Skip to main content
Topic: (solved) No Video on youtube or myvideo (Read 2468 times)

(solved) No Video on youtube or myvideo

Hi,

May I have not really searched here in forum, but why i can't see video on youtube? Audio is ok, but video still black.
Here a video of my issues.
https://youtu.be/pB1XWpBMyls

Thanks for helpful ideas, or links...
Regards
Daniel
ps. Sorry for my bad english, I'm a stuppid german  :D

Re: No Video on youtube or myvideo

Reply #1
Hm, I'm not sure really. You seem to have the relevant codecs as per your screenshot, but for me HTML5 YouTube works just fine in Otter.

Reply #2
@Leiche, it might be lack of MSE (although AFAIK it should only limit availability of higher quality versions), revived QtWebKit might solve this playback issue.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #3
I'm just getting "An error occured. Please try later." permanently on all YouTube videos now.  :(
This is using the HTML5 player on Windows XP.
Works fine in all my other browsers.
How can I force the Flash Player to test that?
 :)

Re: (solved) No Video on youtube or myvideo

Reply #4
Get it now playing, failed the gstreamer1.0-libav libary, but no full screen ...
Make the post so far as solved.

Regards
Daniel

Reply #5
Still no joy here, I'm just getting "An error occurred. Please try later." on every YouTube video with the HTML5 player.
It's fine in all my other browsers.
The Flash Player does work if I force it, but why doesn't the HTML5 player?
:(

Reply #6
@Leiche, fullscreen was recently added to revived QtWebKit, you can try AppImage for beta12.

@DaveH, sadly in case of Windows XP the only way is to try to install codecs, newer Windows versions have Media Foundation which provides support for the most popular codecs natively.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #7
Thanks Emdek, I was afraid that might be the case, and my investigations since my post last November had actually confirmed it.
Google Chrome includes the necessary codec, and you can add one from Adobe to Firefox to play HTML5 video (at the moment anyway, not for long!) but all other browsers seem to have this problem on XP, just another symptom of an obsolete operating system I'm afraid!
 :(