Skip to main content
Topic: The Police State mentality continues virtually unchecked. (Read 10577 times)

Re: The Police State mentality continues virtually unchecked.

Reply #50
It is rather head shaking for a police spokesman to say that latest shooting was a mistake. It is sadly such an inherent state of affairs that has in practice went on so long that too many officers think they can do what they like and in all honesty those that are held responsible for being ignorant, stupid or just crassly arrogant are such a tiny minority. There is unfortunately a very deep running problem covering not just training but the mindset of too many who once in a uniform and armed know they will get away with anything.  This particular routine incident is yakked as a "mistake" even though the therapist was lying on the ground with arms in the air and calling out ?  The retired captain I have referred to was so correct when he queried the thinking of too many in police forces. It is a sad tradition but more than that it is a definitive failing of what they are meant to be.

If there is not a very deep revolution in policing then people are not going to be very confident, helpful or trusting and that is terrible.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #51
What you never mention, Howie, is the level of crime that's acceptable… Which is why I keep bringing up Rotherham.

You seem to prefer both your citizens and your police be neutered, while your criminals are given free rein. (Another question, RJ: You like to walk; so do I. I've always enjoyed walking through neighborhoods -as well as the countryside. Do you walk through Pollokshields and Govanhill? If not, ask yourself why…)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #52
And who guards the Guardians? asked the Romans.
Course that was too much advanced to Americans. Two thousand years later they don't still realize it....
A matter of attitude.

Reply #53
It is rather head shaking for a police spokesman to say that latest shooting was a mistake. I

More on this

They tried to say the SWAT time meant to shot the autistic man but hit Kinsey instead, as if that's any better.  But how can a supposedly trained SWAT team member miss his target and actually hit the wrong person from so close? If that incredible story is true, then why did the police handcuff KInsey and leave him bleeding in the street for twenty minutes?

Police Commander Emile Hollant is suspended for giving "conflicting statements" about the matter in an attempt to cover his tracks.

This part is strange:

A separate internal affairs investigation into Aledda focused on a man’s claim that the officer used too much force during a robbery investigation. Though the man turned out to be a victim of that crime, Aledda was cleared of any misconduct.
Aledda is the officer that shot Kinsey. What the hell, he used excessive force against the victim of the robbery?

“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #54
Oakdale you are just being directly stupid. I have been doing projects in my train and tram simulator stuff and i know Pollokshields and Govanhill very well over on the southside of my city. They are nothing like what goes on over in gunland across the Atlantic. You keep rabbiting on about that place in England which is no comparision to the killings going on in your homeland nor the fact there are 2.3 million in jails. We do NOT need a static armed police and we are happy with that but then ours are better trained than what passes for the sem-military style policing going on over the pond. Now onto to someone a bit more normal, midnight raccoon.

That was an interesting point midnight to inform us on and you are right to wonder how a SWAT situation which was as you know so very close yet could not get the Autistic man but bullet the helper instead. And anyway the Autistic bloke would have been easy to have dealt with as he was just sitting on the roadway surely without shooting!  I am glad to hear that the police chief has been suspended and that IS good news so thanks for that info.  The general traditional police world has a terrible history and modern phones are only catching up with what the uniformed bully or killers have got away with for too long. It is in fact a sad thing as well as being morally wrong and we can only live on hope.  :worried:

Reply #55
And anyway the Autistic bloke would have been easy to have dealt with as he was just sitting on the roadway surely without shooting!
Shoot first and ask later. An entire society fits inside a series B western lousy book.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #56
Spot on.