Skip to main content
Topic: NATO nonsense (Read 50272 times)

Re: NATO nonsense

Reply #75
More propaganda guff about Putin and shows how well brains can be misused.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #76
And yet you can't show how that's wrong...
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #78
Are you trying to deny Germany's responsibilities in Europe destruction and the consequent subjection to the USA?
Germany's economic strength is not the result of subjection to the USA.
Speaking of subjection to the USA, how about the coalition of the willings? Are you really so short of memory?
As for responsabilities, of course Germany has its own part of share. However, we don't make Europe's rules alone.
According to you, German tax payers paying for you are slaves while 'revolutionary' Portuguese like you who don't pay taxes are clever.
How about cleaning up the mess at home before pointing your finger at others?

The moment the USA stops considering Europe as a significant asset to their worldwide strategy is the moment you'll see Putin's teeth.
You can wait for that moment till you die. The USA considers the whole world to be their asset. However, it has still to struggle with some reluctant parts of it...

Between American's continuous, repeated and successive errors and Putin's cold efficacy, I prefer the first as the best way to keep Europe surviving.
Just another baffled phraze of yours. Europe's surving warranted by "American's continuous, repeated and successive errors"?  :faint:

NATO keeps on being necessary for Europe.
What for? I've asked you before this question and got only empty phrazes as response.
Europe doesn't need neither US military bases nor NATO. What it needs is a joint European armed force protecting European interests.

Reply #79
These are different ideas of "defence", like territorial defence and projection of force. European defence has during the Cold War been primarily been the former, Battlefield Europe. Most European countries don't do the latter that well. Right now I am at the primary air force base in Norway, and a week ago I could watch an F16 fly low over the family farm for the first time in my life (a loud piece of American technology). Territorial defence has had lesser presence in defence thinking until very recently.

Reply #80
Most European countries don't do the latter that well.
Agreed, but NATO is about the former. I want a European Defense Force for both.

a week ago I could watch an F16 fly low over the family farm for the first time in my life (a loud piece of American technology).
I'm well familiar with naval and air force exercises. Put another way, I kind of know what an earthquake feels like, but I've never felt an earthquake. More concretely, they regularly perform target practice on the big uninhabited beach of Vlieland. But yeah, F16 fly by, but they don't go beyond the speed of sound (anymore) in the vicinity of inhabited areas. What I'm not personally familiar with are the best tanks in the world — you know, the ones we sold to Saudi Arabia. Not that they're of much use if you don't (air)ship 'em to Srebrenica, but that's another matter. I forget, was it the French or the Americans who denied air support, even from our own F16s? Such are the joys of NATO command structure.

Reply #81
Not directly related to NATO
The price of dependency and an example of some indirect costs of being at someone's leash...
It's by far not only about France but I stumbled upon this article today.

Of course Portugal is among those European countries affected the least... :)

Reply #82
Hm, interesting. Quite a hypocritical little group.

Reply #83
What it needs is a joint European armed force protecting European interests.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ruled by the fifth Reich? The same way you've been doing with the EU? By your Merkel Fuher?

I'll answer you when I have the time. To that abomination and all the rest.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #84
You are so very wrong krake about Putin and you seem taken in by the silly Western propaganda. Every year he appears in front of a public audience for around 4 hours answering questions and quite happy to be so each year. A couple of years ago I watched him visiting a tv station and agreed to speak to a group of around half a dozen of it's senior news people and like that 4 hour thing excelled himself in knowledge and handling.

Reply #85
Ruled by the fifth Reich? The same way you've been doing with the EU? By your Merkel Fuher?
Fifth? But you seem to have an unconditional problem with the idea of a German "Reich". I don't. The Holy Roman Empire was okay. The united Bismarck Germany wasn't too bad either. The Hitler Empire was awful. A fourth (or fifth) present-day GermanEuropean Empire would be morally superior to all empires past and present for the time being. :)

Reply #86
What a bunch of cold war creation NATO is. It should have been got rid of when the Warsaw Pact lot went. Now troops funnelled into Poland and the Baltic States. When did Russia indicate it wanted to invade the Baltics or Poland? And that clown who is the person in charge of NATO was on television saying how united everyone was. Yet the President of France said publicly that there is no problem with Putin or Russia re France. Greece and Italy said similar - so much for the so-called unity. And the President of the USA came on moaning about how most of the NATO members are NOT spending 2% of their GDP on military.
NATO started in 1949, responding to the Cold War which started in 1947.
You will find some discussion about the cause of the Cold war here

Regarding yor remarks about Crimea, you seem to forget that Russia was a signatory to the treaty which guaranteed the territorial integrity of the Ukraine, incorporating the Crimea within it. Russia invaded the Ukraine and annexed the Crimea, not Europe, not the USA.

Then there's is the little matters of the shooting down of that airliner, the Cuban missile affair, the murders on British soil  committed/facilitated and covered up by Russia, all the way back to Crabb.

Maybe you care for a nice cup of Polonium Tea, but I don't.

Reply #87
You are simply being brained by Western propaganda.

Russia did NOT invade Ukraine and it even supplied the mess of a country with fuel and owed big money by Ukraine for it. The Crimea voted to want to back to where it wanted and that was perfectly legitimate just in the same way the West was content for the referendum on Kosovo.  You are also brained on the plane because we do not know who shot it down at all. You just automatically shove it into the Russian corner so may I remind you that much of the Ukrainian weaponry was got from Russia! As for the 2 Eastern parts of Ukraine which have more or less seceded may I also remind you that Russia has publicly said a long time ago that it does not want to absorb the 2 Provinces.

It was Ukraine that helped create the matter of the East of the country because Kiev did not care a damn about them because the principle language there was Russian and the illegal coup in Kiev (supported by the stupid West) did not care a damn about certain parts of their own country.  Ukraine is a political and financial basket-case and created by itself NOT Russia. May I also say that the widespread corruption and mess in Ukraine is self created and the war time Nazi inclined side is prominent once again.

Reply #88
A fourth (or fifth) present-day GermanEuropean Empire would be morally superior to all empires past and present for the time being.  :)
Dear Frenzie are you out of your mind?
Since when Germans are morally superior to anyone? Superior?? Even Pygmies have higher moral standards.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #89
…G. Washington gave wise counsel, when he cautioned our young nation to eschew "entangling alliances" with Europe…
The next generation of Europeans -without NATO- might well bring war back to the continent. (Of course, ISIL doesn't have to wait! :( )
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #90
At least Washington is closer to Jefferson than Einstein… Perhaps the US should also avoid entangling alliances with the US south if it wishes to avoid war?

(Also, what war is there to bring back? There's a war in Donbass right now.)

Reply #91
The next generation of Europeans -without NATO- might well bring war back to the continent.
Next generation of Europeans don't go into war, they surrender first.
Europe still exists because even worst than our decadence it's our enemy incompetency. We should not rely on that forever.

NATO is not a matter of alliance but simply to get laid with an enemy in order to maintain the others away. Europe has no option but acting as a mistress. An expensive mistress.

All that, of course, was the old classical geo strategy outlook. Current reality is beyond all those concepts, countries don't exist anymore, alliances are a farce, wars a tv show, once free societies turned into consumerist soul extermination camps, new terrorism a daily constant anywhere and the only thing that really is going on it's mankind being into slavery by forces we can't clearly identify it's origin and/or nature.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #92
If NATO disappeared there would be no war situation in Europe as we live in different times.

Reply #94
"Once all the Germans were war-like and mean… But that couldn't happen again! We taught them a lesson in 1918 — and they've hardly bothered us since then."
Satire is a dying art, I'm afraid. But thanks to printing and audio-recording, some of the best stuff is still available!
(Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j20voPS0gI )
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #95
"Once all the Germans were war-like and mean... But that couldn't happen again! We taught them a lesson in 1918 -- and they've hardly bothered us since then."
Germans, Russians and Jews. The holy trinity.
I forgot the Anglo Saxons, that makes a... quaternity??
A matter of attitude.

Reply #97
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QugLFzedHzk[/video]

Reply #98
Well as are heading out of the EU mess-up your problem boy. And you have a forgetful memory of us as we helped you during Napoleonic times!

Reply #99
So two hundred years ago you guys were helpful to the future EU members? Wow, that was just like yesterday and ever so relevant! :yes:
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal