Skip to main content
Topic: Scottish Nationalist ignorance (Read 19387 times)

Scottish Nationalist ignorance

In parliament it is not the usual routine to clap but when a Prime Minister makes his last comments people usually acknowledge the position. The Conservatives stood up and applauded and the official Opposition Labour sat which is fair enough but courteously applauded and so to did the other parties except one corner. There the Scot Nats with their usual arrogance sat there stony faced and did not go along with the other parties. Their leader in the Commons is a pompous, arrogant snooty git and their bad manners says much.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: Scottish Nationalist ignorance

Reply #1
Scottish ignorance is nothing new.

Reply #2
Woo-oo!. Subtle as a brick.  :P

Reply #3
Don't know why Mr. Howie is complaining. Once the Scots leave the UK, there will be an influx of English and Welsh to move to Scotland before they leave. They will be paying his retirement, so start playing "O Flower of Scotland" is what he should be saying. :right:

Reply #4
Once the Scots leave the UK, there will be an influx of English and Welsh to move to Scotland before they leave.
Maybe that's exactly why he's complaining.

“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #5
Typical ex-colonists nonsense. If something is not understood or perhaps politically inept then not very subtle digs are handy to fall back on.  May i now further enlighten by saying the Scots economy under the nationalists is not doing very well and employmet in the same boat unlike the rest of the UK. Sturgeon the wee wiffie in the high heels (needs them or you would miss her) keeps occasionally yakking about the possibility of another referendum and she has had to do that becaue apart from SNP people who use brains there is a whole lot of their camp followers who are more militant and she is trying to keep them in their side.At the same time she is not up to using all the powers available and she knows too damn well that the collapse of oil and the economy freezing IS a problem. Tough but self-created.

Nice try colonel but just yawned.

Reply #6
All this, from people sitting on their hands? What about the people playing pocket-pool? :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #7
I'm still not saying how the UK is any better off than the US. English voters approved Brexit for about the same jackass reasons active Trump supporters choose their assclown as candidate. Maybe the Scottish economy isn't doing that great under the SNP, so what do you think Brexit will do to your economy? In that light, it makes more another Scottish independence referendum should Article 50 actually get invoked than the original one. It does make some sense if what you say about the Scottish economy is true; nationalists and revolutionaries tend to not know what to do if they're actually in power.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”

Reply #8
Americans did… :) It seems to have worked out pretty well, for us.
进行 ...

Reply #9
You keep trying to be funny Oaky as it covers your lacking boy.

Yes I stand by my point on the Nationalists and my stance on heir leader is unchanged as she knows nothing is automatic for the SNP any longer. At the recent Scottish Parliament Elections the SNP votes were down. The Scots Tories romped into second place being a strong Unionist corner and doubled their number of seats to 30. As I detailed even a former advisor to the previous First Minister that arrogant man, Salmond lost her set in Edinburgh to the Tories.. The revised powers of the Scottish government are some of the strongest of any localised power in the world but the Nats are holding back because of the crashing of oil and thousands of oil workers not sacked. They have been in power for 9 years and the usual guff when challenged on failings is "we are working on it." Eh - after all those years? Sturgeon in addition has a very great problem in the camp followers the SNP has. They are rowdy, ignorant and caused problems in streets during the elction and she is trying to balance the difficulty the SNP has running things and yakking on about another possible referendum to keep the camp followers happy. Great principled wee woman??

That the Scottish Conservative Party surged to those 30 seats and kicked Labour to the side, Sturgeon knows she has to be careful hence all the rubbish about visiting the EU when in hard facts she can do sod all. Scotland is IN the UK and she is clutching at straws whilst trying to keep the camp followers on board.

Next week I will be in a traditional organisation parade and at the head of each section will be the Union Flag and the Scottish Saltire (which the damn Nats act as if theirs)

Proud to be Scots
Proud to be British
 :knight:

Reply #10
Next week I will be in a traditional organisation parade and at the head of each section will be the Union Flag and the Scottish Saltire (which the damn Nats act as if theirs)
That's right. The annual prancing around in the streets with gay orange sashes. Being the resident expert on gaity around here, I hereby pronounce the parade as hella gay.

I texted these gentlemen to inform them that I need them to be 20% gayer at once to keep up with Scotland!

Reply #11
:)
进行 ...

Reply #13
You keep trying to be funny Oaky as it covers your lacking boy.

Yes I stand by my point on the Nationalists and my stance on heir leader is unchanged as she knows nothing is automatic for the SNP any longer. At the recent Scottish Parliament Elections the SNP votes were down. The Scots Tories romped into second place being a strong Unionist corner and doubled their number of seats to 30. As I detailed even a former advisor to the previous First Minister that arrogant man, Salmond lost her set in Edinburgh to the Tories.. The revised powers of the Scottish government are some of the strongest of any localised power in the world but the Nats are holding back because of the crashing of oil and thousands of oil workers not sacked. They have been in power for 9 years and the usual guff when challenged on failings is "we are working on it." Eh - after all those years? Sturgeon in addition has a very great problem in the camp followers the SNP has. They are rowdy, ignorant and caused problems in streets during the elction and she is trying to balance the difficulty the SNP has running things and yakking on about another possible referendum to keep the camp followers happy. Great principled wee woman??

That the Scottish Conservative Party surged to those 30 seats and kicked Labour to the side, Sturgeon knows she has to be careful hence all the rubbish about visiting the EU when in hard facts she can do sod all. Scotland is IN the UK and she is clutching at straws whilst trying to keep the camp followers on board.

Proud to be Scots
Proud to be British
 :knight:
You forgot to add, "Proud to be Independent", and regarding Scottish Independence, "Never Surrender!!!!"

Reply #14
So right in that last bit colonel.

As for midnight's satirical stuff, it doesn't take him much to fall back on his shirt lifter pals as an attempt at well, nothing! In addition i won't tell them where to stick the rainbow flags either as I only take pride in our national ones.

The SNP is a bit like Brigadoon and tries to aappeal to traditional Scottishness as if it was there fiefdom an no-one else's.  When they hd a parade through Edinburgh before the referendum in Edinburgh in actual fact they did not really amount to anything outstanding however when my Orange Order paraded in numbers for the Union to remain it vastly squashed that lot and drew a bigger crowd. Of course I know there are those who get carried away with SNP propaganda and when I spoke to a young woman in her late twenties who said she was voting yes to the independence referendum she could not give me  proper answer. At a local bus stop I got into a passing chat with a student in her mid-twenties who became very vicious when i said I was staying in and went ballistic. All very emotional but a load of cobblers.  When they had tables out in a main street in Glasgow city centre (no trafic) I challenged them and slagged them off as modern 18th century Jacobites and when one made the poor attempt at challenging me I reminded him that when there MP's came to Westminster they all wore white roses which had beedn the symbol of that bunch of Stewart Jacobites!

That wee mouth Sturgeon the Leader does have a very big problem with the more nasty followers who called people all sorts of names. They cursed and swore at NO spekars on the street and even threatened violence, etc. Well she helped create them and  her damn problem.

I am Scots a staunch loyalist and British/Scots. My ancestors did not give into a merciless king and fought until freedom in 1688 (thank you William of Orange!) so I stand by our old comments such as  - Not and inch -- No surrender!

ps The Howie monument is going on my new notepaper (and yes there is such a thing)

Reply #15
As for midnight's satirical stuff, it doesn't take him much to fall back on his shirt lifter pals as an attempt at well, nothing!
I don't know what you're talking about. Gay, as you've explained, means happy. Those gentlemen are smiling and happy, just as Orangemen are about their festivities. However, I feared they weren't being as gay as Orangemen are in their parade, so I texted them to cheer them up so they would be happier. :yes:

That being said, these Orangemen appear confused.

I don't have their phone numbers, so maybe I can figure how to get in touch with them on Facebook and cheer them up.

It remains unclear at this time if this gentleman lifts his skirt, but one would certainly hope not! :insane:

Reply #16
So right in that last bit colonel.

As for midnight's satirical stuff, it doesn't take him much to fall back on his shirt lifter pals as an attempt at well, nothing! In addition i won't tell them where to stick the rainbow flags either as I only take pride in our national ones.

The SNP is a bit like Brigadoon and tries to aappeal to traditional Scottishness as if it was there fiefdom an no-one else's.  When they hd a parade through Edinburgh before the referendum in Edinburgh in actual fact they did not really amount to anything outstanding however when my Orange Order paraded in numbers for the Union to remain it vastly squashed that lot and drew a bigger crowd. Of course I know there are those who get carried away with SNP propaganda and when I spoke to a young woman in her late twenties who said she was voting yes to the independence referendum she could not give me  proper answer. At a local bus stop I got into a passing chat with a student in her mid-twenties who became very vicious when i said I was staying in and went ballistic. All very emotional but a load of cobblers.  When they had tables out in a main street in Glasgow city centre (no trafic) I challenged them and slagged them off as modern 18th century Jacobites and when one made the poor attempt at challenging me I reminded him that when there MP's came to Westminster they all wore white roses which had beedn the symbol of that bunch of Stewart Jacobites!

That wee mouth Sturgeon the Leader does have a very big problem with the more nasty followers who called people all sorts of names. They cursed and swore at NO spekars on the street and even threatened violence, etc. Well she helped create them and  her damn problem.

I am Scots a staunch loyalist and British/Scots. My ancestors did not give into a merciless king and fought until freedom in 1688 (thank you William of Orange!) so I stand by our old comments such as  - Not and inch -- No surrender!

ps The Howie monument is going on my new notepaper (and yes there is such a thing)
Would you post a link/picture to this Howie monument please?

Reply #17
Here you are....
https://canmore.org.uk/collection/1144335
https://canmore.org.uk/collection/1144339
https://canmore.org.uk/collection/1144219

During the 17th century the King attempted to force Episcopacy on the Presbyterians up here and change the Church of Scotland.  large numbers of Scots had signed a Covenant sheet (250,000)  in an Edinburgh church yard sheet defending their tradition. Many ministers were forced out of kirks and instead had services out in country areas but many raided by the king's soldiers and imprisoned or executed.  These Covenanters would not give in to a bad monarch and the farmhouse at Lochgoin (sometime known as the Howie farmhouse) was the scene for services. John Howie wrote a great book on the Covenanters who refused to give in and they continued until the arrival of William Prince of Orange who rescued them. At one service at the farm  the people heard the thunder of fast hooves and thought it might be soldiers but someone shouted it was not and called "It is John Howie. Maybe he has news for us?" He drew the horse up and shouted to the local laird and the crowd. "Huzzah, huzzah, Scotland hs declared for Prince William we are free."

In the farmhouse to this day there is a room set aside with a large Bible a Covenanter's flag etc and a drum along with a visitor's book. The Covenanters would not give in no matter what was done to them and the Howies would never include .surrender. as an option and I contentedly maintain that stance today! The book written in the early 1800's on those great Prot heroes by John Howie is out of print but I managed to get  copy (from the Sottish Protestant Union  :yes: )

Reply #18
Here you are....
https://canmore.org.uk/collection/1144335
https://canmore.org.uk/collection/1144339
https://canmore.org.uk/collection/1144219

During the 17th century the King attempted to force Episcopacy on the Presbyterians up here and change the Church of Scotland.  large numbers of Scots had signed a Covenant sheet (250,000)  in an Edinburgh church yard sheet defending their tradition. Many ministers were forced out of kirks and instead had services out in country areas but many raided by the king's soldiers and imprisoned or executed.  These Covenanters would not give in to a bad monarch and the farmhouse at Lochgoin (sometime known as the Howie farmhouse) was the scene for services. John Howie wrote a great book on the Covenanters who refused to give in and they continued until the arrival of William Prince of Orange who rescued them. At one service at the farm  the people heard the thunder of fast hooves and thought it might be soldiers but someone shouted it was not and called "It is John Howie. Maybe he has news for us?" He drew the horse up and shouted to the local laird and the crowd. "Huzzah, huzzah, Scotland hs declared for Prince William we are free."

In the farmhouse to this day there is a room set aside with a large Bible a Covenanter's flag etc and a drum along with a visitor's book. The Covenanters would not give in no matter what was done to them and the Howies would never include .surrender. as an option and I contentedly maintain that stance today! The book written in the early 1800's on those great Prot heroes by John Howie is out of print but I managed to get  copy (from the Sottish Protestant Union  :yes: )
Much appreciated, and an interesting read! :cheers:

Reply #19
Yes and it can be clearly seen from the main road well south of Glasgow near Eaglesham and my late mother wanted to go and see it which she did before she passed away. My brother drove us and my late father' brother down on a balmy afternoon. The Covenanters were strong people and would not give in and my tradition was well into that!
I hope one day to arrange a "conventicle" service of my fellow Orangemen down there at the farmhouse and monument on our traditional theme of not surrendering and as an Ulster famous political leader said before the split over in Ireland, "Not an inch."

On the general thread the Uni professor who taught that wee mouth woman Nicola Sturgeon Law (she should have stuck with that instead of politics.) has publicly been critical of her. Says she is wrong in her attitude and that the SNP is strictly controlled and told what to think and say. Unlike other parties who wil sometimes have people exercising their thinning on an issue that is a no-no with the independence freaks.  The SNP has been very critical of other parties where people are cumfy and business minded and yet at the weekend it was revealed by a newspaper of a list of SNP MPs and MEPS who are commercial and not short of a few quid.

As an aside to the routine SNP stuff i find it very interesting how much of the Muslim community here are SNP inclined. One SNP Minister in the Scottish Government has a complete highland dress he sometimes wears! (her constituency has a large swell from that corner!) It is perhaps unfair when someone once wondered why sturgeon and her husband had no children but that maybe could not be solved but she would have been better spending all that over the top emotional stuff on adopting a child and that would have been nice.  And another aside is the number of nationalist Brigadoon mentals who are Republican but try to be discreet on it on votes. Such hypocrisy..

We have had massive sums spent changing names on every railway station platform signs in Scotland. There are only 50,000 who speak that tongue and could fill the town across the city boundary from me (Clydebank). Now I don't mind a traditional tongue for an area to get help but far to much is dished out for this and a nationalist nonsense. But not all there's as the Glasgow City Council re-did a Secondary School in the city as a Gaelic Secondary (11 - 17 years) and they are Labour!  Along my avenue a Nat has a big pole and Scottish saltire flag which annoys because they have more or less stole that as it it is theirs which is annoying. So the order is going in for a union Flag and pole for my front garden and next week when out on parade with my associates every section is always led by a Union Flag AND Scots Saltire.

No surrender!  :knight:  :hat:

Reply #20
I suppose not many hear have looked at the PM Question Time which rjh was referring to in his OP, but I did and can confirm what he said about it.

A little background though; The SNP is Scotland is single-mindedly pursuing a policy of independence for Scotland regardless of the result of the Scottish Referendum and it dominates everything they do. The Strategy in Westminster, where they have several Members of Parliament, is to disagree with everything and whinge about the rest. It is part of a general strategy of sowing discord in the UK in the hope that Scottish and English will turn against each other and increase the chances of Scottish separation. Fortunately it has not had quite that effect since the majority of opinion in Scotland has, by the latest poll, shown much the same as it was during the Referendum a couple of years ago.

The PM Question time differed from the usual formal with a lot of tributes and good wishes given for Cameron's future extended by all sides of the house, spiced with humour and only the mildest of political digs. The SNP were quite different and I would imagine that most non-SNP in Scotland were embarrassed by the SNP display of surly hostility. It was clearly partr of the enrqal policy of sowing enmity .

There is some chance that the SNP Government will go for a new referendum on some pretext; not a great chance however  because they want to make sure the dice is loaded in their favour first. They calculated that Brexit (a silly decision in my view) would annoy the Scots (who voted strongly against it) and tip the balance in their favour but this has not happened. If the SNP organise a Referendum I doubt that it will be given legal status by the UK Government on several grounds, not the least of which is that a Referendum has just been held and also that there is insufficient case made for another referendum during this period of flux.

Reply #21
The reason why Sturgeon mouth keeps every few days suggesting another referendum is due to the camp followers she has who are getting tetchy. She has said before they would need to see a poll where they have 60% support to have a vote and knows fine well in her own brain that is NOT there but has to cope with all those despicable and arrogant people who are  hell bent. Instead the SNP government should be acting like a government  but don't Scotland#s biggest trade is with south of the damn border not Europe. The same Nats merged all the police forces into one and what have we had? Errors, mistakes, police stations closed and a mess-up. Health matters and education are both trailing. The utterly ridiculous thing they brought in on supervising every child in Scotland was like something out of the old Soviet Union. Every child would get an appointed person to link with every kid born up to 18 years of age.  Thankfully people rallied, raised funds and too the matter to the UK Supreme Court who declared it all illegal.  Now as they are taking over matters of tax and Welfare payments they are saying the word "welfare payments" must stop? Uh? Projects get delayed and schools worse off. time after damn time when Sturgeon is forced away from all the emotional Scottish cries and pushed as to why their are police, health, project failings, unemploymen and economy in decline what do we get? "Yes we know there are problems but we are working on them." Nine years into running things and we are still getting that utter stupid answer mode.

Reply #22
The signs are, from the SNP Collective, that Sturgeon will call for a new Referendum the day after the UK invokes Clause 50. It may be bluff on Sturgeon's part but that is what NP Members are trumpeting.

Recently she demanded of Theresa May that Scotland conducts its own negotiation with the EU, which May has refused because it is a UK responsibility. She will argue that Scotland should leave the UK during the period of 2 years that the Negotiation may take and thus have a "shoe-in" for EU Membership. She's wrong on several counts of course, but some are gullible enough to fall for the argument. .... and that includes Sturgeon herself.

However I think she has now put herself and her party in a lose/lose situation but she has not yet realised it.

Reply #23
Yes you have a point there.

Sturgeon has time after time come out with this guff about the possibility of another Referendum and why> Because the more mouthy and arrogant people who flocked to their corner are making life difficult for her. She has always leaned towards the need to have 60% of Scots wanting what she wants and she knows too damn well in that she has a problem. Even on the European referendum they came out with some vicious stuff. One SNP MEP said he would not deal with Barrhead travel (has over 800 staff) because the own was a Brexit man. Other company owners got the same thing. Even that writer, Rowling got terrible abuse and it puts pressure on mouthy Sturgeon but she has brought it on herself. During the Scots Referendum, Nationalists also came out on streets and they cursed and swore at the leader on a party opposing them to the point of spitting and threatening violence.

The Independence bunch of brain misfits are full of being emotional and historical twits. It is a narrow mindedness as well. It is beyond their childish emotion that somehow it is not  to be Scots and British. At snarling at that a Pakistani Muslim  SNP Minister who wears Highland gear is perfectly fine though. Uh?? It is all control freakery. Now the latest failing by these Scottish Nose Pickers (real meaning of SNP??) is that as well as the police amalgamation mess, the national health Service and education issues Scotland is the worst place in GB for  the state of roads. The Nats are modern Jacobites with or without those daft white flowers that were worn away back at the time of the Battle of Culloden. They were beaten then by an army made up of as many Scots as English and that was brilliant and I will maintain the Culloden tradition in 2016! :knight:

Reply #24
Is this the "wider" democracy you'd wish upon your cousins across the sea? If so, you're a vile man! :)
进行 ...