Skip to main content
Topic: Unsubscribe to a topic  (Read 3723 times)

Unsubscribe to a topic

If I post to a topic, I get subscribed to it, which is fine. That is what I want.

But somehow I've missed how to unsubscribe from it afterwards if I'm not actually particularly interested in it.

Re: Unsubscribe to a topic

Reply #1
It's called "notify" (and turns into "unnotify"). But I just noticed there's no "unbookmark". :P

Incidentally, virtually no one uses bookmarks. I wonder if anyone really uses them?

Reply #2
I piled up a few topics into bookmarks at first. There's a way to to select a bookmark and remove it when viewing the bookmarks.

Reply #3
Let's see. @Luxor has a bunch. @Mandi too. @Syav has a couple. And then there are a few who have just a single bookmark.

Perhaps I should try disabling the addon (to remove some visual clutter) and see if anyone complains about the missing feature.  :whistle:

Reply #4
I didn't realise that I had any.  :lol:
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #5
It's called "notify" (and turns into "unnotify"). But I just noticed there's no "unbookmark". :P

That didn't work. Tried to "notify" them and then "denotify" again to no avail. New posts still show up.

Incidentally, virtually no one uses bookmarks. I wonder if anyone really uses them?

Skyscraperforum had a function that seems to have disappeared again, a list of liked posts that de facto worked as bookmarks.

Reply #6
Oh drat, notification is about e-mails. Yet you get the option to "unnotify" after you post in a topic. Something's dodgy here, lol.

@jax btw is it just me or is your avatar broken? :P

Reply #7
The "Enable unwatching of topics" setting wasn't enabled. It should all be good now.

So to summarize,
  • Notify is e-mail (but you should be able to turn that off here)
  • Watch is what feeds "new replies"

Reply #8
Let's see. @Luxor has a bunch. @Mandi too. @Syav has a couple. And then there are a few who have just a single bookmark.

Perhaps I should try disabling the addon (to remove some visual clutter) and see if anyone complains about the missing feature.  :whistle:
I didn't realize I had any either. Oops...

Reply #9
I'll go ahead and turn them off as a test, then. :)