Skip to main content
Topic: about:cache crashes on old profile/no about:plugins/about:addons (Read 1510 times)

about:cache crashes on old profile/no about:plugins/about:addons

first of all, many thanks to everyone - especially Emdek - for their ongoing hard work on Otter

now, to my questions:
if I try to open about:cache, Otter closes.
- I am writing here instead of Github because I do not think this is entirely Otter's fault as it does not happen with a fresh profile, only with my 'old' one (configured w/ toolbars and whatnot). I don't really want to start from scratch, so does anyone have an idea what to do? I tried deleting the cache directory itself, which didn't help. OS is WinXP if that matters.

also, is there no about:plugins? I just realized this. how is the user supposed to check his/her installed plugins then? personally I only have Flash installed anyway, I'm just wondering ;)
unrelated to this, I once added the action "Plugins" (text entry) to my toolbar; I don't really remember what it was good for, it now seems to do nothing, is that right? or is it just my profile messed up once again

and one last question, about:addons is currently just a place holder without any function, correct?

Re: about:cache crashes on old profile/no about:plugins/about:addons

Reply #1
1. I can confirm that about:cache crashes Otter Browser when ran on Windows 7 SP1.
2. There is no about:plugins currently. Hopefullly it gets added soon.
3. The new weekly coming soon should allow users to import scripts via about:addons.

Re: about:cache crashes on old profile/no about:plugins/about:addons

Reply #2
@mihau, plugins have own ticket too, I've postponed it since QtWebEngine only supports PPAPI (so in most cases just flash) and QtWebKit has no public API to check it, perhaps it will be better with NG.
Lets keep the other part of discussion in ticket.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.