Skip to main content
Topic: Upcoming Upgrade (Read 36712 times)

Re: Upcoming Upgrade

Reply #50
Like, for one example, what BBcode .. Tag do we use to insert a video?
Just putting the link on a new line will do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyuVyor1QIY

Sorry, but that's not good .... click it it it goes to a new tab....not good .....  & it opens in YouTube, not here like it should.

Where's the "Player" we had in Simple Machines DND & in OPERA, that when clicked played the video right there, could pause right there....you know the one we used:

[video] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyuVyor1QIY [/video] 

with the tag?

Please tell me  .....  us ......... that it's just a simple matter of plugin' it in somewhere in the 'new, & better' ElkArte BBS Code, & not a step backwards to something inferior. 

Reply #51
I will put up the video BBC later for old posts, but it's not working because you didn't actually put it on a new line, although I'm not sure how you did it. :P There's a whole bunch of spaces preceding it which only make it look that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyuVyor1QIY

Reply #52
For all our information ......  Is there a  'complete' list of BBCodes/Tags   that can be used in this forum....something like what we had in our other forum??

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Category:Bulletin_Board_Code
This is an evolved version of SMF, so it's all pretty similar. Here's a list of the currently enabled BBC (aka all of them):

Here to stay
    abbr
    anchor
    b
    br
    center
    code
    color
    email
    footnote (new![1])
    font
    ftp
    hr
    i
    img
    iurl
    left[2]
    li
    list
    me[3]
    nobbc
    pre
    right
    s
    size
    spoiler
    sub
    sup
    table
    td
    th
    tr
    tt
    u
    url

May yet be removed[4]
    h1
    h2
    h3
    h4
    h5
    h6
    video

My two recent posts were from mobile phone, with Dolphin browser and Lightning browser. They identify as Chrome. That sucks.
You can see for yourself that Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 5.1; et-ee; E5603 Build/30.1.A.1.33) AppleWebKit/537.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/537.16 Chrome/33.0.0.0 contains no indications to the contrary. ;)
There's currently a little bug in that sticking a footnote at the end of a line eats the newline. You can avoid that by placing a space after your closing /footnote tag.
These left, right and center things will also work as align=left/right/center.
Normally used as /me, not as [me]blabla[/me]
These were added by me.

Reply #53
Quoted text is marginally smaller. Do you have a screenshot?
The font size differences don't look too bad after zooming in a bit. This is how it looks in Dolphin: 

And in Lightning:

But still it would be better without the font size differences.

...no indications to the contrary [in the user agent strings].
Right. And this sucks. (Posting this in Lightning.)

Reply #54
But still it would be better without the font size differences.
Perhaps. I didn't dislike it because the assumption is that you pretty much know what the quoted text says anyway. I made the difference a bit smaller for now.

Reply #55
By the way, doesn't this thread belong more to the Admin board? You can test migration of a thread.

Reply #57
Avatars overlapping text if not using 100% font size.

The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #58
➤ ➤  Is  Quick Quote  still a work in progress/on the  'to do' list??
@SmileyFaze I fixed the smiley detection and the fact that I broke it in Opera 10-12, so it should be no more or less functional than it ever was.

@Frenzi, when I hover the Quick Quote all I get/see in my status bar is the forum message noting the message number ( https://dndsanctuary.eu/index.php?topic=2348.msg54174 ).

When I press the button without selecting any text I get the:  Please select some text! message in yellow highlight,, but when I do select any portion of text I want to quick quote, as I did yesterday, nothing.....absolutely nothing happens. It worked perfectly in the old forum yesterday, so somethings changed in here since migration. BTW, when a portion of text is selected & the Quick quote button is pressed, nothing appears in the text edit box down below, & therefore nothing is quoted....naturally the full quote (plain Quote button) works perfectly.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, the video......all I did was paste the youtube url for the video into the text edit box.....isn't that what you meant I should do? I didn't see anything except the youtube url in preview, so when I posted what I did I just preceded it with some spaces to center it better.

Reply #60
Avatars overlapping text if not using 100% font size.
Should be good now. I upped the avatar size limit to 200px on account of today's bigger resolutions and @midnight raccoon is the only one actually utilizing that.

Am I doing something wrong?
Not that I can tell. Have you tried reloading though? (F5 and/or Ctrl+F5) Like I said in #56 I fixed up an issue that was affecting only Opera/Presto.

Also, the video......all I did was paste the youtube url for the video into the text edit box.....isn't that what you meant I should do? I didn't see anything except the youtube url in preview, so when I posted what I did I just preceded it with some spaces to center it better.
Maybe it was similar to the smiley thing Luxor mentioned? I only enabled video autoembed after fixing up the smileys (but before you reminded me about the missing video BBC).

Reply #61
Ok.....so the youtube image shows up, but when single or double clicked, it times out.....the video doesn't play, not on your post or mine? I will try another browser....Im using Pale moon portable.....going to use FF45 & see if I can further pinpoint the problem.

Reply #62
Should be good now.
Still looks the same at my end.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #63
Quick quote not working if you elect to use the full editor in Quick Reply.

Reply #64
Still looks the same at my end.
Oops, my bad. Should be good now. :D

Ok.....so the youtube image shows up, but when single or double clicked, it times out.....the video doesn't play, not on your post or mine? I will try another browser....Im using Pale moon portable.....going to use FF45 & see if I can further pinpoint the problem.
It's working for me. If it doesn't play then in principle neither should a video-BBC inserted video.

Quick quote not working if you elect to use the full editor in Quick Reply.
Ah, that's probably the ticket. Let me see if I can fix that within 10 mins or so.

Edit: okay, within 10 mins ain't happening.

Reply #65
Oops, my bad. Should be good now.  :D
It sure is.  :yes:

Reply #66

Ok....Used FF v45...Video timed out on both Your post & My post whether I single or double clicked the image. It opens at youtube.com  in a new tab ....... if I click the link above the image....Exactly the same results when I used Opera v12.16....exactly.  My Adobe Flash is up to date.

So, to recap....

I can post a video by pasting the url link in a new post via the text editing box on a blank line.

I can not play the video within the post in either a Pale Moon v26 browser, a FireFox 45 browser, or an Opera v12.16 browser......regardless of using a single or double click on the the image I receive a timeout error message within the player/image on all 3 browsers, but when I click on the text above the image (upper left side  Youtube video: ) it immediately opens a new tab & loads the video perfectly at youtube.com on all three(3) browsers.

Reply #67
Ah, that's probably the ticket. Let me see if I can fix that within 10 mins or so.

Edit: okay, within 10 mins ain't happening.
I think we can wait.  ;)

Reply #68

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h_GChgSv_A[/VIDEO]

Well, Frenzie ......  dunno what you've done, but yer a freekin' legend!!!

The video tag: 

Code: [Select]
  [VIDEO]   [/VIDEO]

It works a treat, & now so does the video....from within the post.....just like it was supposed to, & always did in the ole forum before the upgrade! 

Now, On a hunch following a tip in a post by Luxor, I also unchecked Use full editor in Quick Reply. in my profile Look & Layout.

Quick Quote started freekin working!!! 

➤ ➤ Quick Quote won't work when using the full editor in Quick Reply option!!!

Reply #70
Actually I just fixed that up so it does.  ;)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but no it doesn't.  ???

Reply #71
Whoops, I forgot to apply the change to the live site.[1]  :doh:  Anyway, I didn't thoroughly test it or anything, but it seems to be working okay.
And as always,  you may have to press F5 or Ctrl+F5 to refresh your cache.

Reply #72
And as always,  you may have to press F5 or Ctrl+F5 to refresh your cache.
Well obviously. Ahem!

Reply #73
I don't like this.
Why quoting has so litle letters? do I need a microscope to post?
And what is this? : Otter 0.9.09  Linux • Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/538.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Otter/0.9.09
A matter of attitude.

Reply #74
@Frenzie    I can confirm, "Quick Quote" does work splendidly  with "The full editor in Quick Reply option" selected in Profile > Look & Layout.   

Thank you Frenzie, for the fantabulous job!!