Skip to main content
Topic: Cheat the Gravity  (Read 4962 times)

Cheat the Gravity

is that even possible to Cheat the Gravity ?

with a Box that Heavier than the Body Weight

:ninja:

Re: Cheat the Gravity

Reply #1
Such a pose of stupidity must be very difficult to sustain… Unless, of course, you do nothing else! :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #2
Surely I'm :drunk: and this 'topic' isn't really here?

Reply #3
In principle the idea would work, but one of many buts is that you would have to be able to jump to the top of the building to have the strength in your legs to do it.

Far better to use the stairs.

Reply #4
In principle the idea would work, but one of many buts is that you would have to be able to jump to the top of the building to have the strength in your legs to do it.

Or in other words, you'd have to exert (almost) as much force as the ground so you'd break your legs anyway. :P

In practice, I kind of wonder by what kind of insignificant amount you could actually lessen your speed. The Mythbusters tried it, but there were some complicating factors compared to this potentially simpler scenario.

Reply #5
Of course someone I can think of would simply make use of his quick-draw skills and withdraw his 24 inch bore handgun from it's holster and shoot at the ground. The recoil would keep him aloft.

Come to think of it, that idea suggests a completely new forum of personal aerial transport. Mind you, the anti-aircraft handgun (needed to defend against marauding flying intruders) would add more weight.

OK - a 30 inch canon then. :)

Reply #6
That, incidentally, was explored by xkcd's What If?

Reply #7
Caution boys... :devil: Sparta :devil: has done the jump and survived, but only to the extent of still being able to make such posts. :lol:

God bless Japan.

Reply #8
well, i guess i solves the anti aircraft that Shot the Paracute troopers .

with smaller size of Paracute it will Go down faster +   Canon with Height detector than Shot the ground automatically in certain distance from Ground , or with manual trigger  :ninja:

Reply #9
is that even possible to Cheat the Gravity ?

Yes, Just not here.
There's plenty of places where you can do it.

If you really really want to do it here, that can be arranged. Find a Buddhist monk, jump to his back and tell him to levitate.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #10
Large, helium-filled balloons would work. You have the choice, depending on how much helium you have available, of choosing to soften your landing, choosing not to land at all, or going up from the top of the building.

Some time back I saw a video where a man can fly indefinitely-- inside a building specially designed for the purpose. A large fan is mounted in the "floor" with a screen over the top for safety. The fan runs to produce wind at approximately a man's terminal velocity. You jump into the airstream, and depending on how you configure yourself you can fly up, down, side to side and so on within the fan's stream. It looked like it should be a lot of fun-- I could be persuaded to give it a try.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #11
Then again, if cheating gravity is all that you're worried about, why jump off of the building at all?

What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #12
Is that a high rise building?

Reply #13
that kind of Building , going different in my mind

No taxes , is a good taxes   :o

Reply #14
There are a number of ways to overcome the earth's gravity.  Airlift can overcome gravity; why do you think a jumbo jet weighing nearly 1 million pounds fully loaded, doesn't come crashing to earth.  Any massive body passing close to the Earth would reduce or eliminate the gravity on the surface depending upon its mass.  Centripetal force overcomes gravity; it's what keeps people from falling out of upside down looping roller coasters.  Gravity is an extremely weak force.  A handheld magnet can overcome the entire gravitational pull of the earth by lifting a small piece of iron up off the ground.    :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #15
A good joke can also overcome gravity. :D

Reply #16
Oh, and rising above the hoi-polloi thinking is a great thing too!  :)
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #18
Ah, no! That's the point of a sense of humor: To keep one buoyant enough to get through life un-mired in the muck.
进行 ...

Reply #19
I was trying to be punny. :(

Perhaps something is weighing heavily on me?

Reply #20
My bad! I forgot the smiley: :)
(If we can't riff on each others puns, what's the point?)
进行 ...

Reply #21
Quite correct.
"Quit you like men:be strong"