Skip to main content
Topic: Its is me again (Read 6252 times)

Its is me again

As my previous thread was blocked by a Mod I will say that I am definitely mulling over shoving off from here rather than have my time wasted.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: Its is me again

Reply #1
Mull away, old sod! :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #2
Well my satirical hermit if I decide shortly I am not putting up with something more private we will no doubt miss each other. Will be one consolation if depart...I am not an ex-colonist!  :D

Reply #3
Well my satirical hermit if I decide shortly I am not putting up with something more private we will no doubt miss each other. Will be one consolation if depart...I am not an ex-colonist!  :D
No, you're a typical Glaswegian.

Reply #4
Nice one jimbro!

For the rest of you in the remnant of Opera, I am not going to put up with control freakery so will now move towards departing.  For now I will be here until Friday will see me depart so that will be the farewell day.  :knight:

Reply #5
For now I will be here until Friday will see me depart so that will be the farewell day.   :knight:
Are low cost flights to Exile lower at Fridays? Maybe you should wait until Exile turns a popular holiday destination. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #6
Wasting my time with crybaby shit.

As you like to say, if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Otherwise, grow a pair and see ya on Monday.

Reply #7
The Sanctuary would not be the same without the sainted Glaswegian.

Don't leave us Mr. Howie!

Reply #8
:)
进行 ...

Reply #9
Firstly. ensbb3 is a brilliant example of why a numpty like Trump can run for the top job in the ex-colonies. Let me make it clear to him and anyone else who is a regular contributor here that none of you are the ones who has made me take this stance. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud-cuckoo land and wrongly ambitious. None of you get through to my traditional Glaswegian stubbornness   (a historical appraisal of some length) so don't get ambitious ensbb3. Dealing with the regulars here is not a problem for me so note that.

Reply #10
Secondly.

Reply #11
Secondly.
[...] While every topic can deviate that doesn't mean it has to turn into "Rj's Facts About The US TM". I haven't been posting much, old man, there's no way I relate anything going on at the moment to something I've done. Just tighten up a little on where you mindlessly rant. Have a conversation on another topic, jeesh. I'm no more threatened by anything you say than you are of me. I don't feel I have to answer to you. But I do like you here. Moderator made a call on something and he's not wrong nor did he go too far. Some moderation is necessary for everyone to enjoy their time here and our's are damn good ones.

So it's your call, pops. I'm sure I'll miss ya some times, but bellyaching just doesn't do it for me. Just move on or get over it.  8) 

Reply #12
You are slightly off the beam a wee bit dear man and like with my porridge have a big spoon! I gave a list both here and on Opera of a big list which ex-colonists could have tried to answer but didn't. Those that cannot answer then drift into a corner that it is only that country that gets the hit but it isn't! Indeed I have a long history on a swatch of things. What I don't care much for is a control freakery thing here. No harm toy you or the people who get directly involved as they are NOT the issue I have and it is easy to fathom that one out! I have always in my life stood out from the crowd and not just when I speak at a meeting or a rally, etc.  As it happens I have had contact pressing me to stay so will muse until Friday. You have one benefit in that you don't live in Edinburgh so there are worse places than you-know-where......!

Reply #13
As it happens I have had contact pressing me to stay so will muse until Friday.
Contact pressing or the Press contacting you? Maybe they want to buy your memories - The Day Catholics Allowed Me To Speak.
A best seller at the land of protestants, for sure. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #14
It would appear that I have missed something.

In any case, "As the Jimmies Rustle" apparently is continuing with our dear Brexit Scot getting a tad rustled:

Reply #15
Brexit Scot Howie. Hmmmm...great name for a new baby!

Reply #16
Brexit Scot Howie
Being Brexit means seeking refuge into American arms. What a dilemma for rjhowie... the only exit he has is to turn Catholic and ask for help to Virgin Mary. Then he will be guided by the Holy Spirit.
Of course, first he must suffer in order to get redemption from all his sins. ;)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #17
Before i decide dear jimbro please do in your cartoon attempt not contradict yourself as you know fine well that Glasgow people are strong stuff. However if you want to ally it to mod mindsets then feel free! And anyway funny coming from Yankee land where they act like children.

That is it for now and I i decide to continue you will all find out in due course.

Reply #18
If it weren't such a sappy song I'd post a link to Dan Hicks' "How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away"… :)

But I gave you the title and the artist, Howie: If you ever learn how to use a computer, you can find it.
进行 ...

Reply #20
Before i decide dear jimbro please do in your cartoon attempt not contradict yourself as you know fine well that Glasgow people are strong stuff. However if you want to ally it to mod mindsets then feel free! And anyway funny coming from Yankee land where they act like children.
Than why is that you're making threats to leave the forum? Over what? Because some people (myself included) got annoyed that you hijacked every thread into the same anti-American rant? Man up and make your own thread, or at least post the unsavory events you find in the What's Going in the Americas thread.  I find the moderation here light. Oakdale and myself could have been censured by the mods much more we were (especially when we're drunk posting at the same time....)
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #21
have not decided what i am doing as of yet as other things been more important but for now will reply to that usual rant from you on my views. I do not threaten anyone but I did point out that your country leaves itself open to being hit because of it's arrogance, imperialism and the internal way it is run. On Opera i listed a very impressive list of things and did the same here on this forum and you know what - you could not answer them as they were too true! This is a tiny forum and a departure makes it even smaller. None of you really bother me but i did not have the control freakery that goes on behind the scenes . Say what you will to this sublission but I am in practice nearer the truth than you think. I will not change on any subject and I do have a wider history than just the nonsense that comes from the ex-colonial idiot mindset! You had to fall back on my Yankee stance as an excuse and ignore everything else.

For now i will remain away and muse on whether to bother being part of the nonsense running this site has become.To the sensible ex-colonists who do exist here and been in touch, fine but to the mind misuse of you there is no answer nor the control freakery that does pull the strings!  :knight: +

Reply #22
have not decided what i am doing as of yet as other things been more important
What could be more important than the Brexit vote? Are you thinking how to stay in EU?

Reply #23
Nah! He's just thinking "other things" might be more important than whether he continues to post on DND… I won't fault him for that.

You, ersi, miss most of everything; nuance isn't your thing! :) You still think defining words is the most important intellectual endeavor… :(

Indeed, GB has decided to leave the European Union. And -by the vote tallies- Scotland and Northern Ireland did not… So (don't know about Northern Ireland…) Scotland might well try for "independence" again; but note that even an overwhelming plebiscite calling for Scottish independence has no force in law: It is not binding.

Why -I ask- did you bring this up, here?
进行 ...

Reply #24
Why -I ask- did you bring this up, here?
Just for the fun of it. You of course don't share my sense of humour. I will not help you out with smilies, because over here we don't say "just kidding" like Americans do. In our culture, we tease and giggle with cruel ruthlessness.

Anyway, of course I knew what Howie meant. It's just that I don't care to hear about that. It's much more fun to see how he reconciles his love for the Queen and Europe with the fact that the two are now divorced.