send, that’s okay; just try to keep one eye on the road as best you can,” NTSB chairman Deborah Hersman said of the report, which advocates a new “50-50 rule” for texting drivers, suggesting they keep half their attention on the road and half on their handheld device.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-texting-while-driving-okay-if-you-look-up-e,32583/

Reply #39
It's from The Onion so every day is April the 1st.

Reply #40
The motto is "Today is the first of April of the rest of your life."

Reply #41
Back in the fifties BBC television did a spoof on spaghetti.  The item reported a problem with the crop growing due to bad weather and people actually fell for it.

Reply #42
Absurd. It's the sort of thing that CNN does every day.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26723188
1 April 2014 Last updated at 00:39 BST

On 1 April 1957, the BBC current affairs programme Panorama hoaxed the nation with a report about the annual spaghetti harvest.

The report showed farmers apparently picking spaghetti from trees and laying the strands out to dry. BBC reporter Richard Dimbleby was in on the joke and his authority lent credence to the ruse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=27ugSKW4-QQ

Reply #43
The picture's getting clear: his [now deceased] girlfriend, in the middle on the night happened to desire taking a pee. She went to the bathroom.
Oscar unfortunately awakes during her absence, and not holding in mind that other people occur to visit WC as well as himself, or maybe he couldn't imagine such a need to emerge during the nighttime, he evesdrops his girfriend accomplishing the need. According to him, convinced his girlfriend is still in bed beside him, he believes it's a bad guy in the bathroom, and "to protect" his girlfriend, he embarks to shoot the "bad guy". What?

Right! Don't allow your night partners to use your bathroom! Put a nightpot in your bedroom for them instead! :spock:

Reply #45
Actually very possible Josh. It is obvious from reports that he was and is a bag of nerves and very protective wherever he goes. You have to realise that South Africa is amongst the deadliest places to live and murders, etc almost out of control. I wouldn't live in Mandella's failed hell hole for a million pounds.

Reply #47
I wouldn't live in Mandella's failed hell hole for a million pounds.

It isn't Mandella's hell hole, and the whites at the top of the mountain are doing just fine, so you'd be ok, unless Oscar Pistorious was in the room. Ask Reeva Steenkamp.

Reply #48
What a daft stance that last comment is.

Mandela did little and nothing for the black South Africans. Have the townships declined in great numbers, crime, murder, rape? Since the emancipation the place has went from a white supremacist dictatorship to a black fiefdom run by wealthy and influential coloureds.  Try looking at South Africa rather than just gushing out nonsense. In the field of crime it is amongst the most shocking places since Apartheid was thrown out. Middle and black upper class people are in power (judge too in that trial!) so do get acquainted with the proper SA.  Over a hundred thousand girls mostly under age have been attacked and/or raped annually and it is one very dangerous and murderous country to be in. Small wonder the athlete was a bag of nerves. The ANC is a corrupt and failing lot. No-one would want to go back to Apartheid but what was supposed to be a new dawn and all the keech about Mandela was that...keech. Maybe aside from a rather negative jibe at me on racial characteristics you might explain why in your own olden land so many jails are full of black people and their districts in meltdown?  Non-white people in South Africa have been betrayed, let down and conned by their own leaders.

Reply #49
Mandela did little and nothing for the black South Africans.

History will tell how much he actually helped either way.

But, in the near reality, as long as his people think he did, that's all that matters to them.....their motivations since Mandela, will carry them into[shadow=green,right][glow=yellow,2,300] their [/glow][/shadow]future at a pace they have control of rather than the flaccid, colonic, limp wristed, Pretty-Britty-Empire or their white South Afrikaner lackeys.