Skip to main content
Topic: The Police State mentality continues virtually unchecked. (Read 10574 times)

The Police State mentality continues virtually unchecked.

Now Obama has had to come out and state the higher ratio of blacks being stopped, arrested and shot. Watching occasional officers being interviewed was a shocking experince on one programme I watched. Even experts in training have had to admit that far too many police in the US have short spans before they want to shoot. patience does not come into it nor honesty. Time after time we see incidients where unarmed people are shot and not just once but several times as the police think they can do what they damn well like. The other night here I came across a programme where a team of police experts from the US were over here and wondered how things operated with a police force not armed in regular duties.  But the thing they noticed was how wide and detailed the training was and the bottom line was a baton and in places a taser, perhaps.  It surprised them as the average city police force over the pond is too quick to raise things and just damn well gun people down. Too often the gun just comes out too quickly and even when they are basically guilty of killing someone in over 97% of incidents a cop will get away with it.

It has been said that the Dallas Police department is a reasonable one and that may well be factual but in general terms you people over there have a very long and deep problem in your police. Guns come out too quickly and especially when the other person is unarmed.  It shows my point is that it is far too quick for someone to get beaten unconscious, choked to death or just plain shot and the police know they will get away with it.  With all sorts of military equipment, army vehicles and so on the national impression being given to the world shows Americans have a very long and deep rooted violent policed system.

Tragic and disgraceful is putting it mildly.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: The Police State mentality continues virtually unchecked.

Reply #1
In other news, in the UK:

1. The Conservative Party has collapsed and somehow regurgitated Theresa May to be the next PM. No General Election (YAY DEMOCRACY AMIRITE???)

2. The Labour Pary has also collapsed; difference between the Tories and Labour is that Corbyn has agreed to be the constipatory turd to muddle Labour ever further into obscurity, as he refuses to be flushed down the political toilet as he so richly deserves to have done.

3. Lib Dems have gained loads of supporters but for naught, as May will initiate Article 50 ASAP. Poor Lib Dems.

4. Scotland is looking strongly at independence again, with N. Ireland considering joining up with the Republic of Ireland to finally heal Ireland of it's unfortunate divide. All because of the pig fornicator, David Cameron and his jolly band of Tories:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBumQHPAeU[/video]

Reply #2
As always, Howie, you get almost all of the facts wrong… But you sure do seem to enjoy your telly! And you prejudices.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #3
Load of side-stepping cobblers from the red neck mentalities of Oakdale and colonel.

The Tories were not in a state of collapse at all but followed the procedure for electing a new Leader - only the Labour Party is a disaster. At no time were the Tories in the left's state. You are either trying to be fly southern boy or American ignorance of factuals here is beyond you. Ulster is British and will stay so and i would remind that the only people wanting Ulster to be in Eire is the Sinn  Fein (remember them - well funded by ex-colonists). SF cannot win the NI Assembly not do the majority of people in the Province want to be in with the south and that includes people of a more moderate Irish nationalism or RC) So a load of tripe. The 2 of you did something together that proves what you lot do with a mess in your own country and that is change the subject as it is too near the damn truth;

Your own President (not Oakdale when it comes to correct stats) indicated in a speech this week the truth about police killing and race matters.  Too many police forces over there in dangerland are far too quick on dishing out death and get away with it; The after time we see thanks to mobile phones what the police have got away with for decades before they existed. Around 97% of polie who have gunned down someone get away with it. They do not have patience nor common sense and poorly trained.  Even situations in other countries that are handled without almost automatically being gunned down show how bad you are over there. They don't like being challenged or contradicted and one has to ask why unarmed people need be pumped with a selection of bullets. It does not take long for the city police forces to get too damn haughty as they think they re beyond reproach and heaven help you if you cross swords with them. Rifles, semi-automatics, armoured army cars and so on what a damnable police state mindset.

Even when i mentioned the retired Philly captain who said there is an inbuilt problem was ignored here a while ago.  Arrogance, conceit and acting as if they can do what they like is a national weakness and even allowing for sensible officers the national situation is a country wide disgrace and they act above the law because they have got away with it for far too long.  An awful lot of them would not get such a job in sensible countries.

Reply #4
Even situations in other countries that are handled without almost automatically being gunned down show how bad you are over there.
How'd that work out in Paris…? :(
You seem, RJ, to want police to be nannies (which is what you were, before you retired…). You'll note, your wishes are no longer being followed: British police are increasingly armed and dangerous! (Just not dangerous to actual bad guys — that would be non-PC, eh? :) )

I understand that you feel you and your "country" are fairly safe, since you are inconsequential — and you'll soon be dead, being as old as you are and having no progeny. That makes me think you're a mean old spiteful man who just has an axe to grind — that he's never explained!
What's your problem, RJ? (Besides being you…)
进行 ...

Reply #5
The Tories were not in a state of collapse at all but followed the procedure for electing a new Leader - only the Labour Party is a disaster.
Probably both parties will be in state of collapse as the UK disintegrates, huh?
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #6

RJ.....thought you'd be gone by now.....guess we're stuck with you....Howie, who would figure that you'd be behind this RJ Classic Post.....   :eyes:  :lol:

Well, I've been following all these stories, in the real world...not here, or online...simply, I have a close personal friend who was in the thick of it in Dallas......one who will be OK they say.

JFYI....I will not elaborate on that at any time in the future....so don't bother....enough said.

Today, I came across this video that says a lot, so I thought I'd share it with ya'll......

What it says to me is .....take a deep, deep breath & relax.....relax & compose.....until we actually know what happened, & why. Until then do your best to ignore all the race baiting the media will be hyping.....after all it's their job to increase viewership, & attract readers.......as opposed to actually ensuring you get the facts so you can make educated decisions pertaining to the aforementioned drama.

That said.....please watch the posted video, & feel free to spout on.....after you've actually watched it:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJPFdS6SSgQ[/VIDEO]
     In times of universal deceit, telling the honest truth is a revolutionary act.

Reply #7
A powerful presentation of a narrative long ago rejected by our "betters": People are responsible for what they do.
Nowadays, it's all politics…
进行 ...

Reply #8
I didn't watch the vid till the end since the subject isn't something I'm really interested in.
Nevertheles there is a very short passage at the begin of the vid that attracted my attention.
It starts around 1:46 and lasts a few seconds. It's about the year 2012(?) and the number of arrests for that year.
Can please a native English speaker (or someone better at English than me) confirm the year and especially the number of arrests for that year?
I'd like to make sure that my ears don't deceive me. ;)

Reply #9
Can please a native English speaker (or someone better at English than me) confirm the year and especially the number of arrests for that year?
Year 2012, just under 12.2 million arrests.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #10
He repeats the number three times in a row, so he likely means it. Americans must think arrest is good for your blood pressure or something.

Reply #11
He does have a point of sorts — the amount of deaths from police shootings in the US isn't quite as bad compared to other civilized societies when you look at it relative to the total number of arrests.[1] It's simply that the total number of arrests is more than six times as high per capita…

Basically his argument can be summarized as, "it's not stupendously horrific, it's merely quite bad indeed."
In the Netherlands it's quite high at 1 in 5 million deaths through police shootings; only the US and Canada have more; in the UK it's fairly low at 1 in 27 million (source).

Reply #12
Year 2012, just under 12.2 million arrests.
Thanks Luxor.

The USA had 2012 a population of 314.1 million.
Among those, 12.2 millions got arrested (some might have been arrested twice). However that's almost 3.9% if we count babies and childrens as well. If we count only adults the percentage is even higher. That's an alarming high number for a wealthy country, the most technological advanced one in the world.
I can't tell if the USA has a police psychology problem or a racial problem. Even if there are such real cases, I don't think that they are relevant.
Looking at these numbers there is a much bigger problem there, namely a social one IMHO.
Nobody gets born with the criminal gene in his/her DNA!

Reply #13
Load of side-stepping cobblers from the red neck mentalities of Oakdale and colonel.

The Tories were not in a state of collapse at all but followed the procedure for electing a new Leader - only the Labour Party is a disaster. At no time were the Tories in the left's state. You are either trying to be fly southern boy or American ignorance of factuals here is beyond you. Ulster is British and will stay so and i would remind that the only people wanting Ulster to be in Eire is the Sinn  Fein (remember them - well funded by ex-colonists). SF cannot win the NI Assembly not do the majority of people in the Province want to be in with the south and that includes people of a more moderate Irish nationalism or RC) So a load of tripe. The 2 of you did something together that proves what you lot do with a mess in your own country and that is change the subject as it is too near the damn truth;

Your own President (not Oakdale when it comes to correct stats) indicated in a speech this week the truth about police killing and race matters.  Too many police forces over there in dangerland are far too quick on dishing out death and get away with it; The after time we see thanks to mobile phones what the police have got away with for decades before they existed. Around 97% of polie who have gunned down someone get away with it. They do not have patience nor common sense and poorly trained.  Even situations in other countries that are handled without almost automatically being gunned down show how bad you are over there. They don't like being challenged or contradicted and one has to ask why unarmed people need be pumped with a selection of bullets. It does not take long for the city police forces to get too damn haughty as they think they re beyond reproach and heaven help you if you cross swords with them. Rifles, semi-automatics, armoured army cars and so on what a damnable police state mindset.

Even when i mentioned the retired Philly captain who said there is an inbuilt problem was ignored here a while ago.  Arrogance, conceit and acting as if they can do what they like is a national weakness and even allowing for sensible officers the national situation is a country wide disgrace and they act above the law because they have got away with it for far too long.  An awful lot of them would not get such a job in sensible countries.
Thank you once again for your "load of keech", Dr. Howie-Goebbels.

Load of nonsense of course, but as always, an amusing read.

Happy Bastille Day Mr. Howie!

Reply #14
.after you've actually watched it:
At 1:55, the war on drugs is successful?

Alton Sterling was certainly not reaching for a gun. This [/url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdGXhSQvTKc] news report has multiple videos of the shooting. It doesn't even seem possible for Sterling to have been reaching for a gun. Even the GOP governor of Louisiana is disturbed by this. Maybe this is why the guy in Smiley's video doesn't actually show what happened.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”

Reply #15
The the Daily Beast also has video of the shooting.

“I swear to God if you fucking move!” one of the officers yelled, pointing his gun at Sterling’s chest. “He’s got a gun! Gun!”
Muflahi’s video does not appear to support the officer’s claim that Sterling’s gun represented an active threat: It appears to have been in a pocket and never reached his hand. Instead, the video shows Sterling pinned down, shot twice in the chest, and then shot four more times.

After mortally wounding him, one of the officers removes an object from Sterling’s right pants pocket. (Police during a Wednesday press conference refused to comment on whether Sterling had a gun.)

“Fuck!” one cop yells into his radio. “10-4, 10-4… shots fired! Shots fired!”

Sterling was still alive, the video capturing his left hand moving over a dark pool of blood filling the center of his red T-shirt. When paramedics arrived minutes later, Sterling was dead.

Sterling did have a gun, but was not attempting to pull it on the cops. As I said in the previous post, it doesn't appear that he could have even if he wanted to. Sterling was selling bootleg CDs and DVDs in front of the store. That was misdemeanor, not a death penalty offense.

Reply #16
Firstly to the limited brains across the ocean.

British politics were NOT in collapse. The Conservatives got a new leader may I remind you mental layabouts within days following the PM resignation. Now to the main point that all you Yankee boys and the trainee one south of the Mason-Dixon are doing just what is always done here on this damn forum time after time. You cannot answer what the whole world sees about your police mavericks. You simply ignore the problem that even the President had to admit to and what sheer every weeks statistics show.

The police are far too quick to pull a gun and shoot you and seem to need a whole bunch of bullets. Even on the rare occasions an officer is held 9 times out of 10 will get away with it. It is an even worse situation in that it is a regular thing to get gunned down not just with a bullet but a damnable fusillade of them. Increasingly looking like soldiers it shows how bad the police thing is in the place that boasts about democracy, rights, freedoms, etc. They think they are something special keep a system that allows police to do what they dashed well like as they are supposed to be exercising the law. Don't make me laugh. Too many of them have short mental fuses and quicken things up into bad situations and then draw the gun and pump away even if a person is weapon-less. Intellegence, common-sense? nope they would fit in a mental hospital easily!

A lot of your so-called "police" would not last in a civilised country and that they think they can do what they like because of a uniform is the same mentality as a dictatorship.

True to form none of you can face the hard truth that the world sees all the time happening in the land of the free and home of the brave. Just as well the Nazis didn't win WW2 as they would have been able to incorporarate so many policemen into the SS. You lot cannot face the hard statistics the weekly scenes on television and the comments of your own leadership. That you just get into the routine bodyswerving says more than your limited grey cells allow...... :down:

Pathetic and bodyswervers.

Reply #17
@rjhowie : Hundreds upon thousands upon millions of times, I have posted the facts to you. As you do in much else that doesn't suit your view on things, you totally disregard the facts, type up a paragraph of rambling rubbish about your favorite former colonial outpost, who has now surpassed the crumbling motherland in all aspects, and then proceed to question why we won't directly respond to your so-asserted "facts".

Quite ironic, really, old chap. :sherlock:

Reply #18
Firstly to the limited brains across the ocean.
There is no secondly to the limited brains this side the ocean. Like myself.
This is discrimination based on limited brains. Limited brains are an human right, so I protest.
Besides, it's against the forum rules.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #19
"Stupid is as stupid does…" :)

(By way of apology for quoting Forrest Gump's mother, I'll re-tell my favorite bon home [yes, intentional…] of hers: "Life is like a box of chocolates: You always know what you're going to get — all the good ones are gone, and the rest have finger-holes poked in 'em!")

Another point that Howie never answered: Why were British police so cowed and ineffectual because of Political Correctness (multi-culti stuff) that they allowed the rapes (…that's rape, RJ, as in little girls being molested in the extreme – you know, sticking it in'em; gotta hurt, eh?) Well, you need waiters, huh?
That shit went on for almost 20 years, you daft liberal dingbat! And, still, you don't care… As long as you've got your National Health and your telly.
I've lost all respect for you.
进行 ...

Reply #20
Rubbish colonel. Never has any Yank or half-Yank (allowing for you-hoo) ever been able to answer the long list and history I have named on Opera or here.

I notice well in this thread the total inability to have an explanation for the way so much of the police force works ovr there as a law unto themselves.  Most of them would not get such a job in other places and certainly not here (and don't desperately use that as an excuse to deviate as the American norm here).  The number of police abuses is the States is enormous and when I said (twice) that a retired senior officer in a big city had doubts about how they are trained or mental ability to cope that was as usual, ignored.  They are impatient and when there is a disagreement between a policeman and a member of the public they do not like the person exercising their right! Impatience slides in quickly then intimidation and not long before an excuse to pull the gun out.  In one recoding I watched a white man (change eh) was cycling at night in his suburb with his dog )(lead in the hand on the handlebar) and was stopped by a police car. The officer wanted to know where he was going and then started getting very haughty and refused to say to the man why he was being stopped. Then handcuffed and pushed on the ground and thumped. We have all seen occasions such as the time a whole squad of police battered a back man lying on the ground in Los Angeles and the other black who got choked to death by a team. Plenty of times unarmed people have been battered or shot even when the "culprit" is unarmed.

One could see the point if police batterings or shootings of innocents were rare but they are NOT.  In the vast number the police get away with it and the official namby-pamby thing comes out with the police being there "to defend us". What a scandalou attitude and a long tradition grew up here that was the norm long before people had mobile phones (cell phones as I am dealing with ex-colonists).  You have too many police officers who automatically think that being in a uniform and abadge they are a world of their own and having traditionally got away with it still at it. The actuality shows that you do have a police problem whether you like it or not and in a land where there are more guns than people hardly surprising that the police have got away with it for so long.

You know you have a problem so why you try to ignore it is beyond sense and would soon finish this thread.

Reply #21
So… You'll be voting for Hillary, or Obama again!?
And you're okay with little girls being raped, because…why? Oh, they can't help it; it's their culture. And your bobbies can't help, because they're PC, if they want to get promoted or even stay on the job. Okay. Got it.
But you focus on your telly's reports of isolated incidents in the U.S.… Once again, I ask you: Why?
Dare you answer…? No; I think not.
进行 ...

Reply #22
Can you not make an attempt to answer the thread challenge as to whyn your police are so damn brutal, kill happy and increasingly militarised?  :wait:

Reply #23
Rubbish colonel. Never has any Yank or half-Yank (allowing for you-hoo) ever been able to answer the long list and history I have named on Opera or here.

I notice well in this thread the total inability to have an explanation for the way so much of the police force works ovr there as a law unto themselves.  Most of them would not get such a job in other places and certainly not here (and don't desperately use that as an excuse to deviate as the American norm here).  The number of police abuses is the States is enormous and when I said (twice) that a retired senior officer in a big city had doubts about how they are trained or mental ability to cope that was as usual, ignored.  They are impatient and when there is a disagreement between a policeman and a member of the public they do not like the person exercising their right! Impatience slides in quickly then intimidation and not long before an excuse to pull the gun out.  In one recoding I watched a white man (change eh) was cycling at night in his suburb with his dog )(lead in the hand on the handlebar) and was stopped by a police car. The officer wanted to know where he was going and then started getting very haughty and refused to say to the man why he was being stopped. Then handcuffed and pushed on the ground and thumped. We have all seen occasions such as the time a whole squad of police battered a back man lying on the ground in Los Angeles and the other black who got choked to death by a team. Plenty of times unarmed people have been battered or shot even when the "culprit" is unarmed.

One could see the point if police batterings or shootings of innocents were rare but they are NOT.  In the vast number the police get away with it and the official namby-pamby thing comes out with the police being there "to defend us". What a scandalou attitude and a long tradition grew up here that was the norm long before people had mobile phones (cell phones as I am dealing with ex-colonists).  You have too many police officers who automatically think that being in a uniform and abadge they are a world of their own and having traditionally got away with it still at it. The actuality shows that you do have a police problem whether you like it or not and in a land where there are more guns than people hardly surprising that the police have got away with it for so long.

You know you have a problem so why you try to ignore it is beyond sense and would soon finish this thread.
No, you still remain adamant in moving the goal posts, swerving, etc.

In any case, in this state, we've only had once incident, and it was in Elvis Presley's hometown of Tupelo: Antwan Shumpert was killed by police under strange circumstances.

The local police here have been quite helpful to me; indeed, had a woman with too many damn kids in her car not pay attention to me, and hit the back end of my car when i was stopped at a red light on Wednesday morning. The police were quite courteous, helpful, and got the report done quickly (damn woman didn't have any insurance).