Skip to main content
Topic: Keeping an eye on Vivaldi.net (Read 16232 times)

Re: Keeping an eye on Vivaldi.net

Reply #25
Reminds me of my pendulum clock times two.

Reply #26
May I say that those who posts in "vivaldi" are sissies?
No?
Okay, I wouldn't say it.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #27
Vivaldi.net seems to have less vitality than this place, yes, (or is it merely that I am less active there than here?) but now there are posts that give hints of something big.

So, where's Vivaldi Browser?

And in "Improving your favorite web browser" the current last post says
Thank you guys, many of these suggestions are very good ones, and duly noted. :)

It may of course turn out to be out a big bang anticlimax also, which will be interesting in its own way. Stay tuned.

Reply #28
First time I've been to that site in months. Indeed, not much has changed... More complaining now.

Curious how our communities mirror each other too. Wonder if it'd ever be beneficial to merge at some point? 

Reply #29
My concern is not to lose yet another site where I keep a blog...

Reply #30
I followed your "where's Vivaldi Browser" link, ersi. Did you note that sgun's reply came six months after the question was posted? :)
But absence of evidence is not evidence of absence! We shall see.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #32
Yup! So sorry… (Specially, if anyone took that as a criticism of sgun.) My eyes? Or the color scheme and font? Doesn't matter: I'd better start using the browser's zoom in function more regularly!
Thanks for the quick correction, Frenzie.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #33
Seems to have died just now.

Edit: And resurrected again.

Reply #34
Edit: And resurrected again.

Thankfully I don't have any link anymore to watch such aberration and I don't want to have it.

Another site, DnD, remains loyal to itself, a bunch of maniacs competing (with relative enthusiasm) for the salvation of mankind at all possible levels of hallucination.
Great. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #36
 :lol:
A matter of attitude.

Reply #37

See, it's our erstwhile Josh doing his normal thing. Isn't it marvelous to see him alive and well?

I clicked on that! I've read some stuff!
:yuck: :ko: Don't do it again. Mercy, please... :faint:

Reply #38
Vivaldi.com has unveiled a product. Test and share opinions.

Edit: For Linux, available as .deb and .rpm from the website, and in Arch user repository.

Reply #40
Vivaldi.com has unveiled a product.

I skim over that link to the forum in my bookmarks and briefly debate on deleting it from time to time. There's little to no chance I'll ever register there. Somehow I doubt the browser will entice me much.

https://vivaldi.com/#Home

Reply #41
Took a quick look earlier. Right now the browser is a test-project, it's up to you if you want to be a guinea pig for it. I'll wait it out a bit, seems I got enough browsers anyway.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #42
Fast forward to 2015, the browser we once loved has changed its direction.

One could argue in the mesh of failed half-assed ideas they actually picked a direction. That they picked a bad one may be my opinion but looking back to my bittersweet experience with Opera I have to ask where the bastard sister of it will be when we fast forward next.  

Reply #43

Just another Chrome-fork.
Indeed. It has taken the direction imposed by Google.
No option to  turn off  scripting and system wide network settings.
Can't tell how fast it is since I didn't go so far to connect it to the internet.

Reply #44
Just another Chrome-fork.
Indeed. It has taken the direction imposed by Google.

Selling the soul to the devil. It happens to the weak.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #45
Vivaldi.net now pre-screens blog posts before publishing. That place is now totally lost as a blogging platform.

Reply #46
I've just deleted Vivaldi from my bookmarks. I suppose I could go there and end my membership, but it doesn't seem worth the bother. Deleting from the bookmarks will be good enough.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #47

One could argue in the mesh of failed half-assed ideas they actually picked a direction. That they picked a bad one may be my opinion but looking back to my bittersweet experience with Opera I have to ask where the bastard sister of it will be when we fast forward next.  

In regards to the browser... Deleted it.

Reply #48

I've just deleted Vivaldi from my bookmarks. I suppose I could go there and end my membership, but it doesn't seem worth the bother. Deleting from the bookmarks will be good enough.

I agree. Haven't looked at it in ages and their browser is irrelevant to me.

Reply #49
Quote from: Vivaldi.net
We have reset the passwords for the small number of vivaldi.net user accounts affected by the recent CloudFlare data leak. If yours was among them, your old password will no longer work below. Please recover password via your registered email.
My password doesn't work. My registered email was the My Opera email, now discontinued.

So long, Vivaldi.